VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Found in La Plata?? I mean, there's not too much in La Plata. This is really wierd.

La plata is kinda like a mini hub isnt it? first place you come to from virginia from 301 , they should have images of the car coming over that bridge over the potomac. Then you can shift your direction of travel quick or circle back to virginia via DC to springfeild on up into Cvill.

Or drive to new york.

Any new information on this one? I can't find anything. Thanks!

I really appreciate everyone continuing with Robert's case...I've been really tied up with some serious family stuff. I'd love to see justice for him.

Well that's odd. It's rare to hear a wife say "her husband is dead and has probably been murdered".

Dumping of the car does not necessarily equate murder. What if he ran off to be with someone else? Wouldn't she want to know?

Even his mother is talking about him in the past tense: “He was a good boy.”

So the wife is convinced she knows nothing of any drug dealing and is certain he would never have cheated on her. BUT, she's okay to say he's dead and has been murdered?

It still bothers me that he told his wife he was going to work, yet he was never scheduled to work that day. Something was going on with him -- what was it??

My goodness! I'd want to know the truth, no matter how long that road may be.

MOO

Mel

Did we ever hear anything more about surveillance in the Target parking lot? Target parking lots are fully scoped. Gotta think LE has video of him getting out of that car, or someone else getting out. Wish we knew one way or the other if the videos exist and what they reflect....

This had to be planned. That's the only thing that makes sense in this case. He simply just wanted to disappear, imo. But I could be wrong.

I'm waiting on the Target surveillance footage to see what it shows.

My guess is that they might have results of the surveillance already, and they are trying to identify other people in the video. Hopefully there will be answers soon.

Very interesting case.Why would the wife's friend call the wife and tell her she saw Rob driving down the road?Why did the wife call him immediatley after her friend's call-LE needs to check phone records at HOME and see if she made any phone calls before/after calling husband! Why did he not answer her phone call?He then goes and gets breakfast and is not seen or heard from again.Could someone have waiting for him and jumped in the back seat while he was in getting breakfast and the perp then told him to drive to a certain spot and killed him and took the car and ditched it at Target?Did the wife and friends know his routine?This does not sound like a man who would leave his 6yr old and not take his very important meds with him!This sounds like a set up to me!I am very interested in knowing what LE finds on that Target tape!!I will check back daily to see..Thanks everyone!!

Very interesting case.Why would the wife's friend call the wife and tell her she saw Rob driving down the road?Why did the wife call him immediatley after her friend's call-LE needs to check phone records at HOME and see if she made any phone calls before/after calling husband! Why did he not answer her phone call?He then goes and gets breakfast and is not seen or heard from again.Could someone have waiting for him and jumped in the back seat while he was in getting breakfast and the perp then told him to drive to a certain spot and killed him and took the car and ditched it at Target?Did the wife and friends know his routine?This does not sound like a man who would leave his 6yr old and not take his very important meds with him!This sounds like a set up to me!I am very interested in knowing what LE finds on that Target tape!!I will check back daily to see..Thanks everyone!!

Not accusing anyone here (wife, friend, mom, etc), but it would be rather easy to just say "my husband is probably dead" to keep folks from dwelling on it. Never in a lifetime would I give up that easy -- especially if he was the loving husband/doting father he's been described to be. Now if the wife has one of those memorial thingys my hinky meter will probably blow off the roof.

When you mention that it sounds like a set up - I have to agree. I hope I'm wrong.

MOO

Mel

I don't think I have ever heard a close family member say that they think the person is probably dead, at least not for years after they have been missing...

I don't think I have ever heard a close family member say that they think the person is probably dead, at least not for years after they have been missing...

IDK-But if he has a heart condition and needed his meds daily-I would start to get worried after 1 day!

He lied to his wife about going to work.

This was not a random kidnapping/murder.

He either ran away from his life intentionally, or got involved with some bad charachters that did something to him.

I suspect the wife had her own suspicions about cheating and/or drug use. Suspicions that her friend knew about. And that's is why the friend called Roberts wife immediatly when she saw him.

He lied to his wife about going to work.

This was not a random kidnapping/murder.

He either ran away from his life intentionally, or got involved with some bad charachters that did something to him.

I suspect the wife had her own suspicions about cheating and/or drug use. Suspicions that her friend knew about. And that's is why the friend called Roberts wife immediatly when she saw him.

Do you think she's just majorly p.o'd? Maybe in her heart of hearts she has her doubts about him leaving and starting a new life. And instead of dealing with that, it's easier just to say he's been murdered and dead.

I don't think I've ever heard a plea for help, or a website - anything like that from the family. I know there's a FB page, but I was blocked after questioning her about the work thang. She did NOT like that.

MOO

Mel

IDK-But if he has a heart condition and needed his meds daily-I would start to get worried after 1 day!

True, but why would you say he was murdered?
I would be afraid he was dead in a dtich maybe, something like that...but murder probably wouldn't have occurred to me. And then I would rationalize and say someone stole his car and left it at Target...JMO

Well that's odd. It's rare to hear a wife say "her husband is dead and has probably been murdered".

Dumping of the car does not necessarily equate murder. What if he ran off to be with someone else? Wouldn't she want to know?

Even his mother is talking about him in the past tense: “He was a good boy.”

So the wife is convinced she knows nothing of any drug dealing and is certain he would never have cheated on her. BUT, she's okay to say he's dead and has been murdered?

It still bothers me that he told his wife he was going to work, yet he was never scheduled to work that day. Something was going on with him -- what was it??

My goodness! I'd want to know the truth, no matter how long that road may be.

MOO

Mel

That bothers me a WHOLE LOT TOO......speaking of him in the"past tense" on FB, (that was early on wasn't it??)
Now, we cannot see the Wall on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=107530259330486#!/profile.php?id=100001701434980

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back