GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Noah's teacher will know many things about him.
If a lady, I wonder how he reacted to her? Was he afraid of women?
Did he miss allot of school?
Were the parents active with his schooling?
Teachers observe many little things.
As do neighbors.
I still can't get over the "LE saying they knew Noah well"...............I doubt if I was because he was in trouble at 5 years old.
Was he ever in foster care?
How long did he live at the trailer? all his little life?

BBM
Is your question wondering if Noah was afraid of woman just a routine question or do we know something hinting he was afraid? No snark, no disrespect, just asking. I've tried to keep up here but I don't know if I'm missing anything. TIA

What kind of bus driver would allow a little 4 yr old child to get onto a bus by themselves at 3am?

OFF TOPIC:

Actually, it was the bus driver who called police. I'll go find the article I read earlier today that states that the bus driver, a father of three, called police about the girl who got on the bus. It would have been worse if he'd left a little girl standing at a bus stop alone at three in the morning.

ETA: Here's the story: Girl, 4, sneaks out, hops bus in search of 3 a.m. slushie

Police say they got a hard and credible tip that they needed to look inside the 1,000-gallon septic tank behind the family home.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

I think it's pretty clear someone called in a hard and credible tip which the police acted on and recovered Noah's body. I don't know why this keeps getting questioned, it's one of the few things LE has released. Why is it being questioned?

I understand that they received a "hard and credible tip". I wasn't questioning if they received it but the circumstances behind it. We can assume that someone saw what happened or was told what happened and called it in but it's possible that someone discovered the sod had been freshly dug there and called it in. LE said they were monitoring the family so it's likely some LE were on the property. If someone on LE called in and said "Hey we just found that the ground has been dug up around the septic" don't you think they would consider that a "hard and credible tip"? At any rate, I'll drop it.

I was just thinking about this. I have many little ones in my family this age and younger. They do not walk out the door without an adult, BUT if the door is open and they do, they don't put a coat on first. They have no concept of if they need one. They would for sure put shoes on, but are always asking if they need snow boots, rain boots, gym shoes or sandals (we live in the Midwest and it can be 30 one day and 70 the next). I have followed cases before with children and often the child is coatless.

I was just thinking about this. I have many little ones in my family this age and younger. They do not walk out the door without an adult, BUT if the door is open and they do, they don't put a coat on first. They have no concept of if they need one. They would for sure put shoes on, but are always asking if they need snow boots, rain boots, gym shoes or sandals (we live in the Midwest and it can be 30 one day and 70 the next). I have followed cases before with children and often the child is coatless.

Totally agree with you -- even my oldest (12) doesn't wear a coat when she should.

Respectfully, I don't think Noah's mother should be expected to organize vigils, start FB pages and talk lovingly about her son to the public in a situation like this. It says lot about the other mothers who are doing these things but nothing at all about Noah's mother. Maybe she didn't socialize with other mothers b/c she is an introvert. Who knows?

JMO
I obviously didn't convey my thought correctly. I wasn't talking about the mom organizing anything. I was talking about Noah's standoffish ness with her cousin. I was referring to how other moms were so fond of Niah, that maybe he was in need of love and nurturing as maybe he didn't get it at home.

Police say they got a hard and credible tip that they needed to look inside the 1,000-gallon septic tank behind the family home.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

I think it's pretty clear someone called in a hard and credible tip which the police acted on and recovered Noah's body. I don't know why this keeps getting questioned, it's one of the few things LE has released. Why is it being questioned?

I think people are just curious to find out if that tip came from the parents or from somebody else. There are lots of possibilities. It could have been reported by somebody who was part of the search crews earlier in the week. For all we know, searchers may have very well opened up the septic and looked down into it on the first day, but couldn't see anything without the tank being pumped. It could even have been an acquaintance of somebody close to Noah who had remembered a conversation over drinks years and years ago about where to hide a body.

We don't know, and we can guess all we want, but it's not going to change anything right now. Noah is no longer missing. LE obviously knows much more than we do, and until the autopsy results are announced, for all we know this could have just been a very tragic accident.

Courtneyb sister said that he was stand offish to her. He played with her children and she had been his neighbor..............
I was just thinking how he was with a lady teacher, but then again his teacher could be a man.

Aunt and uncle of Noah Thomas react to discovery of his body
Brie Jackson, Reporter/Anchor, WJTV Mar 26, '15 10:45 pm, report on Noah's devastated family and community. Noah's completely distraught uncle and anut state

"We know the parents had nothing to do with it. Paul is my brother. I love him. I love Noah very much."

"Whoever did this to him can't hurt him anymore."

My 2 year old grandson would put a coat on to go outside ALONE. It really depends on the kids routines and the kid .
My son would not think of going outside without shoes. Like the option wouldnt occur to him. My son hates a coat and always has, I didnt have to take him in and out in bad weather when he was little,he was a homebody until he started school. My 2 year old grandson is very mobile he is watched by a few different family members on different days and my daughter works at 6 am so she gets him up and dressed and his coat on him everyday so when he wants to go outside he asks for his coat or will bring it to you. His coat and shoes. My teen daughters were total different crazy animals and would flee off in their underwear at 4 if you were not watching them. They are why every door in my house has a deadbolt and also a chain lock and why I do not keep a broom anywhere near the backdoor, because those two figured use the broom to slide the chain unlocked.

I obviously didn't convey my thought correctly. I wasn't talking about the mom organizing anything. I was talking about Noah's standoffish ness with her cousin. I was referring to how other moms were so fond of Niah, that maybe he was in need of love and nurturing as maybe he didn't get it at home.

snipped All these other moms that are doing the balloons, starting the FB page, speaking lovingly of Noah etc, makes me wonder what his mom was like. Moms are quick to pick up on a child that needs love. IMO snipped

My reply was not intended for the first part of your post. I responded to the mention of the other moms that were doing balloons and FB pages made you wonder what Noah’s mother was like. And the last sentence that moms are quick to pick up on a child that needs love.

I took that to mean that Noah’s mother wasn’t doing her part to honor Noah and that moms pick up easily on a child who needs love. Nothing that I’ve read has mentioned that Noah wasn’t getting attention at home. On the contrary in the pictures we’ve seen he looks healthy, has a beautiful smile and bright eyes. He looks clean and dressed well. He had appropriate clothing for the weather. I don’t know anything that would suggest that he needed love from outside his home.

MOO

A few seconds after the music finished a man saying he was a friend of the family's stepped forward and thanked everyone while fighting back tears on behalf of Noah's family, and then quickly left.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/community-still-coping-with-news-of-noah-thomas-death/32070176

Thanks for the link, SeriouslySearching, saw a great picture of the balloon launch earlier today on reporters' FB posts. It took me a while to come back to it. I pray healing for all involved and hope the last thing Noah knew of this world was not some awful person who wished him harm and trust LE will get to answers.

Community still coping with news of Noah Thomas death

"Close to a hundred people released blue balloons at Randolph Park in Dublin Saturday afternoon. An organizer says she hopes it can be a point of healing for people, many of whom didn't even know the 5-year-old."

Shayne Dwyer, WDBJ7Mar 28, '15, 8:27 pm reports, that blue was Noah's favorite color and speaks with grieving community members trying to make sense of it and the impact on the kids.

[...]

"It's just a way t say your good-bye's,"[...] "For the kids, it's their way of them giving him something they say he'll have up in heaven."

[...]

"I don't think anybody here was here for themselves," White said. We were all here for that little boy and his family regardless of the emotions, regardless of the feelings, we were all here for him and his family."

[...]

Screenshot 2015-03-28 at 11.02.06 PM - Edited.jpg

My 2 year old grandson would put a coat on to go outside ALONE. It really depends on the kids routines and the kid .
My son would not think of going outside without shoes. Like the option wouldnt occur to him. My son hates a coat and always has, I didnt have to take him in and out in bad weather when he was little,he was a homebody until he started school. My 2 year old grandson is very mobile he is watched by a few different family members on different days and my daughter works at 6 am so she gets him up and dressed and his coat on him everyday so when he wants to go outside he asks for his coat or will bring it to you. His coat and shoes. My teen daughters were total different crazy animals and would flee off in their underwear at 4 if you were not watching them. They are why every door in my house has a deadbolt and also a chain lock and why I do not keep a broom anywhere near the backdoor, because those two figured use the broom to slide the chain unlocked.
My son picked out his coats (Ninja turtles, Dallas Cowboys, etc) and he loved to wear them plus he kept his pockets full of little things. I can see Noah really liking his camo jacket and I would guess it is also where he kept his Pokemon tin. 2 reasons he may put it on by himself. He wore Spiderman rain boots, too. Things he loved, imo.

