VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't find anything more recent than FIVE DAYS ago in the news! Amazing!

But here's an excerpt from a statement made by the wife (note bolded):

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/news/...arks-3-weeks-missing-husband-fath-ar-1004219/

“I wouldn’t wish this on anybody,” Hourihan said. “Having to watch my daughter is enough to rip my heart right out of my chest. She loves her Daddy so much and no one will ever be able to fill that void.”

Say what?

When you are FRANTIC because your husband is missing, I'm pretty sure you're not thinking about a picture this big or this far in the future. He's coming home, RIGHT?

I can't find anything more recent than FIVE DAYS ago in the news! Amazing!

But here's an excerpt from a statement made by the wife (note bolded):

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/news/...arks-3-weeks-missing-husband-fath-ar-1004219/

Say what?

When you are FRANTIC because your husband is missing, I'm pretty sure you're not thinking about a picture this big or this far in the future. He's coming home, RIGHT?

Well He!! to the no, unless you already have someone in mind. The Chris Coleman case is coming to mind, cept there's no body...yet. Wanna place a bet he's in New York with his bestie?

All MOO of course.

Mel

Have they done a fly over the area looking for the car? Just in case there was an accident. I would be walking the highways in tears looking for my husband. In the daytime and at night in case something would reflect with a flashlight that didnt during the day.

I mean no way would I resign myself to the fact someone harmed him and someone needs to come forward when he could have just wrecked his car , or parked and went fishing and fainted and is in a hospital somewhere as Joe doe.

Have they done a fly over the area looking for the car? Just in case there was an accident. I would be walking the highways in tears looking for my husband. In the daytime and at night in case something would reflect with a flashlight that didnt during the day.

I mean no way would I resign myself to the fact someone harmed him and someone needs to come forward when he could have just wrecked his car , or parked and went fishing and fainted and is in a hospital somewhere as Joe doe.

Soulmate,

AFIK she has done nothing more than BJD. Put a few flyers here and there, done a LOT of praying, and has done one media spot. Other than that, I have seen very little activity in this case. IMHO he is not even in the area.

MOO

Mel

Either he's dead and she knows it, or he ran off (or was pushed away) and she wants everyone to think he's dead, imo. LE still hasn't released any major details about the standard missing person investigation. We don't know if he was alone when witnesses saw him, we don't know if he had a lot of cash on him or has since attempted to access accounts, we don't what his cell phone records indicate, we don't know what those close to him say about his relationship and outlook on things.

We only know what was originally reported by LE over 3 weeks ago and his wife's changing account that he went to work (later she said he didn't), her account of how committed he was to her and their daughter and would never choose to leave them (later she said she didn't contact LE at first because he might have left them for the weekend), and how the wife knows he's dead because otherwise he would have reached out to her on the anniversary of their first date.

Now she's talking about how no one could take his place with their daughter. Something ain't right, imo. I think LE knows what's up here and they are keeping it low profile for now. If he's alive (and I think he is), his wife has made it virtually impossible for him to return without seeming like a total jackass, imo. It's clear that she is not expecting him back unless it's for his own funeral. All JMO...

Bumping for Rob....I apologize I haven't had time to reply to postings, but I will.

I hate that this occurred right now...trees went from very little foliage to full lush can't-see-anything.

This case is really frustrating. Really.

Throw us a bone, LE!

It's been VERY quiet on the Help Find Rob FB too. No updates whatsoever.

I can't find the FB page anymore. Can you point me in the right direction? I found it before. Also noticed that I cannot find Rob's FB anymore

Robert went missing one month ago tomorrow; no news and no sense of urgency in locating him, imo. Maybe it's clear to LE that he is not endangered and wants to be missing; not against the law. I can't think of any other reason why the public is not being updated and asked to keep an eye out for him.

Robert went missing one month ago tomorrow; no news and no sense of urgency in locating him, imo. Maybe it's clear to LE that he is not endangered and wants to be missing; not against the law. I can't think of any other reason why the public is not being updated and asked to keep an eye out for him.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Robert was entered into the NamUs database on 4/26/2011. If LE knew where he was located, I think he would have been removed? If there isn't an update from LE or a new press release from concerned family members (other than his wife), it will strengthen my opinion that there is strong evidence indicating Robert is a runaway family man who wishes not to be located...

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/10497

I sure hope Robert is alive and well somewhere. If he skipped out on his family for selfish reasons, shame on him. But, we really don't know what was going on in his life that prompted him to change his routine on the morning of 4/8 and possibly take a (permanent?) detour.

Hoping for the best...

His father was quoted in some articles at the beginning but we haven't heard from him since. Although if the media isn't doing any follow up or the LE sending out any press releases then how would we really know if he left on his own or not. The wife changed her FB picture to one without him.

I do hope he left because he wanted to and isn't the victim of a crime.

His father was quoted in some articles at the beginning but we haven't heard from him since. Although if the media isn't doing any follow up or the LE sending out any press releases then how would we really know if he left on his own or not. The wife changed her FB picture to one without him.

I do hope he left because he wanted to and isn't the victim of a crime.

Do you find it odd that no one in the family, including Tara, isn't coming out and pleading for his return. Not even his bestie has said anything.

GAHHHH so Tara changed her FB picture to one without him. That says a lot to me. He took off. If she thought he was dead, she would have a shrine to him.

So much hinky stuff is going on here, that my head is spinning. Maybe the cops found out he filled his script somewhere else, but they can't find him yet.

Very Very strange --

Mel

Do you find it odd that no one in the family, including Tara, isn't coming out and pleading for his return. Not even his bestie has said anything.

GAHHHH so Tara changed her FB picture to one without him. That says a lot to me. He took off. If she thought he was dead, she would have a shrine to him.

So much hinky stuff is going on here, that my head is spinning. Maybe the cops found out he filled his script somewhere else, but they can't find him yet.

Very Very strange --

Mel

BBM - I thought the same thing, M..... I think if I lost my husband, that is how I'd be thinking...

Very Very strange --

Mel

Absolutely! But I, like you Mel, had to distance myself from writing on this case. Things on the wife's FB, her words, actions all seem hinky. I don't know if he was written but her friends had set up a FB account for Rob. It was titled Tara Colley Hourihan's husband missing. Not his name but hers. Anyway I can't find that site anymore and she put her FB to private.

You are so right. No one close to him is speaking out so they must know what is really going on. I will email one of the reporters at the paper there and see if they know anything.

Several of his family members have their FB walls open - no one has said anything.

I hope he hasn't abandoned the little girl, and hope he's safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back