VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good thinking, but I would think the witnesses where he bought breakfast at 8:00 a.m. could confirm to LE what he was wearing.

SHE said what he was wearing. I haven't seen an LE report on exactly what he is wearing. Just because they're not disputing it publicly doesn't mean it's true. She could be on the up and up, but too often we see that isn't the case.

Good thinking, but I would think the witnesses where he bought breakfast at 8:00 a.m. could confirm to LE what he was wearing.

Right - the witness could describe what he was wearing (I hope). Question, does that route take you to any airport? I "heard" he had ties to the East Coast. Do you think he may have found some trouble along the way.

At the end of the day, I just want this guy found. None of this is making any sense to me.

MOO

Mel

SHE said what he was wearing. I haven't seen an LE report on exactly what he is wearing. Just because they're not disputing it publicly doesn't mean it's true. She could be on the up and up, but too often we see that isn't the case.

True. That's what I'm wondering. Has the house been checked, and have all uniforms been accounted for? Are uniforms routinely checked in for cleaning, or is that the employees job. When did he receive his uniform(s), and how many. Where are the others?

I know my DH works in a machine shop without uniforms, so I don' have a lot to compare to. Any information helps. In other words, does the wife saying "uniform" really means as such. My dh wears jeans and a t-shirt, which I consider his "uniform" KMIM?

Would sure to like more deets on this.

MOO

Mel

So RH goes to work on Friday morning, and never returns Friday night. And obviously hasn't called or answered his phone. Saturday morning comes, and still no call. The wife didn't see any red flag yet?

If RH had to work late getting a job done, wouldn't he call? Especially since he had her car, and she says she has to work on Saturday. If he couldn't get home, wouldn't he need to let her know he wasn't going to get her car back? (they may have another car, so maybe not that big of a deal) And still no call. No red flag YET?

Saturday goes by, and she is posting away on FB as if nothing is wrong. At 10:01 pm she posts a pic about the new bed she bought her cat.

Surely, by this time, he should have checked in. He had not. Was anybody worried? Doesn't sound like they were....

JMO

So RH goes to work on Friday morning, and never returns Friday night. And obviously hasn't called or answered his phone. Saturday morning comes, and still no call. The wife didn't see any red flag yet?

If RH had to work late getting a job done, wouldn't he call? Especially since he had her car, and she says she has to work on Saturday. If he couldn't get home, wouldn't he need to let her know he wasn't going to get her car back? (they may have another car, so maybe not that big of a deal) And still no call. No red flag YET?

Saturday goes by, and she is posting away on FB as if nothing is wrong. At 10:01 pm she posts a pic about the new bed she bought her cat.

Surely, by this time, he should have checked in. He had not. Was anybody worried? Doesn't sound like they were....

JMO

Do we know when he was reported missing? thanks.

Wow I just heard about this today. I dont expect VA to release to many details but reading though the thread I have noticed that it has not been mentioned that there is large regional womans prison in Fluvanna which could be important or not.
I have not mapped any locations yet nor do I know if it is possible that he could have came in contact with a freshly released inmate after breakfast.

http://www.vadoc.state.va.us/facilities/central/fluvanna/

But why was he "going to work" and was he set up by a co worker? Did he think he had to work ? Was he lying? Tons of questions.

I have questions about him being seen eating breakfast at his "usual" restaurant. Was it common for him to stop to eat breakfast there on work days? If so, what time was his usual stop? Was this usual time? Maybe it's just me, but 8:00 for breakfast (on a work day) seems late. What time did his work day start?

The facebook is all weird. I dont know if I am missing comments or something but ODD. I was not suspecting foul play at first but the facebook has me double taking my opinions.

It isnt what is said so much as what is implied as being said when it wasnt.

The facebook is all weird. I dont know if I am missing comments or something but ODD. I was not suspecting foul play at first but the facebook has me double taking my opinions.

It isnt what is said so much as what is implied as being said when it wasnt.

I just read through FB as well. A few things are dominant throughout TH's posts. She wrote about him in past tense three times. She keeps saying to pray for her. And she doesn't seem to ask for prayers for Rob's well being. She is very clear that A person knows what happened to him and that person needs to come forward so that she can have closure (paraphrasing her words).

It is concerning that she never heard from him on Friday at all and yet Saturday night posts all is well. That would be 36 hours without contact from him. I need to read through everything and find out when he was declared missing. Has anyone found that?

i can't comment on any FB discussions, but only that I "print screened" every one and they are going to detective Wells. WS has not, nor has ever been mentioned. I can only say that I have received what you would call death threats. Just in case I go missing folks.

MOO

Mel

i can't comment on any FB discussions, but only that I "print screened" every one and they are going to detective Wells. WS has not, nor has ever been mentioned. I can only say that I have received what you would call death threats. Just in case I go missing folks.

MOO

Mel

WHAT?? :mad: I am furious!

There is something very very strange going on here. I hope LE is taking notice of all this weirdness.

Is there anything I can do Mel? Huge hugs to you!

WHAT?? :mad: I am furious!

There is something very very strange going on here. I hope LE is taking notice of all this weirdness.

Is there anything I can do Mel? Huge hugs to you!

Nope - I've distanced myself from this mystery, but thank you. IMHO I believe we'll find out their marriage was not perfect, and you can only hide behind prayers for so long. Dayum, where are the trinkets?

MOO

Mel

Very strange behavior by all in this case, based on the wife's accounts.

It is very weird to me that the wife found out the husband wasn't really going into work almost as soon as he left the house. Huge coincidence that her friend would see her husband outside of his normal path to work that morning and think anything of it; IIRC thus calling the wife early in the morning to put her on alert. If I saw a friend's partner on the road in the morning, I'd wave and maybe mention it to my friend the next time I spoke with her. If I thought all was well with my friends, no flags would be going off. I would not be aware of his daily routine to the extent that I'd assume something was up if he was on a different road (I doubt I'd know the workplace location and the partner's normal time line anyway). Did the friend really see him? Was she asked to follow him by the wife because the wife knew something was awry or had some kind of plan?

The past tense references to Robert by the wife are disturbing. The relationship was greatly misrepresented from the start and much of this story has been withheld, imo.

I hope LE is investigating the financials, insurance, and electronic communications of this couple. I don't know what the heck is going on here, but, at this time, I'm concerned that Robert met with foul play by someone he knows or he is in danger. If this is some kind of scam that the couple planned together, I can't see how it would benefit Robert. Best case scenario is that he just pulled a runner, but just not feeling it...

Puzzled...

FWIW, (I don't have the time right now to go back for the last page and re-read/thank/comment), it isn't a big coincidence to see someone you know on main roads...they aren't big freeways. I usually see one or two people I know on the drive into or back from town (charlottesville).

FWIW, (I don't have the time right now to go back for the last page and re-read/thank/comment), it isn't a big coincidence to see someone you know on main roads...they aren't big freeways. I usually see one or two people I know on the drive into or back from town (charlottesville).

Right, but if I understand the vague time line correctly, this co-worker/friend informed the wife about this sighting right away and the wife then started calling Robert on his cell, with no answer. That's the coincidence that I was referring to. If she did see him on the road and that's not unusual, I think it's very coincidental that this particular day the friend/co-worker thought enough of it to alert the wife right away. It implies, to me, that the friend knew Robert's routine well enough to know that the time and location of her sighting of Robert was worth a call. Maybe it all happened just as they claim and I'm much less aware of the work details of my friends/co-worker's partners than most... Or, maybe, the friend and the wife were very close and normally talked in the morning when one was en-route to work and one was at home. Or, maybe the phone call from the friend/co-worker about seeing Bob didn't happen until later than the current reports make it appear... Lots of fuzziness still, 3 weeks later...

Wish there were more firm details and a clearer sequence of events. Especially interested in knowing exactly when Robert was reported missing.

Right, but if I understand the vague time line correctly, this co-worker/friend informed the wife about this sighting right away and the wife then started calling Robert on his cell, with no answer. That's the coincidence that I was referring to. If she did see him on the road and that's not unusual, I think it's very coincidental that this particular day the friend/co-worker thought enough of it to alert the wife right away. It implies, to me, that the friend knew Robert's routine well enough to know that the time and location of her sighting of Robert was worth a call. Maybe it all happened just as they claim and I'm much less aware of the work details of my friends/co-worker's partners than most... Or, maybe, the friend and the wife were very close and normally talked in the morning when one was en-route to work and one was at home. Or, maybe the phone call from the friend/co-worker about seeing Bob didn't happen until later than the current reports make it appear... Lots of fuzziness still, 3 weeks later...

Wish there were more firm details and a clearer sequence of events. Especially interested in knowing exactly when Robert was reported missing.

The thought that crossed my mind after the "why would a friend call her immediately" was...perhaps there was someone else in the car and the friend thought it was Tara from behind??? (You know, the "Hi!!! I'm behind you!!! Call) Or...realized it wasn't and wondered what was going on. Doubt she would have called if it were a male passenger....although, it could be her best friend or something who knew every routine. Hm.

You're right.. when you say it that way.... BBM Even if I knew a friend's routine, route, etc.. .I would never CALL right away to say "He's going a different way!". Who knows if he had errands to run, etc. before, or work plans changed? That's just too weird.

A reporter got back to me about when he was reported missing. This is what she wrote:
From my understanding, Tara reported him missing over that weekend after giving him time to come home (thinking he might be off with friends). I believe it was on Sunday because the sheriff's department sent out a press release on his disappearance on the following Monday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back