Remember Noah was probably limited on toys and clothing so things could be more special more to him.

I have a 2 and half year old nephew whom I babysit during the day while his parents and my mom work. He has figured out how to unlock and open our front door! Aunt Mar is on high alert when I have him during the day. He is too smart for his own good! Luckily we have a gate where our steps our that lead to the door so if he gets that gate down I am able to hear it. Our living room/back room area is all right there. It is rather small so if I am on the computer which is located in the backroom where his toys are I can still see/hear what he is doing if he is in the living room. Although my view is obstructed a bit when on the computer if he is over by the gate/front door since that area is more to the right. If he's more towards my direction I see him fine. If I am on the computer then I def have to put listen out for him getting through that gate! Which he has done before and peaced out upstairs! Lol! but the one day he was playing with his little Thomas bike and he came in and said "Leaving" and I said "Okay bring me back a present" next thing I know he has the gate down and front door open. I was right there but I locked the door he did it AGAIN got in and the door was open. Finally I fixed the gate so he couldn't get through it. LOL

snipped All these other moms that are doing the balloons, starting the FB page, speaking lovingly of Noah etc, makes me wonder what his mom was like. Moms are quick to pick up on a child that needs love. IMO snipped

My reply was not intended for the first part of your post. I responded to the mention of the other moms that were doing balloons and FB pages made you wonder what Noah’s mother was like. And the last sentence that moms are quick to pick up on a child that needs love.

I took that to mean that Noah’s mother wasn’t doing her part to honor Noah and that moms pick up easily on a child who needs love. Nothing that I’ve read has mentioned that Noah wasn’t getting attention at home. On the contrary in the pictures we’ve seen he looks healthy, has a beautiful smile and bright eyes. He looks clean and dressed well. He had appropriate clothing for the weather. I don’t know anything that would suggest that he needed love from outside his home.

MOO

One of the things we would look for, working as an RN in the ER, was a child's reaction with a parent if they needed stitches. Almost 100% of the time, the child wanted the mother, even with the father present. Unfortunately, there were times when a child was brought in for some ailment, and the child's interaction with one parent was so out of the ordinary, that it caught all of our attention. Twice, when I was there, the child was being abused at home.

I didn't say anything about Noah not being loved or well cared for or that his mother was not a good, kind, caring loving mother. My post was in response to courtneyb and was meant to convey how lovely her cousin was to even have observed his behavior towards her. Typically, a child of that age is more comfortable around moms and sometimes may be hesitant around another mom initially as they may associate unpredictibleness with every mom at first, if they are experiencing that at home.

I hope I have clarified what I meant. I was not denigrating or judging anyone. I just thought it was lovely that these moms have stepped up and honored Noah and his family, at the same time helping their kids through grief. If I have not conveyed my thoughts accurately, I apologize. There was no malintent. IMO

Was it actually raining the morning Noah disappeared or the night before? I'm thinking the boots may have been new, a necessary spring purchase with rain coming and the ground wet still from melting snow, and last year's were probably too small. Maybe he was very excited about his new Spiderman boots and wanted to wear them. So excited, perhaps, that he stuck his foot into a hole in the ground that he knew would be wet?

A hard and credible tip can be a passerby reporting suspicious activity in the area of the septic tank when they drove by on Saturday night. Or, it could be someone reporting that the _____'s boots were caked with mud or smelled when they came to work. Or, a tell tale item left or comment made at a job. Or, a missing hex tool from the workshop/toolbox, one that would be used to open a septic lid. It doesn't have to be that the tipster knew that the body of Noah was in the tank but rather could be something that led them to zero in on the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor