GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sent the photos to Bessie, along with screenshots of the Facebook pm between my cousin and myself from this morning. If she gives me the ok, I will post the info and photos, as she allows. I will have to take out the parts about her personal opinions on the Mom, of course. But she did certainly have some relevant info about Noah's habits and personality. And her photos of the property, which she sent my mom back in September 2014, when she and her fiancée were deciding whether to stay in Virginia, where he is from, or move to Connecticut, where she has lived the past 10 years (they moved to CT), show the position of Noah's mobile home and the property layout more clearly than I've seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're great to do this... thank you.

Who really knows but from keeping up with child cases for decades it seems many will point the finger at the parent or parents immediately even before the evidence comes forth.

So I am not shocked to see some are already saying the parent or parents purposefully did this to Noah.

I do know through the years I have read of other children falling into septic tanks but they were usually old abandoned ones no longer being used.

That is why I am going to wait and see what LE says. Thus far all they have said is the parents have been extremely cooperative.

IMO

Well said, thank you, especially as I agree with you. It was also reported that the parents had been constantly monitored by LE since the search started, as is done in such cases, normally. If they had some nefarious drug habit, it may have become obvious to LE by now, given the freedom of movement they've had on the property, just a guess, but it doesn't seem to be where LE is going with this.

Our septic tank cover is a round cement lid, several inches thick--with two metal handles. When it needs to be pumped, the septic company uses some kind of crowbar thing that is attached to a jack-type device. Like a car jack, only larger.
Couldn't lift it if I tried.

I didn't realize there were plastic or other sorts of covers for septic systems ; just assumed they were all heavy duty to prevent the very thing that happened to Noah.
Is there any way he could have died accidentally at his home and the mom was panicking ?? Really reaching here.....

The last case I recall where someone ended up in the septic was Summer Inman (?)

:moo:

So sad whatever happened. Rest in peace, little Noah !!!

When I was a young mom no matter how sleepy or sick I was, my son would never leave me alone at that age..............
he was constantly in things especially food, refrig, dishes, in and out of my room, he may of watched a TV show for 15 minutes and then he would be bored and toys came out, house got wrecked, noises like his match box cars wrecking, I could write a book. (miss those days).
Blessed with 4 grandsons, same story. If I ever heard 'quiet' I would immediately go crazy because I meant they were really into something.
I always had to call a relative or friend to babysit when I was ill, so I could recover.
JMOO does anyone have a 5 year od male child hat can be on his own for 2 hours while you sleep soundly? Curious if I just had over active males.............

I wonder this too. My cousins baby is only 6 weeks younger than mine, and the difference is night and day. Her baby could seriously grow moss she is so inactive unless being encouraged, while my child is like freaking spider man or something. I think that's why it bothers me about the sleeping so much. Accidents can happen when you are watching, two feet away. I love my fellow websleuthers, and in no way am parent shaming, as I truly believe all parents try to do their very best, but I have been surprised by how many can relate to falling asleep. Maybe it is because my child is wild and goes and goes and goes that I can't imagine that. But there have been times, like this week, where she is sick(and somehow keeps going like the energizer bunny) and I haven't slept for days, and am now getting sick myself, even the freaking dog is sick(yay at a 100lb dog with an upset stomach :hills:)and my hubby is out of town and my mother in law is having dental surgery and is really our only other babysitter. So what do I do? CAFFEINE like no ones business! Yes, I'm tired, but it doesn't mean I can rest or get extra sleep, at least not right now, maybe in 16 years or so!

Please advise your cousin that tips investigators have asked for are exactly the kind of things you have mentioned here. Interactions with the family and living in direct contact with the septic system where this happened are important in the overall investigation. Your cousin should contact the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office and be forthcoming with the information @ (540) 980-7800. They may be quite interested in the photographs, too.

Please understand we would love to hear the stories here, but Noah comes first. If it makes a difference in this case then we would be wrong not to encourage them to tell investigators instead of us.

I would like to send my condolences to your cousin and her family. It must be heartbreaking for the girls and the parents to deal with the loss of Noah.

Absolutely. She has spoken twice to LE regarding what she observed to be Noah's play habits and of her observations in the shared yard.

Absolutely. She has spoken twice to LE regarding what she observed to be Noah's play habits and of her observations in the shared yard.

Bless her heart for stepping in good or bad and telling what she knows to be true facts.

