GUILTY VA - Quincy Davis, 14, last seen 2004, remains found in mother's car, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From August:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-body-in-trunk-20150824-story.html

Slaton is being held without bond at the Hampton Roads Regional Jail, in Portsmouth. After her initial bid for release was rejected in early June, she appealed to Circuit Court Judge Louis R. Lerner, who denied bond on July 28.

Slaton's lawyer, Hampton Chief Deputy Public Defender Richard Johnson, contended that Slaton "is not a flight risk."

"Ms. Slaton was gainfully employed and was living in Richmond as a productive member of society prior to the traffic stop," Johnson said. "She has connections in Hampton Roads and in Richmond."

Johnson also noted that concealing a dead body is a "Class 6 felony," or a lower-level felony. "The commonwealth has chosen not to charge anything else, and she should be treated as such," he said. Any further charges, he said, "is all just speculation right now."

From Sept 2:
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/09/hearing-delayed-woman-accused-hiding-sons-body-car

A preliminary hearing for the Richmond woman charged with concealing her son's body in the trunk of her car was postponed from Tuesday until later this year.

Tonya M. Slaton, 44, will appear Nov. 12 in Hampton General District Court.

I just came across this case after reading this long article, which has lots of info from people who knew Quincy in middle school and about his mom's background: http://www.pilotonline.com/news/loc...cle_bbceb646-c1f9-5c93-b7ea-3c406b2386f9.html

But it doesn't answer the question already posted here: Where was that body for almost 12 years?

This article makes me think that Tonya may have killed Quincy after years of abuse, and hid/preserved his body for years, all the while lying about where he has been. She would have been able to pull this off because she had pulled away from her entire family after a certain point, and never really had contact with her younger son. Perhaps there was someone willing to cover for her and keep the secret about Quincy's body, especially while she was incarcerated. Maybe her now-ex-husband? A family member? A boyfriend? Combination of all of those things?

Most of the teachers and students in this article say that there was no obvious evidence of Quincy being abused. I don't find that very convincing, especially considering the assault charge on his mother from when he was in first grade. Intelligent kids like Quincy tend to be very good at hiding what they don't want other people to see. Plus, considering that he was such a social butterfly, maybe he was happiest and most comfortable at school with his peers.

This is all just speculation and MOO, but I've seen this exact scenario play out way too many times before on WS.

RIP Quincy. It sounds like you were a fantastic kid with so much potential. I hope we find out what happened to you.

http://wtkr.com/2016/02/16/woman-found-with-sons-remains-in-trunk-charged-with-2nd-degree-murder/

A Richmond woman has been charged with second degree murder in relation to the death of her son.

Back in June 2015, Virginia State Police say the medical examiner identified the remains found in Tonya Slaton’s car as those of her son, Quincy Davis.

Slaton was indicted by a grand jury on February 1 and arrested on February 5. She is due in court on February 25.

Slaton was charged with concealment of a dead body in relation to the death of her son, but those charges were dropped Tuesday.

Police say no one had seen Quincy Davis since about 2004.

According to Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Quincy enrolled at Virginia Beach Middle School in September of 2001 and withdrew two years later. Police say he was last seen when he was in the seventh grade

I just came across this case after reading this long article, which has lots of info from people who knew Quincy in middle school and about his mom's background: http://www.pilotonline.com/news/loc...cle_bbceb646-c1f9-5c93-b7ea-3c406b2386f9.html

But it doesn't answer the question already posted here: Where was that body for almost 12 years?

That's what I want to know! Are we to assume the body had been in the car the entire decade? Or was it someplace else and she was moving it? What the hay?????????????????

This is so horrible! Poor guy. I wonder how many children are killed like this, and nobody knows?

Like all of you, I want to know where his body has been for so long. And I also want to know what evidence they have to charge her with murder.

RIP Quincy. :(

shocking and bizarre.

This takes my breath away.

Does anyone have any further information on this?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I am still confused on this. Was he killed all those years ago? Or more recently?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back