GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever there is a case that is going on longer than you would like and has so many options of things that happened, I do a quick rundown of probability. Things do happen in life. They rarely happen two at a time. For example, a child might get out the house- he might return, he might be found, he might have had an accident. A child might be kidnapped- usually from someone breaking in and taking them, taking them from the play area, etc. Very rarely do you see 2 very extreme things happening together--- a child who is not known to wander leaves the house unattended and then, by chance, gets kidnapped along the way. To me, that is the least likely scenario. I know its possible, just not probable.

So, then what does that leave? He went out on his own, wandered and was lost or hurt. He was lured out by a friend or a neighbor or someone he knows. He never made it home from the dad drop off. He never ever made it to the dad drop off. Someone broke in and took him (very unlikely that someone would be able to know that 9am would be a good time to find an unattended child inside, so I think this is not very probable).

The fact that the police are saying his disappearance and the attempted abduction from a couple of years ago are unrelated worries me. I think they are leaning against a stranger abduction and probably have reason to do so.

I just want him found. I keep telling my little boy I love him, with every post I read. I would die. Really. If anything were to happen to him, they can just take me, too.

BBM, that seems to be LE's focus, which leads me to believe they have something to indicate that as being most likely.

I am so sorry to see that little Noah is still missing. I am praying fervently that he is found safe and sound.

not being mean but is mom ill? she went to bed to nap...........why not on the couch with him in the living room while he watched TV?
If he was outside wandering around, no neighbors saw him?
Was someone used to a regular routine in the mornings?

Does Noah go to school? I wonder if he could have gotten his days mixed up and thought his mom overslept getting him ready for school. My nieces often get themselves up and dressed then head to the bus stop alone when their mom doesn't get up. It could explain a child that doesn't wander away, according to family, "wandering away".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does attend school I read a news article earlier saying they would have counselors to help.

not being mean but is mom ill? she went to bed to nap...........why not on the couch with him in the living room while he watched TV?

There's also a baby in the home. My guess is (based on my own parenting experience) that she probably laid down with the baby. Also it's been reported that she worked the night shift. And that Noah wasn't the type to wander off. So, all told, it would make sense to me that she felt comfortable laying down while the older child was occupied with a tv show.

I have a " second degrees of separation" connection on this case which I have been in contact.... Just this SECOND learned of it... following and have not even swam upstream to see previous posts...I have not heard of this case until a communication just now... will look into and update later

View attachment 71627
View attachment 71627

Bumping the poster.

Such a cute little guy :)

Please, GOD, bring him home to his folks.

There's also a baby in the home. My guess is (based on my own parenting experience) that she probably laid down with the baby. Also it's been reported that she worked the night shift. And that Noah wasn't the type to wander off. So, all told, it would make sense to me that she felt comfortable laying down while the older child was occupied with a tv show.

Link? First I've heard of mom working. Seems awful to have mom work overnight, dad work in the daytime and have no help with the childcare.

Have to admit that I used to do that sometimes after the second baby was born. My son was 4 and 1/2 and would be content to watch cartoons when he came home from Preschool. My infant would sleep and I would take a catnap on the couch. The doors were locked tight but I guess he could have figured out how to get out if he had wanted to. There But For The Grace Of God Go I...:candle:

I haven't had a chance to read through every post - but I'm wondering if neighbors have been questioned about anyone going door to door selling things or knocking on doors for... Anything? I'm just thinking if possibly someone knocked on their door & Noah answered telling them his mama & baby were sleeping... Leading to ... I don't know. From what I've read in MSM it seems this little guy wouldn't just walk out of his house without telling his mother.
Saying the BIGGEST prayers for sweet Noah. I read a lot of WS cases, but this is the first one I can honestly say that has my heart wrenched. I have two little ones- right around Noah's age. He reminds me so much of a little guy in my kiddo's kindergarten class. I just cannot think of a guy that little out in this big wide world without his mama. Praying for Noah!!! [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link? First I've heard of mom working. Seems awful to have mom work overnight, dad work in the daytime and have no help with the childcare.

A lot of people don't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. Especially in small town, rural America. I am a teacher and I am still amazed at the number of kids who have parents who work opposite shifts. That's why they do it -- so that they don't have the expense of child care.

As far as all of the comments about why she drove him to work. I just keep thinking that if they have one car (don't know if that's the case, but just a thought) and if mom is home with two little ones -- if I were dad, I'd rather have her home with the car than just have it sitting in the parking lot at work. If she had to run to the store, or a child got hurt, it would make more sense.

JMO...as always.

Because I live in Virginia, I have been following both this and the AJ Hadsell cases pretty closely. I just wanted to say 'what a difference' between the way that the families are handling things. The FB page answers questions and refers to LE. Donations for searchers are being handled by the American Red Cross -- no WH types trying to make a buck (MOO), and parents are working closely with LE.

Just sayin'...

There was the case recently of a little guy opening the door to a stranger and being abducted (but later returned). So it IS possible Noah opened the door to someone and his mother didn't hear. Of course it's statistically unlikely. He must have gone out to play and has been hurt or abducted. What I wonder though, is if he did this regularly and came back in before his mother noticed. As a new mother, this could be her weekend ritual- take dad to work and come home and nap with baby. Someone in the neighborhood could have realized this and seized the opportunity.

I get NO parent involvement from this case. Noah is the center of their social media and family seems to love him a lot. I think this is definitely someone outside the family. JMO.

Sweet boy, I hope he's safe out there somewhere.

Because I live in Virginia, I have been following both this and the AJ Hadsell cases pretty closely. I just wanted to say 'what a difference' between the way that the families are handling things. The FB page answers questions and refers to LE. Donations for searchers are being handled by the American Red Cross -- no WH types trying to make a buck (MOO), and parents are working closely with LE.

Just sayin'...

What is a WH type?

It's really hard not to think of your own kids when you try and imagine what might have happened. I have a 5 year old boy, just like Noah. He has a 2 year old little sister, and I've napped with her after tough nights since my wife works weekends. I think that's not an uncommon scenario for parents with odd work schedules and multiple small kids.

When I was following Devon Michael Davis, tragic case of the 2 year old who wandered off while mom slept - just like this - someone brought up a really good point that I have since seen repeated over and over again in tragedies like this. Kids never behave a certain way, until they do. They don't know how to unlock the deadbolt, until they do. They won't wander off on their own, until they do. Life is about discovery, pushing our boundaries is what we do as we grow. If we never surprised our parents we'd remain toddlers in terms of experience and ability. Just because he never acted a certain way doesn't mean he didn't.

I also agree with the above poster, and have thought the same thing - about unlikely events compounding each other. Either someone took him from the house without leaving evidence - meaning it was someone he knew or who had a reason to be there (family member, friend, door to door stranger) - or he wandered off on his own - or the parents story is not accurate. I don't see a mixture of these 3 possibilities ... but maybe I'm off.

At this point I hope someone took him, because a living 5 year old wandering the hills would have been spotted. Weather hasn't been terrible, not too cold at night, but no food and rough terrain for a little guy - and 5 is old enough to know to look for houses and look for people if lost. When you look at the map, yes it's sparse but there are homes in every direction. And lots of people combing those hills. I also have to assume the helicopters are looking for heat at night, as they did with Devon? If someone took him there'd be more of a chance of him being ok somewhere, in my opinion.

Then there's the water. They are 85% certain he isn't in the water, but I go back to Devon Michael Davis - they searched the water multiple times before ultimately finding him there. Again I'd like to think, knowing my son, a 5 year old would avoid water. But then I also know 5 year old boys.

I sat down with my son last night and asked him - Gavin, would you ever leave the house without telling mommy or daddy?
Gavin : "No. Can I play skylander?"
Me : "Sure. But real quick, what would you do if you wanted to go out and we were asleep?"
Gavin : "I wouldn't go out (focusing on the TV)"
Me : "What if the ice cream truck were just outside, would you go get ice cream?"
Gavin : "Yes, but where do I get money?"

Just ramblings. I really really desperately hope this family is one of the lucky ones - that this turns out well for little Noah and his parents. There is so little for us to go on ~ I hope they have more.

It's really hard not to think of your own kids when you try and imagine what might have happened. I have a 5 year old boy, just like Noah. He has a 2 year old little sister, and I've napped with her after tough nights since my wife works weekends. I think that's not an uncommon scenario for parents with odd work schedules and multiple small kids.

When I was following Devon Michael Davis, tragic case of the 2 year old who wandered off while mom slept - just like this - someone brought up a really good point that I have since seen repeated over and over again in tragedies like this. Kids never behave a certain way, until they do. They don't know how to unlock the deadbolt, until they do. They won't wander off on their own, until they do. Life is about discovery, pushing our boundaries is what we do as we grow. If we never surprised our parents we'd remain toddlers in terms of experience and ability. Just because he never acted a certain way doesn't mean he didn't.

I also agree with the above poster, and have thought the same thing - about unlikely events compounding each other. Either someone took him from the house without leaving evidence - meaning it was someone he knew or who had a reason to be there (family member, friend, door to door stranger) - or he wandered off on his own - or the parents story is not accurate. I don't see a mixture of these 3 possibilities ... but maybe I'm off.

At this point I hope someone took him, because a living 5 year old wandering the hills would have been spotted. Weather hasn't been terrible, not too cold at night, but no food and rough terrain for a little guy - and 5 is old enough to know to look for houses and look for people if lost. When you look at the map, yes it's sparse but there are homes in every direction. And lots of people combing those hills. I also have to assume the helicopters are looking for heat at night, as they did with Devon? If someone took him there'd be more of a chance of him being ok somewhere, in my opinion.

Then there's the water. They are 85% certain he isn't in the water, but I go back to Devon Michael Davis - they searched the water multiple times before ultimately finding him there. Again I'd like to think, knowing my son, a 5 year old would avoid water. But then I also know 5 year old boys.

I sat down with my son last night and asked him - Gavin, would you ever leave the house without telling mommy or daddy?
Gavin : "No. Can I play skylander?"
Me : "Sure. But real quick, what would you do if you wanted to go out and we were asleep?"
Gavin : "I wouldn't go out (focusing on the TV)"
Me : "What if the ice cream truck were just outside, would you go get ice cream?"
Gavin : "Yes, but where do I get money?"

Just ramblings. I really really desperately hope this family is one of the lucky ones - that this turns out well for little Noah and his parents. There is so little for us to go on ~ I hope they have more.

Thank you for sharing. I do hope they find him soon. I can't imagine one of my kids missing.

:tantrum: Where is this dear child?!?!?! :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member