Wonderful! I just felt it was important to say just in case. Some people don't realize how those things could play into an investigation because they are removed from the situation currently. I am sure LE appreciates the input.

Now I can't wait to hear about Noah and see the yard!

Once when I was horribly sick and feverish, I parked my 3 year old son and 6 year old daughter in front of the tv, put on a movie, and fell asleep. DD woke me about an hour later because baby brother had flooded the basement to a depth of about 2 inches! I was lucky that was all that happened. Never fell asleep with awake children again.

I wonder this too. My cousins baby is only 6 weeks younger than mine, and the difference is night and day. Her baby could seriously grow moss she is so inactive unless being encouraged, while my child is like freaking spider man or something. I think that's why it bothers me about the sleeping so much. Accidents can happen when you are watching, two feet away. I love my fellow websleuthers, and in no way am parent shaming, as I truly believe all parents try to do their very best, but I have been surprised by how many can relate to falling asleep. Maybe it is because my child is wild and goes and goes and goes that I can't imagine that. But there have been times, like this week, where she is sick(and somehow keeps going like the energizer bunny) and I haven't slept for days, and am now getting sick myself, even the freaking dog is sick(yay at a 100lb dog with an upset stomach :hills:)and my hubby is out of town and my mother in law is having dental surgery and is really our only other babysitter. So what do I do? CAFFEINE like no ones business! Yes, I'm tired, but it doesn't mean I can rest or get extra sleep, at least not right now, maybe in 16 years or so!

I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month old. I have held my tongue on some of the comments but I have had enough. I have zero help with my kids and my husband just had back surgery so he's not much help. We moved recently and have no family around. I had a bad case of the flu and fell asleep on our couch in our living room that has gates up at both entrances while the baby was napping in his bassinet and my two youngest were running around next to me. I consider myself a very vigilant parent, not a helicopter parent but a vigilant one, and I fell asleep as much as I tried not to. All the caffeine in the world couldn't keep me awake. I was asleep for prob 45 mins but according to some of you on here I should be in jail for child neglect. I think we should stop judging each other. There's enough "mommy wars" in everyday life do we really need it on this forum when all of the facts haven't come out yet?

reading Noah's face book page, many are saying Noah was wrapped in a blanket?
Has anyone seen this on any news? or is his a rumor LE said to ignor?

IMO this is rumor only, since I read that before I read his body was actually recovered. I don't know how anyone would know that info before the rescue team actually retrieved his body :( unless of course the info came from the person who wrapped him in a blanket. IMO I doubt that any of the people tasked with retrieving him looked down the tank and said hey he is wrapped in a blanket and then announced that info to the crowd.

When I was a young mom no matter how sleepy or sick I was, my son would never leave me alone at that age..............
he was constantly in things especially food, refrig, dishes, in and out of my room, he may of watched a TV show for 15 minutes and then he would be bored and toys came out, house got wrecked, noises like his match box cars wrecking, I could write a book. (miss those days).
Blessed with 4 grandsons, same story. If I ever heard 'quiet' I would immediately go crazy because I meant they were really into something.
I always had to call a relative or friend to babysit when I was ill, so I could recover.
JMOO does anyone have a 5 year od male child hat can be on his own for 2 hours while you sleep soundly? Curious if I just had over active males.............

I'm the same here, quiet means there up to something, lol!

My three can play alone or together quite well, but I don't think I get past 5 mins without someone going
"Mum,I need you..... Mum, can I have"......... Mum, she said"......... You get the picture.
No way any of mine would leave me alone for two hrs while I nap.
I have two girls and a boy, my boys the quieter of the three, but i think that's just because the girls are drama queens lol.

My kids loved this book at that age, "Look Out, Patrick!"

http://www.paul-geraghty.com/images/PatCvr250.jpg

I think every kid who makes it past five is a little bit of a miracle, and worth every minute of worry or care, rather, that you can give them, still, but I have learned not to judge other parents without confirmed information, especially. And to not shy away from stepping in when necessary.

Apologize if i seem to be pointing fingers at the parents. We have to let the investigation do its' job.

My now 20-something son 'ran away' around 2 1/2 years of age. He and I were out picking some tomatoes ; it's like I looked down and bent to grab a clump of 3 , and when I stood up, he was NOWHERE in sight ! Gahhhh!!! Found him 15 minutes later at the home of our elderly neighbor, pulling her flowers out of her flower bed in the front yard. She and her husband lived on the same side of the street as us and I'd gone over there before when asked to take care of their cat while they were away, so he went along with me. Never thought he'd go there on his own. Couldn't take my eyes off him the rest of the summer or even ones to follow. And forget trying to have a garden.
I told my neighbor what happened to her flowers and she just laughed and said she was glad my son was o.k.
Embarrassing.

I'm feeling like everyone needs to check their septic covers and make sure everything is safe if you have little ones running around. I'd be afraid to fall in one of those myself , there have been cases of adults succumbing to the fumes -- much less a child !

It might be a good idea to call in a paid sitter and get some rest before you end up crashing and burning. Maybe there is a high school student who could simply sit and keep the child quiet so you could catch a few Z's.

Parents have to take care of themselves in order to take care of their children. Our bodies are not meant to go without sleep to refresh and be able to function properly. People with sleep deprivation are more likely to cause dangerous situations than to prevent them.

I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month old. I have held my tongue on some of the comments but I have had enough. I have zero help with my kids and my husband just had back surgery so he's not much help. We moved recently and have no family around. I had a bad case of the flu and fell asleep on our couch in our living room that has gates up at both entrances while the baby was napping in his bassinet and my two youngest were running around next to me. I consider myself a very vigilant parent, not a helicopter parent but a vigilant one, and I fell asleep as much as I tried not to. All the caffeine in the world couldn't keep me awake. I was asleep for prob 45 mins but according to some of you on here I should be in jail for child neglect. I think we should stop judging each other. There's enough "mommy wars" in everyday life do we really need it on this forum when all of the facts haven't come out yet?

There is a very big difference between what you describe and what we are seeing with Noah or with Jenise Wright. Your children were contained and I bet you would have woken immediately had they managed to crash a gate and escape. I don't think that anyone here would accuse you of neglect or reckless behavior. I hope you're feeling better now. The flu is horrible this year.

You do have your hands full!! Hang in there as they do grow and things won't always be so difficult...well...until they are teenagers.

Using your post to jump off here so my thoughts are not directed specifically at any particular person:

I don't believe it is neglect for a parent to sleep near an awake child as we are all human. As long as they are not passed out or otherwise inhibited from waking quickly (most moms have the "one eye open" sleep cycle for survival). Have any of the people yelling about how neglectful it is ever woke up from a night's sleep to find one of your children climbed in your bed unannounced? Or found the child awake and trying to wake you first thing in the morning? If you have...then by your terms...you are neglectful as that child could have wandered into another room or out the door instead of to your bed. We need to think about how we can hurt each other as parents playing the blame game and instead find ways to create solutions to problems which affect each and every one of us at one time or another.

You do have your hands full!! Hang in there as they do grow and things won't always be so difficult...well...until they are teenagers.

Using your post to jump off here so my thoughts are not directed specifically at any particular person:

I don't believe it is neglect for a parent to sleep near an awake child as we are all human. As long as they are not passed out or otherwise inhibited from waking quickly (most moms have the "one eye open" sleep cycle for survival). Have any of the people yelling about how neglectful it is ever woke up from a night's sleep to find one of your children climbed in your bed unannounced? Or found the child awake and trying to wake you first thing in the morning? If you have...then by your terms...you are neglectful as that child could have wandered into another room or out the door instead of to your bed. We need to think about how we can hurt each other as parents playing the blame game and instead find ways to create solutions to problems which affect each and every one of us at one time or another.

Exactly. We ALL go to sleep or take a shower at some point in that 24 hour cycle. I don't want to shame a parent for taking a catnap. But some parents in some cases have been truly negligent, imo. In this case, I am not sure yet.

There is a very big difference between what you describe and what we are seeing with Noah or with Jenise Wright. Your children were contained and I bet you would have woken immediately had they managed to crash a gate and escape. I don't think that anyone here would accuse you of neglect or reckless behavior. I hope you're feeling better now. The flu is horrible this year.

Thank you for your kindness. I do agree there is a difference but I know that I am not the only parent on here that has fallen asleep while their kids are awake and not the only one that was prob hurt by how some of the posts were written thats why I shared my experience. As a side note, I have worked in child protective services for many years after graduating college (i left bc the system is so messed up and it became too much after I had kids) and we received calls every day about parents who would be knocked out for hours on end, or just left young kids home alone for hours, but most, if not all, of those cases I got involved substance abuse and were prosecuted by the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston