VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen anything official that she was in a blanket. There is an ex journalist who made many claims during the early days, and he stated she was wrapped in her minion blanket which was false.

The video of the site doesn't mention blanket, is there something I'm forgetting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i doubt there was a blanket on scene. I saw an interview with the first officer on the scene and he took us out to scene and described in detail how her body was positioned. He pointed out arms, legs, etc. Nothing about any blanket. Also, he did say it looked as though she was just tossed quickly there and not positioned or placed down carefully.

I agree that there was probably no sex the night of the murder but in cases of rape, statutory or otherwise people are prosecuted without physical evidence. Even when the victim denies there was contact. I'd assume if they did have sex there was some talk about it through text or something

I doubt there would be many prosecutors willing to take such a case to court. How exactly could one proceed with a case when there is no physical evidence and victim denies there was contact? What would be the basis for the prosecution?

Also, I tend to doubt that there was sex on the night (morning) of the murder, so there wouldn't be DNA in a rape kit to prove it. I do not see how they can prove sexual activity other than "she said" sad but that's the way it is. JMO

I agree, unless they tried something on with her and she fought back. But I think not because of the late hour, the comment about planning to kill her, if true, and also because they just dumped body where it would be easily found. If he had sex with her and left evidence he would have hidden the body better. Also I think if she was pregnant, or he even suspected she was he would have burned the body or put it where it wouldn't be found, i.e. Buried in deep in woods, or tossed it into water, etc.

It is important. I thought the "...truth can set me free" phrasing was odd vs. "will set me free".

Just bc DE didn't have a bond hearing doesn't mean he isn't talking. I wonder if he's said anything to LE yet. If not, he definitely has something to hide. If you were innocent of charges and thought someone was framing you, most people would scream it from the rooftops the first chance they got. If he's not saying anything it doesn't just look bad, it is bad. Even Ariass blabbed her mouth nonstop round the clock for days on end. :happydance:

No it was the Commonwealth Attorneys description released on Feb 4! Wgram do you agree with me that it makes no sense to go to the Wytheville location? No matter how stupid they were, they covered so much unnecessary ground it's baffling. It's almost taunting, like seeing how much they could get away with. I don't know but this Wytheville thing has been on my mind all day.

Sorry you are right, I don't know why I said prosecutor. I had just read it when I found it. Ugh. Yes TsulaNC I do agree that it makes no sense that they would go to Wytheville. It is out off the beaten path and the only thing I can phantom is maybe they were trying to spread themselves apart from the area as not to draw suspicion. Wonder if they knew someone in Wytheville? Erie

Virginia State Police explain scanning equipment used in Lovell investigation

An updated scanner, used for the first time in this investigation, helped police create a 3-D model of what they believe to be the crime scene in Montgomery County.....
The machine creates a “point cloud” that is paired with the hundreds of pictures it takes to create a 3-D model of a crime scene.

“Enables the user to create measurements from the virtual crime scene itself without necessarily having to do them or to basically check the ones that were done manually at the scene,” said Zirkle.

“You could say a perpetrator is 6 foot 1 tall, or a witness for that matter is 6 foot 1 tall, and you can create a view from where that person was located and what they would have seen at the time of the crime,” said Zirkle.

http://wsls.com/2016/02/18/police-explain-scanning-equipment-used-in-lovell-investigation/

Yes its an awesome tool I just really hope they dot all the i's and cross all the t's. Meaning to be sure that the evidence is backed up another way to be sure that there are no questions. Not to rely only on that scanner. Don't get me wrong its great, but we don't have room for margin here. It was quite apparent to me when this started unfolding (arresting DE) that someone was ratting someone out. I think I was close as NK was singing like a bird. But whether she was ratting him out or simply putting on a show/performance IDK.

OK, gonna make a try at the bolded item myself. I have been confused about this since the prosecutor said in article linked last night that she was continuing to consider whether to pursue the capital offense angle -- while at some point earlier in these threads, from some information another poster provided, I had gotten the impression that DE/NK would not be death-penalty-eligible because they are both under the age of 21. On doing a little research myself, I believe the capital murder qualification to which that poster was referring was this one (and all the stuff I'm going to quote is available at the link at the end of this post):

I (who am not a lawyer, so just my regular old opinion) read this as saying that, in Virginia, NK and DE are not death-penalty-eligible under THIS item, because of their ages.

There are, however, a number of other capital murder definitions/qualifications that could possibly apply here that DO NOT make any mention of a specific age range disallowed for defendants. One I would think COULD (possibly) be in play here:

There are other possibilities at the link -- but of course, IMO, we (the public) do not have enough information about the specifics of this case yet to make even an educated layperson's guess, really, at which, if any, of those listed will apply.

But I do now understand, at least, why the prosecutor can still be "considering" the question.

http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/18.2-31/

I think if it was especially cruel or heinous, or in certain other circumstances they can make exceptions to CM charge / DP

Runners are notorious for keeping their leg muscles warm. . And that's not to say why he had them on. He could have been so startled and on edge that he didn't even bother to realize.

Maybe as a subconscious security blanket bc he was scared to death about being arrested and brought in. Just an added layer to "hide" under.

No it was the Commonwealth Attorneys description released on Feb 4! Wgram do you agree with me that it makes no sense to go to the Wytheville location? No matter how stupid they were, they covered so much unnecessary ground it's baffling. It's almost taunting, like seeing how much they could get away with. I don't know but this Wytheville thing has been on my mind all day.

Maybe they wanted to go somewhere they wouldn't be recognized. College kids love Walmart. it's usually their go to store for everything.

Just bc DE didn't have a bond hearing doesn't mean he isn't talking. I wonder if he's said anything to LE yet. If not, he definitely has something to hide. If you were innocent of charges and thought someone was framing you, most people would scream it from the rooftops the first chance they got. If he's not saying anything it doesn't just look bad, it is bad. Even Ariass blabbed her mouth nonstop round the clock for days on end. :happydance:

He obviously talked some to LE, because we've had a few snippets -- such as that he did admit he had been in communication with Nicole, that he watched her climb out her window, "I believe the truth will set me free"", etc.

It may be that he has not said much beyond what we have seen reported. It also could be that he has said much more but that LE/prosecutor does not wish, for any of a variety of possible reasons, to make any more public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88