VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The car seat should hopefully tell if someone of another height drove the car last...

picture of car here:

His car (pictured) was found abandoned on May 28 in the parking lot of the Target at the intersections of Route 301 and Hawthorne Road in La Plata. It is a 2004 Chevy with Virginia personalized license plates of "TARA MAE."

http://wusa9.com/news/article/153461/373/Md-Va-Authorities-Looking-For-Missing-Man

WTH was it doing in a Target parking lot? My guess is someone picked him up from there. But why Target? Everyone knows how many cameras are there? Let's hope there's some footage.

Now I'm interested in this case again!

MOO

Mel

The car pictured on post 168's link is very dirty. Maybe it has been in the lot since April 8.

I noticed how dirty it was too...like it had been sitting there for quite some time.

Look again at the pic of the car. It looks to me like the "dirty" part is front/sides but NOT the center part of the hood? Could the "dirt" we're seeing be fingerprint dust residue after it's been processed??? Maybe I'm nuts??

Why would the center of the hood be cleaner than the rest, almost like it had been wiped?

Look again at the pic of the car. It looks to me like the "dirty" part is front/sides but NOT the center part of the hood? Could the "dirt" we're seeing be fingerprint dust residue after it's been processed??? Maybe I'm nuts??

Why would the center of the hood be cleaner than the rest, almost like it had been wiped?

I do believe the dust on the front part of the car is from fingerprint (dust) -- not sure why the other part would be clean -- maybe Le hadn't finished yet. There's so many odd things about this case, I wouldn't know what to think.

Mel

Interesting. In this photo it appears the rest of the car is pretty clean. My guess is LE dusted the front to determine if anyone opened the hood in case the car was inoperable.

hourihan+car+2.jpg

Mel

picture of car here:

His car (pictured) was found abandoned on May 28 in the parking lot of the Target at the intersections of Route 301 and Hawthorne Road in La Plata. It is a 2004 Chevy with Virginia personalized license plates of "TARA MAE."

http://wusa9.com/news/article/153461/373/Md-Va-Authorities-Looking-For-Missing-Man

WTH was it doing in a Target parking lot? My guess is someone picked him up from there. But why Target? Everyone knows how many cameras are there? Let's hope there's some footage.

Now I'm interested in this case again!

MOO

Mel

Above bolded by me - I think everyone at Websleuths knows that - but maybe not the unwashed masses out there in the 'real' world. :)

Yep, Target has full parking lot surveillance (I know first-hand from a recent altercation involving 2 of my family members in a Target parking lot). Grainy video in that case, but good enough to capture the full incident. Since Robert was an unusually big man, shouldn't be any trouble identifying him getting out of the car, if that's what happened. So curious to learn whether someone picked him up right there, if he was alone when he got there, if he shopped there and is caught on the surveillance tapes inside the store (what did he buy?)... Glad there's some movement in this weird case. It will really shock me if he isn't the one who parked the car there. I think if someone stole the car or abducted him, they would have gotten rid of that telling vanity plate immediately...

I hope Target keeps their tapes for longer than 30 days. I really want to know what the heck happened to Mr. Hourihan...

I kinda thought they would find Tamra's car in good shape.

It was just a feeling.

Above bolded by me - I think everyone at Websleuths knows that - but maybe not the unwashed masses out there in the 'real' world. :)

Yup - you're prolly right -- we all (IMHO) have a different mindset. Then again, after the ICA case, I learned there are even dummy cameras (ala Amscot). So who knows what's real :)

Hugs,

Mel

Yep, Target has full parking lot surveillance (I know first-hand from a recent altercation involving 2 of my family members in a Target parking lot). Grainy video in that case, but good enough to capture the full incident. Since Robert was an unusually big man, shouldn't be any trouble identifying him getting out of the car, if that's what happened. So curious to learn whether someone picked him up right there, if he was alone when he got there, if he shopped there and is caught on the surveillance tapes inside the store (what did he buy?)... Glad there's some movement in this weird case. It will really shock me if he isn't the one who parked the car there. I think if someone stole the car or abducted him, they would have gotten rid of that telling vanity plate immediately...

I hope Target keeps their tapes for longer than 30 days. I really want to know what the heck happened to Mr. Hourihan...

Not to get too terribly OT, but what's with Target. After watching loads of Target videos in the Anthony case, and now Robert's car was found there. Had it been found at an Amscot I think I would have gone completely loopy.

I think I'm gonna stay away from Target - it's giving me the jeebies.

MOO

:rocker:

Mel

Not to get too terribly OT, but what's with Target. After watching loads of Target videos in the Anthony case, and now Robert's car was found there. Had it been found at an Amscot I think I would have gone completely loopy.

I think I'm gonna stay away from Target - it's giving me the jeebies.

MOO

:rocker:

Mel

Target's video also helped solve the Kelsey Smith murder case...her perp followed her right out of the store, right to her car, all on video, they showed it on TV and he was identified...they had pretty clear video in that case.

Found in La Plata?? I mean, there's not too much in La Plata. This is really wierd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back