VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be likely they had extra clothes. My guess is that they had cleaned up at perhaps a rest stop? I am unsure if they used the interstate or not. They would have had to dispose of clothing. LE hasn't said where she was murdered at. They said they planned to dispose of the body at Craigs Creek. But then they said thats where they were going to kill her. Could it be that maybe just maybe they did it in NC where they disposed the body of NL? They could have told her that they were eloping or something and Natalie was along for the ride? IDK just throwing it out there. Have they ever said where this really took place?
At one time they were saying Craig Creek Rd. I remember JohnTower posted multiple pictures of the area. Here is a news link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...va-tech-where-nicole-lovell-was-to-be-killed/

Mine did too! Maybe we can pretend we're there to visit them but really go sit in on the trial. My son is not firm on where he's going though. He has other great offers. It's hard for me to believe that DE is only 10 months older than my son.

Absolutely! I don't know where my son will choose to go, either. But if both of our kids end up attending, it's just fate for us to sit in on the trial :)

I don't know why I keep thinking about a quote from NK's dad today. He said something at the bond hearing about education before chores. I guess it jolted me because we have the same policy in our house.

There were two suicides in my daughter's freshman year at college. The university went into PR overload, sending multiple emails about how they were ramping up the "help" for overwhelmed students, but the fact remained that the environment is visciously competitive and isolating. If you don't find a close bond with a roommate (and fat chance on that because the random selection isn't usually successful), many won't find it in the classroom because fellow students consider eachother threats. That leaves extracurriculars. There hasn't been a mention of NK getting involved in college, other than a facebook reference that she was part of an engineering club that designs boats? Can't imagine that took up much of her time.

I am NOT defending anyone, just trying to understand. NK was the oldest, correct? They tend to put the greatest pressure on themselves. I could never come down too hard on my daughter because she was so much harder on herself than I could be -- the oldest, the overachiever, type A, perfectionist. But my daughter had an outlet -- she's pre-med, but immediately immersed herself in extracurriculars at college -- the ones that interested her and gave her a break and release from the stress of class. Would things have been different for NK if she immersed herself in something that interested her like theatre? Did her middle school cutting history, combined with immense competition and time to amplify that, almost guarantee this girl's self-destruction?

5eyz I want to thank you for bringing something up that I hadn't considered before. I agree with you, I find it hard to believe that NK could give directions back to Nicoles body. It takes some time to learn this area. Route 89 is accessible several ways, all of them curvy and convoluted and in the pitch black of night. Very very good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have it hard to believe at all. People have different abilities. Just because someone might not be good with directions doesn't mean NK wasn't good with directions.

Weird, didn't she know DE had been arrested and in jail when she test "POLICE" to him? Did she still think he had his phone?
Was there NO contact with each other after the murder?

She probably was looking for him and when the police went to question her that is when they found her in his room? (AKA her boyfriends room)?

5eyz I want to thank you for bringing something up that I hadn't considered before. I agree with you, I find it hard to believe that NK could give directions back to Nicoles body. It takes some time to learn this area. Route 89 is accessible several ways, all of them curvy and convoluted and in the pitch black of night. Very very good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they did dry runs before that night. kind of like practicing for a play. I am inclined to think they had been there before. I mentioned rest stops earlier too. There was one that a family was stopped at after the holidays and two men shot the husband. If I remember correct that was down near the state line.

If NK is telling the truth (or some version of), she may not have been bloodied at all and may have been the one ALONE to into the store to get the cleaning supplies.

I find it hard to believe that these two would remember to bring a change of clothes, but would not remember to procure cleaning products before hand.

I don't envision a change of clothes at all. Maybe NKs roll was to clean up. Maybe her roll was sexual in a way. IDK, just throwing it out there.

I googled some possible areas they may have cleaned up...

This is my first pick...
Caldwell Fields Campground http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/null/recarea/?recid=73631&actid=33

VA rest areas http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/map-rest-area.asp

Radford Safety Rest Area South http://www.virginiadot. org/travel/map-ra-radfordsb.asp

Ironto Safety Rest Area http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/map-ra-ironto.asp

Troutville Safety Rest Area http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/map-ra-troutsville.asp

I would think that the rest stops would be equipped with cameras. So if any of those hopefully LE have reviewed those recordings.

I think you have exhausted yourself ^BUF^. Ironto is aways north of Christiansburg on I-81 and Troutville is even north of Roanoke.

(1) Wrong Direction..
(2) Public Safety Areas? There's State Highway Patrolmen all over those Safety Centers. Good idea !!

#NAPTIME4U

at VT do freshmen have private dorms or do they share with another student? DE was suppose to have a roommate as stated earlier and we don't know about NK............(with all the time she spent with DE, he may of been the boyfriend mentioned?)

A
I think you have exhausted yourself ^BUF^. Ironto is aways north of Christiansburg on I-81 and Troutville is even north of Roanoke.

(1) Wrong Direction..
(2) Public Safety Areas? There's State Highway Patrolmen all over those Safety Centers. Good idea !!

#NAPTIME4U

I tried.

I guess you can tell I don't live around there...but you must.
So tell me about Caldwell Fields Campground...

I have removed some posts. The rules are that we do not sleuth witnesses, random people interviewed in the press who may know a suspect or victim, family members, friends or anyone except the accused. :nono:

If NK is telling the truth (or some version of), she may not have been bloodied at all and may have been the one ALONE to into the store to get the cleaning supplies.

I find it hard to believe that these two would remember to bring a change of clothes, but would not remember to procure cleaning products before hand.

I don't envision a change of clothes at all. Maybe NKs roll was to clean up. Maybe her roll was sexual in a way. IDK, just throwing it out there.

Very good. I admit I don't believe her when she says she did participate in the murder, but it's entirely possible she did not. Thanks for nudging me out of my rut. She quite possibly wasn't a mess. Still, that leaves DE a mess and he would eventually have to enter his dorm.

JMO.

at VT do freshmen have private dorms or do they share with another student? DE was suppose to have a roommate as stated earlier and we don't know about NK............(with all the time she spent with DE, he may of been the boyfriend mentioned?)

I used to work there. I don't recall seeing any private dorm rooms. I would be inclined to say that they don't have them. This past year alone they had to rent part of an apartment complex for some of the students since they had several thousand more students enroll and be accepted. The dorms that they renovated were for two occupants. Those dorm rooms are terribly small too.

Since you asked and I've been sleuthing dorm rooms anyway I can sort of answer. Most freshman dorms are doubles. A single is rare and mostly reserved for those with a health problem that need the single. I think the warrants showed DE lived in Ambler Johnson. It's the honors dorm. Only about 10% of the class are accepted into honors. A student has to choose to apply to honors so it's not necessarily only the tippy top students. The way they described security I don't think it was possible to sneak NL into the dorms after hours on a week night. We've all dismissed that idea a while back. I can't remember where NK lived but it was a different dorm.

https://www.vt.edu/about/buildings/ambler-johnston-hall.html

Since you asked and I've been sleuthing dorm rooms anyway I can sort of answer. Most freshman dorms are doubles. A single is rare and mostly reserved for those with a health problem that need the single. I think the warrants showed DE lived in Ambler Johnson. It's the honors dorm. Only about 10% of the class are accepted into honors. A student has to choose to apply to honors so it's not necessarily only the tippy top students. The way they described security I don't think it was possible to sneak NL into the dorms after hours on a week night. We've all dismissed that idea a while back. I can't remember where NK lived but it was a different dorm.

https://www.vt.edu/about/buildings/ambler-johnston-hall.html

She lived in Lee Hall. The dorm that DE lived in was just recently remodeled. They have security as you said. You couldn't get into housing without swiping your Hokie Passport. There would
be a record of who entered the dorms

I googled the charging documents and NK lived at Lee Hall. It's a freshman dorm. I've always thought Tech seemed gloomy. Lots of people love the hokiestone.

http://www.housing.vt.edu/halls/hall_list/Lee.html

Yeah they are Hokie Stone crazy... its just Limestone. LOL But the majority of the buildings on campus has an exterior facade of the stone. They even sell it as "souvenirs" at the bookstore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse