GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been told whatever mom told LE.....or, at least what parts LE decided to release. If the ME didn't find evidence that Noah died by drowning, there is definitely a problem. Mom claims she was sleeping, so....I guess it's just a mystery but the sheriff says not to worry.

Thanks everyone for your response about the dogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been told whatever mom told LE.....or, at least what parts LE decided to release. If the ME didn't find evidence that Noah died by drowning, there is definitely a problem. Mom claims she was sleeping, so....I guess it's just a mystery but the sheriff says not to worry.
We have only been told small bits and pieces so we can't make a full case from them. The Sheriff has been supportive of the parents in each of his statements to my knowledge. He doesn't feel any other children are in danger probably because he knows in his gut the end result, but is only waiting on the test results out of an abundance of caution after missing Noah in the tank for 5 days, imo. He knows he has to get it right for Noah, for his parents, and for the community.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/virginia/2015/03/26/police-activity-noah-thomas-house/70494442/

Pulaski County Sheriff's Office authorities say the investigation into the discovery of the body of a missing five-year-old boy in a septic tank will be "moving forward the focus will be on facts and physical evidence and will not be driven by speculation or rumors."

Well, guess they told us! LOL! Do I get the impression that the sheriff's office has no use for people who discuss their cases? I have heard that a lot of LE read and use social media to gather information. Here, not so much, I guess.

Reading this thread with those for and against mums sleeping whilst young children are up and about in the house ........

It's crazy but I'm unable to sleep here in the UK, because my 19 year old hasn't come home yet. I always stay awake till he gets back, even though he thinks its mad but I can't relax till I know all my boys are safely home. This time its 4am, and even though he is 19, has a part time job and is at college, I still worry. I didn't realise he'd gone out on his motorbike till about an hour ago, I thought he was in a friends car, but he's on holiday this week so I guess he doesn't have to worry about the time.

It just made me think about the whole situation again.

Here I am unable to sleep till I know my adult son is safely home - and I'm wondering, even more now, how anyone can happily go to sleep, knowing a 5 year old will be unattended for some hours.

:seeya: New thread coming. This one will close in about 15 minutes.

The case of Jassiah Clark is far different. His mother is drug user who was getting high when he disappeared, scoring drugs. She let him play OUTSIDE unsupervised for hours, on not only the day he died but all the time. She also lied to police.

Drug usage typically is at play in negligent homicide charges. Lying to police and a pattern of inattentiveness also plays a part.

As to running a red light and killing someone being "negligent homicide", it depends. Most involuntary manslaughter/negligent homicide cases involving running a red light UNINTENTIONALLY, also involve illegal distractions such as talking on the phone or texting, or something else illegal, such as speeding.

And being at the wheel of a 4,000 pound vehicle, and doing something that is illegal, like texting or speeding, causing you to break another law and ultimately causing the death of an innocent, is simply different than an exhausted mother taking a nap in her home with her kids, one of whom is awake and watching tv, unless there is something else at play, such as the child has autism, is known to get into trouble, the mom is passed out, high, etc.

It just is. It's different. 4,000 pound vehicles will absolutely, certainly cause injury or damage if they hit something or someone. It is not certain that a 5 year old child left awake while mom naps in the same home will become injured.

The law is pretty clear. I cited it. Please cite to evidence that what I cited is bad law.

And more often than not the law is, in fact, clear isn't it. And when the judge gives his instruction saying " The law is very clear in this case..." I then have to wonder how the heck we complicated it for so many hours, LOL

IMO

Continue at Thread #4

DO NOT bring over the rumors and the parent bashing.

This thread will be locked in 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Reading this thread with those for and against mums sleeping whilst young children are up and about in the house ........

It's crazy but I'm unable to sleep here in the UK, because my 19 year old hasn't come home yet. I always stay awake till he gets back, even though he thinks its mad but I can't relax till I know all my boys are safely home. This time its 4am, and even though he is 19, has a part time job and is at college, I still worry. I didn't realise he'd gone out on his motorbike till about an hour ago, I thought he was in a friends car, but he's on holiday this week so I guess he doesn't have to worry about the time.

It just made me think about the whole situation again.

Here I am unable to sleep till I know my adult son is safely home - and I'm wondering, even more now, how anyone can happily go to sleep, knowing a 5 year old will be unattended for some hours.

I agree and feel for you Yid...all the way up to the last paragraph. We don't know if she "happily" went to sleep or what really happened that morning.

I hope your son makes it back in one piece tonight. I am not looking forward to that situation in my house within in the next decade. My kids are still of the age where I know where they are at 4:00am in the morning.

(Well, at least I assume to know but I'm usually asleep with absolutely no knowledge of where they are or what they might be up to :smile:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member