GUILTY VA - Quincy Davis, 14, last seen 2004, remains found in mother's car, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks. It's such a sad, mysterious case, so many unanswered questions.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Mother pleads guilty to killing son, who had vanished for 11 years before his body was found in the trunk of her car

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/article_2c48cb58-8eed-5769-90e5-0a9baa05b008.html

On Friday, the case came to a close: Slaton pleaded guilty to killing her son more than a decade ago, when Quincy was no more than 15 .

The medical examiner did not give a specific cause of death but did say it was “unnatural,” prosecutors said. Quincy had a broken vertebra in his neck that had not yet healed, they said. His body showed signs of multiple injuries in various stages of healing, including fractured ribs and lesions to his collarbone, prosecutors said.

Slaton, 46, had been scheduled to go to trial next week on a second-degree murder charge. But under an agreement in Hampton Circuit Court, she pleaded guilty Friday to a lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter.

The judge then sentenced her to 10 years in prison – the maximum punishment for that conviction – with two years suspended.

Slaton told different people different stories about her son over the years, they said.

She told some co-workers he was attending Princess Anne High School and later that he was in the military. She told others he died in a car accident – in Virginia, Maryland or Georgia. In one story, she said he was killed by a drunken driver.

It’s unclear where, exactly, Quincy’s body was kept all those years, although prosecutors said his body showed signs of exposure to hot and cold temperatures.

Quincy Davis' body was found about three years ago during a traffic stop and has been held ever since at the medical examiner's office as evidence in his mother's case. The Virginian-Pilot reports that Quincy can get a proper burial now that his mother, Tonya Slaton, has been sentenced to eight years in prison for his death.

The Hampton Victim Services Unit will hold its first memorial next Thursday for Quincy, who will then be buried at Greenlawn Cemetery. Quincy's uncle, Rodney Martin, and several other relatives will attend.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/05/teen-found-in-car-11-years-after-vanished-to-get-memorial.html

April 2018:

After more than a decade, loved ones bury boy found in his mother's trunk years after he vanished

On Thursday – more than a decade after he died in secret – relatives and community members gathered to remember and bury Quincy, whose remains were found in the trunk of his mother’s car in 2015 by a state trooper.

He’s believed to have died when he was no more than 15 years old, although his death went undiscovered for 10 or 11 years. Earlier this year, his mother pleaded guilty in his death and was sentenced to serve eight years in prison.

On Thursday morning, before his burial, nearly 60 people filled the pews at O.H. Smith and Son Funeral Home for a memorial service. Among them: former teachers, a pair of state troopers and many strangers who never knew Quincy in life but wanted to honor him in his death.

Memorial service held for boy found dead in his mother's trunk in 2015

Quincy’s uncle, Rodney Martin, 49, of Pinehurst, N.C. — one of three of Quincy’s relatives in attendance — talked of how his nephew as a 4-year-old was lively, happy and energetic.

“He was destined for good things,” he said. “Just one word, he could turn a bad day to a shiny day” with his laugh and smile.

It was nice to see so many people come out Thursday, Martin said after the service. “It’s sad that it’s come to this, but at the same time, he’s finally getting laid to rest. … Just to see so many people come out and support a stranger and the family like they have, it’s so admirable.”

One detail I haven't seen mentioned here in discussion (unless I missed it) was that when his body was found he was only wearing a t-shirt, socks, and an adult diaper.

Was she holding him hostage in the trunk or closet after withdrawing him from school? Maybe because she severely injured him in a fit of rage and she didn't get him medical attention, and if he continued to go to school she would be discovered? Especially if no one had seen him since he was 12 and he is believed to have died at 14. Why would he be wearing an adult diaper?

Mother pleads guilty to killing son, who had vanished for 11 years before his body was found in the trunk of her car

One detail I haven't seen mentioned here in discussion (unless I missed it) was that when his body was found he was only wearing a t-shirt, socks, and an adult diaper.

Was she holding him hostage in the trunk or closet after withdrawing him from school? Maybe because she severely injured him in a fit of rage and she didn't get him medical attention, and if he continued to go to school she would be discovered? Especially if no one had seen him since he was 12 and he is believed to have died at 14. Why would he be wearing an adult diaper?

And she only got 8 years???

I personally wish that they would have only accepted a plea deal if she admitted what she had done to him. This poor boy was likely abused for years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back