VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the clear explanation!

Awww! You're welcome! I know jjenny explained it much better and simplified than my ramblings...

To correct my statement, I believe the order would have been: DE clammed up. LE arrested him because of all the goods they had on him and then mirandized him. He got his court-appointed attorney, but now parents have decided he needed new lawyers that are death qualified attorneys.

His arrogance, his speech patterns (not an expert on this, but the wooden way he speaks is very creepy to me) and his whole demeanor seems sociopathic to me. Feel free to ignore this completely though, it's just my, admittedly non-expert, opinion

Though I am not an expert either, I think you have a valid observation. Witnesses have noticed both the same alien creepiness and slightly detatched or "wooden" speech with other sociopaths / fully evil individuals.

For example, Scott Peterson did not have an outwardly extreme personality, yet he made some people uneasy for reasons that they could not describe and some aquantiances (he had no friends) felt that he often talked about life events as if he was reading from a script.

Sante Kimes (who does / did have an extreme personality) creeped out even seasoned criminal attorneys who had defended drug dealers and mafia types in the past. One said that she seemed to have an evil / alien aura that to paraphrase "followed no ethics or rules- not even the loose ethics of the criminal world" (indicative of a fully evil individual?). He then would not take her cases anymore.

Awww! You're welcome! I know jjenny explained it much better and simplified than my ramblings...

To correct my statement, I believe the order would have been: DE clammed up. LE arrested him because of all the goods they had on him and then mirandized him. He got his court-appointed attorney, but now parents have decided he needed new lawyers that are death qualified attorneys.
It's interesting to me because Chris Tuck also has some DP experience. http://vts.cs.vt.edu/stories/5919 (scroll to second paragraph). According to some of the comments on the article so helpfully posted earlier, residents of the area think Chris Tuck is a better lawyer than the one hired by DE"s parents. I don't have any idea myself but thought it was interesting. So I guess DE"s parents aren't throwing him under the bus in any way, shape or form. I had thought that might be a possibility prior to this.

I thought I remembered an MSM article in which it was mentioned where DE's father is employed...IIRC it was a government entity. But I have never been able to find that story/that phrase again...edited, maybe? IDK. Even that (if I didn't only dream it) did not mention a parental name, I think; was linked up to something about the father's transfer that brought DE's move from Yakima, WA to Maryland, I think.

I think I am confused about DE's goals and what DE's father actually does for a living. This is all I could find, and it's very little, about DE and family.

EISENHAUER CONNECTION TO AREA

WDBJ7's Justin Ward confirmed Tuesday that Eisenhauer has family living in the Galax and Grayson County area. Some of that family owns land only a few miles from where law enforcement found Lovell's body. She was found near Low Gap in Surry County, North Carolina, which is across the state line from Grayson County.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/wat...-conference-about-nicole-lovell-case/37770142

Eisenhauer had a goal of working for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which develops technology for the military.

Eisenhauer, however, spent much of his childhood in Washington state, where he attended a small Christian school. His father was transferred to Maryland after his sophomore year, and his parents bought their $620,000 home in Columbia in 2013, property records show.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...r-suspects-left-few-clues-to-possible-motives

It's interesting to me because Chris Tuck also has some DP experience. http://vts.cs.vt.edu/stories/5919 (scroll to second paragraph). According to some of the comments on the article so helpfully posted earlier, residents of the area think Chris Tuck is a better lawyer than the one hired by DE"s parents. I don't have any idea myself but thought it was interesting. So I guess DE"s parents aren't throwing him under the bus in any way, shape or form. I had thought that might be a possibility prior to this.

I thought the parents stepped away too. I'm guessing the change is because a hired lawyer will be able to devote more time and energy to the client, more than a public defender would be able to. Just a guess.

I read some similar comments on the other links as well regarding "Tony" and was a little struck by several people familiar with Chris Tuck thinking he was a better lawyer than the new lawyers. I haven't made it to their web site yet. Something about if "Tony" was the lawyer they could bend over and KTAGB. I have no clue as well, but I guess the March 28th date gave them time to get their priorities in order and the retainer fee.

I thought the parents stepped away too. I'm guessing the change is because a hired lawyer will be able to devote more time and energy to the client, more than a public defender would be able to. Just a guess.
You're probably right. Especially since NK has private lawyers, DE's parents must be trying to level the playing field in terms of legal representation.

A quote from your link:

Chris Tuck who has a law practice in Blacksburg worked with Jenkins when the two successfully reversed a 1995 death penalty sentence against Benjamin Lilly after bringing the case to the U.S. Supreme Court. Tuck said he and Jenkins were able to get a life sentence for their client instead.

"Max allowed me a great amount of latitude in the case" Tuck said. "It was a death penalty case it was a big deal and he allowed a young attorney to have a tremendous amount of leeway."

Sounds like Tuck had a great mentor with Mr. Jenkins. IMO getting life in a death penalty case is a pretty big deal.

"He was engaging" Tuck said. "He was fun to be around. He was supportive of the bar. I've heard some stories of when women first came to the bar and he was somebody who embraced them and encouraged them to come."

Great link! I think personally I might have stuck with Tuck.

Personally (and this is based only on my gut feelings, which have been wrong many times in the past) I think NK's behavior, like spilling the beans and how she was acting in the booking video, shows that she is either completely stupid or believes herself to be quite a bit less culpable than DE. I'm in the camp that thinks DE is the mastermind behind it all, and both NK and NL were easily manipulated and overly trusting. He definitely seems charismatic enough to have manipulated both these girls. His arrogance, his speech patterns (not an expert on this, but the wooden way he speaks is very creepy to me) and his whole demeanor seems sociopathic to me. The murder may have been sexually motivated, but I kind of think it might have just been a thrill kill too.

Feel free to ignore this completely though, it's just my, admittedly non-expert, opinion

It's almost like DE is a cold unfeeling robot. His speech feels programmed to me. The puzzling part is the connection between NK and DE. I don't think she is completely stupid. I think she was highly motivated to please her father to a point where she needed medication, and she somehow discovered that cutting herself was some kind of release for her pent-up emotions and frustrations. Why did DE feel that NK was the one person who could help him with Nicole and her murder? Either, he planned on totally throwing her under the bus, or he believed Keepers was smart and could help him in some sort of twisted, demented psychopathic way.

I don't disagree with you that this could be a thrill kill too, but I think all planned murders must be somewhat of a thrill to all killers no matter the motive. Just like Leopold and Loeb, so smart, some much promise, and then they kill a child. Why not use your powers for good instead of evil? I will never understand. Of course, Leopold did go on and accomplish a lot of good things after his conviction and then after his release. But, still, he took a life... the life of a child for no good reason. Same as DE and NK. What a shame! I feel so bad for their parents too as well as Nicole's parents. Never should have happened.

You explained it VERY well. Also gave me a better picture how everything unfolded. I hadn't thought about the scenario where one would have the miranda and the other didn't.

I think I am confused about DE's goals and what DE's father actually does for a living. This is all I could find, and it's very little, about DE and family.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/wat...-conference-about-nicole-lovell-case/37770142

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...r-suspects-left-few-clues-to-possible-motives
Thanks for posting. Maybe one of DE's relatives works/worked for DARPA and he was hoping to follow in their footsteps, similar to NK with her Dad. Just a thought.

Nicole's clothing? Could this be stuff she had in the "suitcase"?
Hate to think it's something else they meant.

Keepers also provided information on the murder weapon, Nicole's remains and Nicole's clothing.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/us/blacksburg-virginia-natalie-keepers-profile-nicole-lovell/

I interpreted that statements as NK was able to describe the murder weapon used and perhaps where they tossed it, she could tell them /show them where Nicole's body was dumped, and she was able to accurately describe the clothing that Nicole was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

The suitcase could have been one that belongs to NK that she used when she went back and forth from home in Maryland and that she kept in her dorm room. I am not convinced that it was a suitcase that Nicole brought with her on her "date" with DE that fateful night. I believe that Nicole only took her minions blanket and a water bottle. She didn't even take a jacket or coat. Plus, I think her mother would have reported a suitcase missing if she thought Nicole had run away. I suppose we will find out eventually as more information comes out at trial.

I interpreted that statements as NK was able to describe the murder weapon used and perhaps where they tossed it, she could tell them /show them where Nicole's body was dumped, and she was able to accurately describe the clothing that Nicole was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

The suitcase could have been one that belongs to NK that she used when she went back and forth from home in Maryland and that she kept in her dorm room. I am not convinced that it was a suitcase that Nicole brought with her on her "date" with DE that fateful night. I believe that Nicole only took her minions blanket and a water bottle. She didn't even take a jacket or coat. Plus, I think her mother would have reported a suitcase missing if she thought Nicole had run away. I suppose we will find out eventually as more information comes out at trial.

Yeah, you are probably correct. So little has come out, just bits and pieces and trying to figure it out and interpreting it different ways. I'm afraid it will be a long wait until trial when we hear more.

I read some similar comments on the other links as well regarding "Tony" and was a little struck by several people familiar with Chris Tuck thinking he was a better lawyer than the new lawyers. I haven't made it to their web site yet. Something about if "Tony" was the lawyer they could bend over and KTAGB. I have no clue as well, but I guess the March 28th date gave them time to get their priorities in order and the retainer fee.

Oh, dear. Looks like Tony has had a personal experience facing jail time.
http://www.roanoke.com/webmin/news/...cle_7a50bb55-2eec-5393-a507-a0f38fa96988.html

What strikes me most about the article is that if he wasn't successful in pleading to a lesser charge, his attorney was going to argue this:

After the trial, Anderson's defense attorney, Tom Blaylock, said he would have presented "evidence of drinking after the accident," calling into question the breath-alcohol test results.

