VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T just read about the BEVER brothers from OK............murdered to be FAMOUS............could these 2 say the same???

I think DE enjoyed the control over Nicole, because since attending VT he probably didn't have control over most things. He was used to being the star in hs; now he's a little fish in a big pond of greater atheletes. Probably was struggling as a student as well. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but <modsnip> these weed-out classes can really do a number on most -- particularly kids who are "used" to excelling all the time. I think the connection with Nicole may have been a way to escape in the beginning, and the pressures and panic led down a very dark path. Maybe he always had this inclination, but was able to keep it at bay because his ego was constantly being stroked at school and kept a very rigid schedule of practice and then of course lived with his parents (little time, little opportunity).

I think NK was struggling, too, and was a pleaser-perfect storm. I think her escape may have been this "friendship" with DE. I'm sure she was excited about potentially dating an athelete. I'm sure it may have felt incredibly "romantic" that he rescued her when she needed that emergency appendectomy. Right now I'm still feeling that she got sucked in and would have done anything for him, just to keep him in her life. Whatever he gave her emotionally, she couldn't live without. Ugh.

Yeah they are Hokie Stone crazy... its just Limestone. LOL But the majority of the buildings on campus has an exterior facade of the stone. They even sell it as "souvenirs" at the bookstore.

lots of it here in PA also.......

I think DE enjoyed the control over Nicole, because since attending VT he probably didn't have control over most things. He was used to being the star in hs; now he's a little fish in a big pond of greater atheletes. Probably was struggling as a student as well. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but <modsnip> these weed-out classes can really do a number on most -- particularly kids who are "used" to excelling all the time. I think the connection with Nicole may have been a way to escape in the beginning, and the pressures and panic led down a very dark path. Maybe he always had this inclination, but was able to keep it at bay because his ego was constantly being stroked at school and kept a very rigid schedule of practice and then of course lived with his parents (little time, little opportunity).

I think NK was struggling, too, and was a pleaser-perfect storm. I think her escape may have been this "friendship" with DE. I'm sure she was excited about potentially dating an athelete. I'm sure it may have felt incredibly "romantic" that he rescued her when she needed that emergency appendectomy. Right now I'm still feeling that she got sucked in and would have done anything for him, just to keep him in her life. Whatever he gave her emotionally, she couldn't live without. Ugh.

Good points! And another big stresser that DE experienced was the fact that his running was curtailed by having mono and a strained ankle. The running might have been a way for him to cope with stress and a release from his intense feelings. When he had to cut back, it all boiled over.
And it may have contributed to boredom, so he started trolling online to pass the time. When he got in too deep with Nicole, his repressed urges erupted into murder.

I think it's a theory worth considering.

:(

I guess in their sick twisted minds infamous would be the same as famous? I'd quote John Lennon's murderer, but he doesn't deserve any recognition.

lots of it here in PA also.......

Popular in Texas too. We even have a Limestone County. I like it for monuments and such, but not buildings or homes. I prefer iron ore.

What is the consensus on where NK was when she texted "POLICE" to DE? Did she send the text knowing he was already in jail and she was missing her "famous" time?

Good points! And another big stresser that DE experienced was the fact that his running was curtailed by having mono and a strained ankle. The running might have been a way for him to cope with stress and a release from his intense feelings. When he had to cut back, it all boiled over.
And it may have contributed to boredom, so he started trolling online to pass the time. When he got in too deep with Nicole, his repressed urges erupted into murder.

Excellent points! I had completely forgotton about the mono and strained ankle!

I think you have exhausted yourself ^BUF^. Ironto is aways north of Christiansburg on I-81 and Troutville is even north of Roanoke.

(1) Wrong Direction..
(2) Public Safety Areas? There's State Highway Patrolmen all over those Safety Centers. Good idea !!

#NAPTIME4U

I don't see a problem with traveling north. Of course, not local, so there's that. But, what's wrong with going north if you're trying to clean up from a bloody murder? Maybe they got confused and lost... Or maybe they were just trying to confuse LE with tracking their phones? Maybe they knew someone who lived north?

I don't see a problem with traveling north. Of course, not local, so there's that. But, what's wrong with going north if you're trying to clean up from a bloody murder? Maybe they got confused and lost... Or maybe they were just trying to confuse LE with tracking their phones? Maybe they knew someone who lived north?
Plus DE and NK, though maybe book smart, are definitely not criminal masterminds.

I guess it simply thrilled them to stab her in her neck, knowing full well that she was self conscious about the trache scar. sickening. JMO

Well I haven't bothered to get verified or whatever but I'm retired LE from VA. It's expected that if you are asking routine questions if the answers veer in the direction of implicating the person speaking you will interrupt them to sign that old Miranda form. It's ridiculous that you have to break off in the middle of a statement but that's what you have to do. So if a smart detective has a tiny inkling the person they're talking to might make an incriminating statement you have them sign off before the conversation gets started. It's basically saying "You shouldn't talk, you don't have to talk, if you talk we will use it against you, do you want to talk now." Amazingly many people talk. I bet she had waived her rights in the field but they got her to do it again at the station in front of a video camera. I think they had their best investigators and the Commonwealth's Attorney was probably involved from the beginning. I just wonder why the news reported it that way. As tired as she looked in her booking photos she probably was being questioned for hours (Jan 30-31) before being booked in the wee hours of Jan 31. So maybe she told them where to find the body. I have a hard time believing a girl from MD knew where they were when they dumped the body. It was placed in DE's comfort zone. He knew the area. We'll find out next month (maybe).

But to really answer the question for ordinary questions they don't need to Mirandize if you are not a suspect.

edit: Sorry I haven't been on this board in a couple of days but, "Police only have to read you Miranda if you are under arrest." is not true. See above. If they have mere suspicion that you will make an incriminating statement they must Mirandize before asking a question other than name, address, etc. If they do not and you for instance lead them to a dead body there will be a fight about whether your statement will be thrown out. At the moment it veers into you being a person of interest they must read you your rights. Nowadays they have you sign a Miranda form. And video it if possible.

Thank you very much!! Very informative.

I very much agree that he had a lot of extra time on his hands due to the mono & sprained ankle in which he probably started trolling online. He preyed on a young vulnerable 13 yr old girl who gave him the stroking he desperately desired. But let's not forget that she was revealing this very inappropriate relationship. All that he had strived for was about to go out the window. His goals and desires of his dream job were probably going to be replaced with years of jail time. This wasn't his plan...this problem wasn't going to stop it. He preyed upon another emotionally vulnerable person to help him, who was thought it would be exciting to kill someone...except this wasn't a movie, but real life. A young girl was gruesomely murdered.

I very much agree that he had a lot of extra time on his hands due to the mono & sprained ankle in which he probably started trolling online. He preyed on a young vulnerable 13 yr old girl who gave him the stroking he desperately desired. But let's not forget that she was revealing this very inappropriate relationship. All that he had strived for was about to go out the window. His goals and desires of his dream job were probably going to be replaced with years of jail time. This wasn't his plan...this problem wasn't going to stop it. He preyed upon another emotionally vulnerable person to help him, who was thought it would be exciting to kill someone...except this wasn't a movie, but real life. A young girl was gruesomely murdered.
So true BUF, but so hard to understand!
I found the following link which has some VERY interesting comments below the article:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...61129499414:3:0:1454313599:366999285237299588

Found this from yesterday. Autopsy isn't complete...probably waiting on toxicology and other testing...

Jacob Demmitt&#8211; &#8207;@DemmittRT

Medical examiner just confirmed @washingtonpost report. #NicoleLovell autopsy not complete, but ruled homicide by stab wound to the neck

Found this from yesterday. Autopsy isn't complete...probably waiting on toxicology and other testing...

Jacob Demmitt&#8211; &#8207;@DemmittRT

Medical examiner just confirmed @washingtonpost report. #NicoleLovell autopsy not complete, but ruled homicide by stab wound to the neck

Horrible way to die. :(

Horrible way to die. :(

Yes, painful and slow death. Keep wondering about if either DE or NK had access to haz-mat type suits? Were they any science classes where they were required full body haz-mat suits to perform experiments? Maybe paper ones? With the paper covers for your shoes too ?

They had to know this would be bloody. Had to know. Another thing, being that Keepers was a cutter, I bet her family had to lock their knives up. I know you can cut yourself with other things, broken glass, pins, razor blades, but I bet her counselors advised her parents to keep the knives put away. If you have someone who is suicidal in your family, you have to put away the knives. :(

Jacob Demmitt– &#8207;@DemmittRT

All preliminary proceedings in which the victim of physical violence is a minor are required by statute to begin in Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court. After preliminary hearing the cases will proceed to grand jury and then to Circuit Court for trial. All court proceedings in which the defendant is an adult are open to the public unless closed by the judge.

A preliminary determination of the cause of death is stabbing. Certain portions of an autopsy, such as laboratory results, take time. Receipt of a formal report is not anticipated until just prior to the preliminary hearing.

“I appreciate the desire of the media and the public for details. However, my responsibility to Nicole Lovell and this community is to maintain the integrity of the case and seek justice in the court room,” said Pettitt. “I will not jeopardize the many hours of work these officers have done for Nicole. Therefore, I will not be releasing any additional factual information outside of court.”

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/wat...-conference-about-nicole-lovell-case/37770142

All preliminary proceedings in which the victim of physical violence is a minor are required by statute to begin in Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court. After preliminary hearing the cases will proceed to grand jury and then to Circuit Court for trial. All court proceedings in which the defendant is an adult are open to the public unless closed by the judge.

A preliminary determination of the cause of death is stabbing. Certain portions of an autopsy, such as laboratory results, take time. Receipt of a formal report is not anticipated until just prior to the preliminary hearing.

&#8220;I appreciate the desire of the media and the public for details. However, my responsibility to Nicole Lovell and this community is to maintain the integrity of the case and seek justice in the court room,&#8221; said Pettitt. &#8220;I will not jeopardize the many hours of work these officers have done for Nicole. Therefore, I will not be releasing any additional factual information outside of court.&#8221;

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/wat...-conference-about-nicole-lovell-case/37770142

Thanks for posting this Boots!

So true BUF, but so hard to understand!
I found the following link which has some VERY interesting comments below the article:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...61129499414:3:0:1454313599:366999285237299588

Thank you for posting this! Some of these comments ARE interesting. I always scroll down a news story hoping for a post or two that seem to scream familiarity in some way with the accused, and have been frustrated to find very little in this case. Although no one seemed to outright claim to know him or the family, there were certainly a couple that had a definite opinion of the school he attended for 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003