GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article yesterday that had boys insteaf of boy and it looked like an extra s, a typing error. I dont think Noah was seen with another child, I doubt he was seen that morning at all. Based on the tip and the tank being the exact location, and the lid being on, the fact there is no "lingering" danger I dont think he fell in. Lingering to me says there is no danger now but to Noah there was. That being said he did appear to be happy, normal, and cared for. I think that danger was close to home but I stop short of feeling that anyone intended to hurt him. I think some event took place that was the direct result of something in the home but there was not an intent to harm him. The result ended in his death and covering it up IMO. The parents anguish is probably genuine. Poor Noah :-(

That is exactly my thoughts too. Horrible as it sounds, its a better scenario than the poor little mite drowning in the dark, in sewage.

ETA: IF it did happen that way, then I would find it hard to believe that disposal happened in complete daylight that morning with the risk of a neighbour or passing driver seeing something. However I guess that could explain the 'hard tip' to look in the septic tank.

I agree with the speculation that an "accident" occurred at home and there was a "freak out" moment that initially led to a huge story. Maybe that is why the sheriff is trying so hard to protect the parents, maybe he sees that this was not intentional and they were just scared. (Just a theory)

I don't know what to think now!

The sheriff has backed the parents every chance he got in the past. Told people to ignore internet rumours and spoke about how co operative the family has been. He didn't mention them at all this time. That speaks volumes to me.

Also, If this was an accident where's the warning to other residents to check their septic tank covers and make sure they are safe.

I'm not a fan of this Sheriff given his complete dislike of SM and rather rude & condescending dismissal of "armchair detectives" but I think he did a very good of placating the parents for as long as possible and delaying the entrance of legal counsel. He must come across as much more like able in person than he does in front of cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you said that.. you have reminded me also that the sod that was on top of the septic cover.. some have suggested that perhaps it wasn't there initially.. however, apparently a neighbour has reported that the cover was indeed covered with the sod.. if the tank hadn't been serviced since installation over a decade ago, then there would have been no reason to have that piece of sod already cut, even if it was still in place over the lid. So the grass should have, by all rights, just been growing over top, without having been cut and lifted... but cut and lifted it had to have been, in order for poor Noah's body to have entered the tank. Police will also be able to ascertain whether that sod patch had been freshly cut, or whether that patch had old and weathered edges from being cut a long time ago. although.. grass is a funny thing.. even if a patch is cut out and then placed back.. it tends to just start regrowing and become one again with the surrounding grass.

If someone had recently done some digging with a shovel there would have been evidence on the shovel.It would appear abnormally clean, or have fresh dirt on it.I'm sure forensics can tell the difference between a shovel that hasn't been used in months to a shovel that's been used in a few days by the consistency of the dirt on it.

Although I can certainly understand LE not divulging confidential information, if the baby was still in fact with the family, and considering the numerous times police had asked for rumors to stop, and how many times they had told the public the family was continuing to be nothing but cooperative, and how often police had mentioned how devastated the parents were.. surely the answer would have been different, and more along the lines of, 'yes of course the baby is still in the home, as stated in the past, please understand this family is devastated, has been nothing but cooperative, and please let the rumors stop NOW'. But yet this time, nothing of the sort, and a non-answer.

..... And the comment made yesterday about the baby was that there would not be a comment -- that spoke volumes to me. .....

Even if this was a terrible accident and the parents panicked and placed him in the tank, wouldn't they still be charged? Tampering with evidence, obstruction come to mind.

Yes, that is what I'm saying.. if there was reason to make an arrest, police would not wait until after the service, but yet no arrests have been made.

I remember in the case of,Susan Smith that she was in custody and not permitted to attend her boys funeral.

I wondered about that also. I believe that in MSM it stated that police said the family would be making a statement.. ?? I wondered if police were encouraging the family to put their fears and privacy issues aside to go ahead and take the opportunity to make a public plea, but nothing ended up coming of it. Although I don't personally believe that parents making a public plea helps much in bringing a child home, I think it might be a somewhat valuable opportunity for police to perhaps see who showed up to the news conference, watch everyone while they're there, etc., perhaps obtain some leads, on top of expanding awareness of a missing child.

I've just remembered something re people (including myself) questioning the absolute silence of Noah's parents.

They were scheduled to give an interview, then it was delayed ..... and never actually happened. I wonder if that is significant?

i wonder about the sleeping timeline....

first - i would imagine waking up 3+ hours later was a shock...and sent her in to panic mode quickly. especially after not finding Noah right away and knowing how much time had passed.

second - what baby sleeps for 3 hours that close to a normal wake-up time without needing anything?

third - i thought early on they said she went to nap, woke up at one point, saw noah was ok (playing/watching tv) and went back to sleep. making the three hours a lot less time.

Whoever placed Noah in the septic tank is evil.....that is a horrible place to depose of a child and it could have been the perfect hiding place except for that "credible and hard tip'...thank God for the tip.

I agree with the speculation that an "accident" occurred at home and there was a "freak out" moment that initially led to a huge story. Maybe that is why the sheriff is trying so hard to protect the parents, maybe he sees that this was not intentional and they were just scared. (Just a theory)

People don't make accidents look like murder - Jeff Ashton

If there was truly an "accident" in the home, I highly doubt the parents (even if freaking out) would toss his body into a container of feces and etc. IMO, where Noah was found does not indicate an accident unless he accidentally fell in.

People don't make accidents look like murder - Jeff Ashton

If there was truly an "accident" in the home, I highly doubt the parents (even if freaking out) would toss his body into a container of feces and etc. IMO, where Noah was found does not indicate an accident unless he accidentally fell in.

I don't know. How far would one go for self-preservation? Small amount of time to hide/dispose of a body and you can't risk leaving the home as your timeline won't work. Not many places apart from a loft or cellar, both of which would be easy to search - so what is left?

I do agree with you, it is the most disgusting place to put anyone, let alone an innocent child but who knows what goes through people's heads when they are panicking or scared that they might lose everything for a moment of madness? I mean that in general, not necessarily this case.

I think we won't hear anything more until after little Noah is laid to rest. The community needs to grieve for this little boy, but they also need some answers, and if answers aren't forthcoming after Wednesday, I'm worried this community will tear itself apart with rumors and accusations (our modern-day torches and pitchforks).

Even though I have a scenario in my mind of what may have played out, I will refrain from speculating anymore until after Wednesday. After that time, LE owes it to the community, if for no other reason to restore peace and calm, to give the public some answers. If, after a week or so, there is still no information released or arrests made, LE should be prepared to protect the three remaining members of Noah's family.

:(

I don't know what to think now!

The sheriff has backed the parents every chance he got in the past. Told people to ignore internet rumours and spoke about how co operative the family has been. He didn't mention them at all this time. That speaks volumes to me.

Also, If this was an accident where's the warning to other residents to check their septic tank covers and make sure they are safe.

BBM - this is an excellent point. I was on the phone with my son yesterday asking about his septic tank lid. He said he has trouble moving it and then said it was plastic but with some concrete (I tried to remain calm while talking to him). I asked how often he checked it and then as bad as I hated to relay this unbearable tragedy to him, I did because my son has a six year old. Point being, I agree with your post and LE has a duty to warn others of possible problems IF there are problems with these covers. IMO

Had the septic lid area already been released by Friday morning?
Suri Crowe @KSuri · Mar 27 I walked the property today before being asked to leave. I looked in area where septic is: Did not see a plastic lid. But a big sod patch.

https://twitter.com/KSuri/status/581568311839850496

They found Noah on the 26th. We don't know if she even looked in the exact spot where he went into the septic tank. BBM

Wonder what the baby was doing whilst Mum slept. If she had breakfast before taking Dad to work, then came home and took a nap whilst her brother played, didn't she get hungry or fussy before 10.30? I could often get one of my littles to return to bed for an hour, but 3...... unlikely.

I remember when Summer was found and I was repulsed by what seemed to be the ultimate, final insult from her estranged husband and in laws, a disgusting F### U. Such a sickening act of disrespect for the mother of their children and grandchildren. I think that's what's so difficult for everyone to come to terms with in Noah's case. We've been reading for years of countless cases where an innocent child was killed by one of their parents and disposed of in various ways, but this is beyond what we can comprehend. Noah appears to have been loved by his parents. He looks well fed in clean clothes, he has plenty of toys to play with. If this proves to not be an accident, I can only think that whoever placed him in the septic tank had to be under the influence of some kind of drug. I'm not making accusations against the parents, I'm just trying to make sense of the denial within me :(

When I say accident my gut feeling is that his death was not a household mishap but probably the direct result of some action or something that went too far. I know they are waiting on tox tests so he could have found a stash while mom slept perhaps. Im not saying the parents are users but its possible given the tests they are waiting on. I was not at all comparing this to Casey Anthony. To this day we dont even know what really happened. I do understand LE being very careful as this will be a high profile case and they want no mistakes but a lot of what they are saying is feeding the rumor mill. At this point all we can do is wait for results and hope the case is priority at the lab and they come quickly

What I find fascinating is in all the years I have been here at WS I never heard of the theory that the child was killed accidentally and then the parent or parents hid the body. That seem to become a theory after the Anthony case.

Yet, when I searched during the Anthony case for any other case where it had ever happened before I found NONE. Not one case could I find showing where another parent accidentally killed their child and the child wound up discarded in a swamp or some other area. And I firmly don't believe it happened in Caylee's case either. And to this day I have never found another case showing any parent did what CA supposedly did while claiming Caylee's death was an accident. I don't expect to ever find one either because it was a lie. It was created out of thin air by defense lawyers who didn't mind telling lies to the jury they wanted to mislead.

And if a parent kills a child then it is not classified as accident. If they drugged him or if they hit him.....that is no accidental death. That is a homicide..........plain and simple.

All the parents I have seen who were responsible in their child's death immediately called 911 and fake it... saying the child had had an 'accident.' It is only when the child gets to the hospital it is shown that it was no accident at all but the child died or was seriously injured due to abuse.

I don't have any evidence that these parents ever abused Noah much less harmed him seriously enough to cause his death.

Imo they would investigate this as a criminal case until they know otherwise.

What none of us know.... because the Sheriff refuses to discuss it.... is how the lid was found when they first saw it.

And now after reading about Loic Rogers case this morning even if the lid was upright covering the septic tank it still could be a very tragic accident. That is two cases I have now read where if a child stands on the lid it will pivot like a trap door with them falling in and the lid flips back into its original place.

In the Rogers case LE didn't search the septic tank at first either because the lid was in its normal position.

But yet LE came to the determination through their own experiments that Loic's tragic death was an accident. And in the other case where a little girl fell in the septic tank that lid also rectified itself once swallowing her up. The only reason she was saved is someone saw the lid flip up and go back down.

So I am not ready to say anyone harmed Noah on purpose. I will do as the Sheriff has asked and wait for the evidence to come from his department.

I do hope they do their own experiments though just like they did in Loic's case if Noah's COD was due to drowning.

Wonder what the baby was doing whilst Mum slept. If she had breakfast before taking Dad to work, then came home and took a nap whilst her brother played, didn't she get hungry or fussy before 10.30? I could often get one of my littles to return to bed for an hour, but 3...... unlikely.

Eh, babies are unpredictable. Depending on the age of the baby, she might might have her days and nights mixed up and sleep a lot during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor