GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex-husband has a septic on his property. He regularly falls asleep while putting the children to bed at his house before they fall asleep themselves (yes it is a problem that has been addressed but has not been corrected). Our kids aren't wanderers but they are 5 and 7 year old boys. We need to examine what access is possible if any asap. And if something is amiss, it will be fixed NOW. Thank you Noah. RIP sweetie.

MSM from Kenneth White's vigil. He was found by dogs within moments of their being let out of a car. He was found very near his home days after he was reported lost. There is a world of difference in my impression of the families involved.

I pray for strength and perseverance for little Noah's family and hope they are able to see laying him to rest through properly, and hope that the whole community may heal, as they find answers.

I try not to think about little Kenneth's family and feel extremely grateful for the communities that have stepped up around his cruel death to help other children and his sisters, especially.

I've sent the photos to Bessie, along with screenshots of the Facebook pm between my cousin and myself from this morning. If she gives me the ok, I will post the info and photos, as she allows. I will have to take out the parts about her personal opinions on the Mom, of course. But she did certainly have some relevant info about Noah's habits and personality. And her photos of the property, which she sent my mom back in September 2014, when she and her fiancée were deciding whether to stay in Virginia, where he is from, or move to Connecticut, where she has lived the past 10 years (they moved to CT), show the position of Noah's mobile home and the property layout more clearly than I've seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From that article:

According to previous statements, Noah was last seen on Sunday morning watching cartoons around 8 or 8:15 a.m. by his mother. His mother then went to take a nap with their infant child and awoke around 10:35 to see that Noah was missing.

Am I reading that right? Mom was asleep for TWO HOURS?!? I havent folllwed to closely because of the type of case this is, I can't handle hoping for a little one to come home and then it ending badly. Easier for me to come in after its all said and done and then look at what's happening. But I'm sorry, and I hope I don't get a time out for this, but taking a two hour nap while your five year old is awake is NEGLIGENT. :maddening::maddening::maddening:
It is negligent, I have fought with someone for years on this subject I absolutely agree!!!!

I personally have never done it but am curious if it is "against the law".

maybe had screws? Since a 'clean out was scheduled'............family having sewer problems?
Did someone remove he screws to look in and then cover it, but not screwing it back up?
Did little Noah think he could help?
curious? fell in? put no one noticed a septic uncovered in the search?
I find that odd that no one would notice an open hole in the yard while looking for a child.
I am anxious to know if Noah had a coat and boots on.

I'm not in VA but in my area the ground froze and thawed several times this winter. The ground moves each time this happens and the screws could've been loosened and some could even have popped out. If two were loosened and two popped out, he could've lifted one side of the cover, looked in and fell and the lid would've automatically flipped back down in place. The remaining screws would've dropped back down in place and appeared to be secure when they really weren't. JMO

From that article:

Am I reading that right? Mom was asleep for TWO HOURS?!? I havent folllwed to closely because of the type of case this is, I can't handle hoping for a little one to come home and then it ending badly. Easier for me to come in after its all said and done and then look at what's happening. But I'm sorry, and I hope I don't get a time out for this, but taking a two hour nap while your five year old is awake is NEGLIGENT. :maddening::maddening::maddening:
I think the timeline goes like this:

Around 8 or 8:15 a.m Noah was last seen on Sunday morning watching cartoons by his mother. His mother then went to take a nap with their infant child.
9.30am mom wakes up and sees that Noah is still watching TV. Mom goes back to bed. (maybe/maybe not)
10:35 a.m mom wakes up to find Noah missing.
11:00 a.m mom calls LE

reading Noah's face book page, many are saying Noah was wrapped in a blanket?
Has anyone seen this on any news? or is his a rumor LE said to ignor?

This type of tank has a plastic lid that goes over the top. Authorities have not said if the top was on or off when they found Noah.

Sources say the tank is 4 by 8 feet and 5 and a half feet deep. The septic tank holds about 1,000 gallons.

I am stunned to see this type of septic tank system. Placing a lid made of plastic over the septic tank system above ground is an accident waiting to happen. IMO. And as the lid (cover) ages since it is plastic it becomes thin and brittle due to the environment. And it just seems to be laying on the ground covering the tank. Children are very curious and want to see what is hidden under lids.

This type of cover would never pass safety measures here in Georgia where I live I don't think. Even septic tanks that have to be built up are still underground entirely. In fact our tank is made of rebar steel and concrete and is buried below the ground and grass grows over the top of it. A homeowner or renter always has to be mindful of the location and make sure they never drive on top of the septic tank. It can cause pressure on the tank and cause stress fractures. It also can crush leech field lines going from the tank out into the yard where the ground absorbs the water released from the tank underground.

Even when the tank has to be pumped the maintenance men never have to uncover the entire lid which is about 4 feet wide and 8 feet long. We also have a 1000 gallon tank. They use a prod to find the cover that flips back where they can put their hose in it to draw all materials and water out of the tank should it become full. We have never had to have ours pumped but one time in the 25 years we have lived here.

On our rental property they did have to uncover the entire lid covering the tank to see if the baffles were working properly and it took a heavy duty lift truck to pick it up since the lid alone weighs hundreds of pounds itself. As far as I can remember we have never had anyone fall in a septic tank in my area or even be put in one because it is simply to heavy to do so.

If the access to this lid cover is right there in plain sight I wouldn't be surprised if Noah either curiously lifted the plastic cover or someone else did and put him in there. The ME will be able to tell if he drowned or was already dead before winding up in the tank. With the lid being plastic anyone could have done this even a young person. IMO

Even though the tank is constantly ridding itself of water and sludge it pretty much stays full all the time while it is breaking down the materials that go into it so it can runoff into the leech fields.

Even if it had a lock on the lid if the plastic lid had deteriorated the lock wouldn't hold the lid closed.

Such a sad and tragic ending for such a cute little boy.

I think the timeline goes like this:

Around 8 or 8:15 a.m Noah was last seen on Sunday morning watching cartoons by his mother. His mother then went to take a nap with their infant child.
9.30am mom wakes up and sees that Noah is still watching TV. Mom goes back to bed. (maybe/maybe not)
10:35 a.m mom wakes up to find Noah missing.
11:00 a.m mom calls LE

The 9:30 wake up has now been verified by LE as not accurate. Mom went to bed after taking dad to work then woke up at 10:30 and noticed Noah missing. She briefly searched and then called LE about 11.

I am grateful for this case because when I have the septic pumped this spring (we do it every two years...old home and we want the septic to last as long as possible) I'm making sure some kind of reinforced lid goes on the thing. I know what's on there right now and it's giving me the heebies thinking about it.

Those of us who have been looking at FB and other comment threads have been seeing a specific kind of ugly rumor. I wonder if some people posting that particular rumor may be conflating Noah's case with an older story about a death of a child, also in Pulaski County. Mashburn Avenue is downtown Pulaski, while Highland Road is in Dublin--it would take about 15 minutes or so to drive between them. But the story would have been covered by the same news outlets (Southwest Times, Roanoke Times, TV news based out of Roanoke, etc.). Enough time has passed so that details may not be recollected accurately.

Please note: I am in NO WAY suggesting this happened in this case. Instead, I'm proposing this is one reason the rumor has such power and traction with the community, in spite of the fact there is no known connection.

Here's a link to a short summary of the earlier incident and resulting trial: http://www.southwesttimes.com/2010/07/archive-4899/

Does anyone know why the dogs didn't track Noah's scent to the septic tank? If that was the last place Noah walked to, would the scent not be stronger?
Is there a reason why the dogs wouldn't have tracked Noah to that area, apart from if Noah didn't walk there?

I don't have knowledge of search dogs, but it seems like the dogs went in the opposite direction.

Does anyone know why the dogs didn't track Noah's scent to the septic tank? If that was the last place Noah walked to, would the scent not be stronger?
Is there a reason why the dogs wouldn't have tracked Noah to that area, apart from if Noah didn't walk there?

I don't have knowledge of search dogs, but it seems like the dogs went in the opposite direction.

I am no dog expert but I have read it is harder for dogs to scent in areas which may have human biological matter in or around it.

IMO

I just found out that my first cousin and her fiancée rented the white House in front of Noah's mobile home and lived there until just a few months ago. I am going to send a message with the photos of the property she sent me to a moderator so I can get the ok to post them. She also had some interesting encounters with the family that gave me some insight into Noah's too short life. Her 2 girls played with Noah frequently in their shared yard and they are all devastated.

Please advise your cousin that tips investigators have asked for are exactly the kind of things you have mentioned here. Interactions with the family and living in direct contact with the septic system where this happened are important in the overall investigation. Your cousin should contact the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office and be forthcoming with the information @ (540) 980-7800. They may be quite interested in the photographs, too.

Please understand we would love to hear the stories here, but Noah comes first. If it makes a difference in this case then we would be wrong not to encourage them to tell investigators instead of us.

I would like to send my condolences to your cousin and her family. It must be heartbreaking for the girls and the parents to deal with the loss of Noah.

Those of us who have been looking at FB and other comment threads have been seeing a specific kind of ugly rumor. I wonder if some people posting that particular rumor may be conflating Noah's case with an older story about a death of a child, also in Pulaski County. Mashburn Avenue is downtown Pulaski, while Highland Road is in Dublin--it would take about 15 minutes or so to drive between them. But the story would have been covered by the same news outlets (Southwest Times, Roanoke Times, TV news based out of Roanoke, etc.). Enough time has passed so that details may not be recollected accurately.

Please note: I am in NO WAY suggesting this happened in this case. Instead, I'm proposing this is one reason the rumor has such power and traction with the community, in spite of the fact there is no known connection.

Here's a link to a short summary of the earlier incident and resulting trial: http://www.southwesttimes.com/2010/07/archive-4899/

Who really knows but from keeping up with child cases for decades it seems many will point the finger at the parent or parents immediately even before the evidence comes forth.

So I am not shocked to see some are already saying the parent or parents purposefully did this to Noah.

I do know through the years I have read of other children falling into septic tanks but they were usually old abandoned ones no longer being used.

That is why I am going to wait and see what LE says. Thus far all they have said is the parents have been extremely cooperative.

IMO

Maybe Noah first walked to the road, then turned back following the same path and stopped at the septic tank?

When I was a young mom no matter how sleepy or sick I was, my son would never leave me alone at that age..............
he was constantly in things especially food, refrig, dishes, in and out of my room, he may of watched a TV show for 15 minutes and then he would be bored and toys came out, house got wrecked, noises like his match box cars wrecking, I could write a book. (miss those days).
Blessed with 4 grandsons, same story. If I ever heard 'quiet' I would immediately go crazy because I meant they were really into something.
I always had to call a relative or friend to babysit when I was ill, so I could recover.
JMOO does anyone have a 5 year od male child hat can be on his own for 2 hours while you sleep soundly? Curious if I just had over active males.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971