Who smashes their car into a tree, sending his wife to the hospital, then continues drinking?

I was doing some reading on thrill killing and ran across criminal psychologist/profiler site. It got me thinking about the thrill killing angle that was talked about a bit early on. It somewhat answers the questions for me regarding motive (thrill killers dont need one, though it's been stated DE's motive was to silence Nicole) and why they were so sloppy with evidence.

Some notes on thrill killers according to the profile:

...Therefore, the thrill killer will actually aim to befriend or understand their victims better to earn or receive emotional acceptance. This type of acceptance can take place in many forms but is typically experienced through respect and appreciation.

... The alarming characteristic is that thrill killers are not considered to be insane. Thrill killers process data differently from a psychological perspective and experience a euphoric disposition from planning and plotting heinous and sadistic scenarios that always seem to astound society.

... Thrill killing is typically brewed upon hate and rage and yet there doesn’t have to be a motive associated to the killing (Thompson, 2003)

...Thrill killers are time bombs, that want their victims to need them, to be socially attached to them, and there doesn’t have to be a motive present to fuel their killing, just an opportunity. It is rare for a thrill killer to hide or cover their killing or the evidentiary aspects associated to crime commission because they don’t believe it is wrong.

http://ericahutton.blogspot.com/2011/02/examination-of-thrill-killing.html

Most likely the original article was edited to remove this statement (I presume it's wrong info). Here is the article that claims NK was interviewed on Jan 30th, which would make more sense for the timeline.
"Police found Keepers in her boyfriend's room on Jan. 30, at which time she texted the message "POLICE" to Eisenhauer."
http://www.virginiafirst.com/news/local-news/keepers-denied-bond-in-lovell-case
I keep thinking that the reason they "found Keepers 'in her boyfriends's' room is because when they arrived at Eisenhauer's dorm room, with the search warrant, they found Keepers there. I really don't believe there is another guy who is referred to as her boyfriend. She was probably there when the police arrived with the search warrant and didn't know that he had already been arrested. Which would explain why she texted, "Police" to his phone. The phone probably was right there in the room and the police found it because of her text message.

I was doing some reading on thrill killing and ran across criminal psychologist/profiler site. It got me thinking about the thrill killing angle that was talked about a bit early on. It somewhat answers the questions for me regarding motive (thrill killers dont need one, though it's been stated DE's motive was to silence Nicole) and why they were so sloppy with evidence.

Some notes on thrill killers according to the profile:

...Therefore, the thrill killer will actually aim to befriend or understand their victims better to earn or receive emotional acceptance. This type of acceptance can take place in many forms but is typically experienced through respect and appreciation.

... The alarming characteristic is that thrill killers are not considered to be insane. Thrill killers process data differently from a psychological perspective and experience a euphoric disposition from planning and plotting heinous and sadistic scenarios that always seem to astound society.

... Thrill killing is typically brewed upon hate and rage and yet there doesn’t have to be a motive associated to the killing (Thompson, 2003)

...Thrill killers are time bombs, that want their victims to need them, to be socially attached to them, and there doesn’t have to be a motive present to fuel their killing, just an opportunity. It is rare for a thrill killer to hide or cover their killing or the evidentiary aspects associated to crime commission because they don’t believe it is wrong.

http://ericahutton.blogspot.com/2011/02/examination-of-thrill-killing.html

Thank you for sharing your research. It seems as if the thrill killer befriends the victim insincerely, which seems like it is arrogance, but I think it's really severe self-loathing because the thrill-killer doesn't think s/he could be liked except through by deceiving others and being fake. Then, the murder is committed to punish the victim for having feelings for the murderer, which were in fact based on an image the murderer created. So, it's like a complicated case of self-loathing.

I haven't figured out DE, but I do continue to think NK's involvement was a weird case of suicide. She killed someone not terribly unlike her younger self, and she essentially ended her own life by doing so.

Armchair analysis, worth what you paid for it. :) JMOpinion at the moment.

I keep thinking that the reason they "found Keepers 'in her boyfriends's' room is because when they arrived at Eisenhauer's dorm room, with the search warrant, they found Keepers there. I really don't believe there is another guy who is referred to as her boyfriend. She was probably there when the police arrived with the search warrant and didn't know that he had already been arrested. Which would explain why she texted, "Police" to his phone. The phone probably was right there in the room and the police found it because of her text message.

I think that's certainly possible. It would also explain the confusion about if Natalie was found because of the text (as reported at first) or texted when she was found. Taking into account that what's reported in the media nowadays more often than not resembles a game of 'Telephone', I can see your scenario playing out. It would also explain why the 'boyfiend' has been so 'silent'. There is no boyfriend, and someone jumped the gun thinking NK and DE were bf/gf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo