GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case, which is so close to where I live, has haunted me for years now, as it has so many of you. My life has changed from this, as did many other lives. I finally decided that, as a writer, it was time for me to begin writing this book (until now all of my books have been mystery/thrillers). As many of you know, new charges have been filed against the Gores, and I attended the pre-trial motion back in February for the upcoming murder trial. I don't know if they will plead again or let this one play out; it was difficult to get a good read on either of them in court.
If you would like to message me or add anything to my research please feel free. I hope to educate people on the foster system, child neglect, and what can be done to combat all of this. If I can reach just one person, who would then reach out to help a child in need, it will be worth it.
Thank you, Websleuth members, for being out there and letting everyone know what you see and find. Based on the extraordinary reactions around the world, this case has convinced me that there really is more good in the world than bad. We just have to know where to look.

This case, which is so close to where I live, has haunted me for years now, as it has so many of you. My life has changed from this, as did many other lives. I finally decided that, as a writer, it was time for me to begin writing this book (until now all of my books have been mystery/thrillers). As many of you know, new charges have been filed against the Gores, and I attended the pre-trial motion back in February for the upcoming murder trial. I don't know if they will plead again or let this one play out; it was difficult to get a good read on either of them in court.
If you would like to message me or add anything to my research please feel free. I hope to educate people on the foster system, child neglect, and what can be done to combat all of this. If I can reach just one person, who would then reach out to help a child in need, it will be worth it.
Thank you, Websleuth members, for being out there and letting everyone know what you see and find. Based on the extraordinary reactions around the world, this case has convinced me that there really is more good in the world than bad. We just have to know where to look.

Please keep us updated about your book.
I am personally shocked this case has taken this long as that is not customary is VA court cases . I think it is a good indicating clue of long term social service involvement and a not guilty plea . I am so glad they upped the charges on the baby found under the shed. I hope Sunny has made many leaps of development since she was discovered . Mostly I hope she learned how to enjoy a hug.

I will be anxiously awaiting the May trial to see if that baby boy gets a measure of justice. This case has always shocked me and I can't let it go. I always wonder how the little girl is doing. My heart goes out to her so much!

I was just reading this in Huffington Post, then I saw your link, you are correct it is graphic. I just cant understand this. How can these people be so awful.

I find it pretty much impossible to understand myself.
Why? If the two of them were ashamed to have a baby out of wedlock, they could have given baby up for adoption, leave baby in a safe place (save heaven laws) or get married.
Why do this to a defenseless baby?

Has the murder trial started? I'm not finding anything on msm

I am present for the trial, and went to the prison last week to meet with Brian Gore. I've posted a couple of things on my blog, including a brief update from today. I will post another update tomorrow and Wednesday. You can find it at: http://narielleliving.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I don't think either of these two looney-tunes are going anywhere anytime soon, thank God!

Yesterday’s trial continued with only two witnesses: Lt. Scott Little of the Gloucester Sheriff’s Department and Dr. Owsley of the Smithsonian Institute.

Lt. Little testified about forensic examination of digital pictures and answered a number of questions related to how to determine if a picture has been tampered with. He spoke about the date/time stamp that is attached to a picture and what it all means.

Dr. Owsley testified about the remains of the child found under the shed. His testimony was moving and at times difficult to watch. He displayed photos of the baby boy assumed to be Connor Scott, but the defense argued that it had not been established that these pictures were indeed baby Connor.

It was difficult to see the baby, a slight, dark haired infant being held by his mother, on the floor with the family dog, and dressed in a little onesie. We knew his fate, but seeing him in the box that was his final resting place was stomach-churning.

Learning that he spent most of his life on his back, and as a result had a flatness to his occipital bone, a deformity, kept me awake last night.

“The child shows extreme evidence of under nutrition…this is a very underweight child,” Dr. Owsley said.

I had to leave the trial to get my own children after school, as I didn’t have child care that day. I didn’t see any emotion from either Brian or Shannon, but the news report in the Daily Press this morning (http://www.dailypress.com/news/gloucester-county/dp-nws-mid-gores-trial-day-2-20150519-story.html) tells of Shannon breaking down and sobbing.

I did not see her cry. The most I saw her do was sit at the front table and read a book.

It infuriates me that just *anyone* can have a child. Then this happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was no court yesterday as the judge was sick. Not sure about today.

Judge tossed the murder charge this morning and is going forward with the felony neglect charge. So sad

http://www.dailypress.com/news/gloucester-county/dp-nws-mid-gores-trial-day-3-20150520-story.html

"The judge said in court that there was not enough evidence to find a connection between the child's death and the claim by the Commonwealth that the parents caused it by not properly feeding the baby.

He said it was speculation and photos shown in court of the child showed marked improvement in his weight and appearance in the last few weeks of his life."

Whaaat??

At 1:30 pm today the judge walked into the courtroom and said, "In response to the charges against the defendants, I find the defendants guilty." He did not give any other statements, and then proceeded to set a sentencing date for July 22.

Quote of the day: After he read the verdict, the judge then told defense counsel that their clients could stay in the local jails until sentencing. Shannon leaned in toward her lawyer and whispered in his ear. Her lawyer then stood and asked the judge to allow his client to return to Fluvanna Correctional Facility. "She is currently staying in a holding cell here, and my client finds that it is too small for her." At first I didn't think the judge was going to answer, but he finally said, "Well, it's for the convenience of counsel. As you wish."

GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) — A judge just handed down a guilty verdict for Brian and Shannon Gore in the death of their 7-month-old son.
Earlier in the day Friday, Judge William Hamblen struck down once again the homicide charges against the couple. He decided there was insufficient evidence in the case to warrant murder. So, instead they were found guilty of serious child abuse, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years. Their sentencing is in July.

http://wavy.com/2015/05/22/homicide...ouple-accused-of-neglect-death-of-infant-boy/

It's been a long time since I had last read this thread. So disappointed in the judge.

Dear Websleuth Members,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll start here. I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong section. As you know from my earlier post, I'm working on a book about this case. Because of that, I go up to the prison on Thursdays and interview Brian Gore. He has, so far, been willing to speak with me, but I have not yet gotten to the actual crime (I'm still filling in details from his past, like where he grew up and what his childhood was like). I usually see his father during these visits, as well.
Last Thursday Brian's father started talking about Brian's mother, Wilma. He asked me if I could locate her, and gave me some details about her. He seemed to be fairly angry with her, and wondered if she had done something to Brian when he was a child that caused him to become the person he is. I did not tell him I'd already done some preliminary searching, but I did tell him I'd see what I could do. When I spoke with Brian that day, he confirmed what his father had told me: the last time either Brian or his father John had heard from Wilma was in 2001, when she called a neighbor of John's and left a phone number to contact her. That number was disconnected when Brian tried to call (this was the year after he graduated high school).
I am a member of a couple of paid sites, including BeenVerified and Spokeo. From what I can determine, Wilma has moved around a lot and was last known to be living in Montana. I've left messages on Facebook with a number of people that she was listed as being associated with, but I have only heard back from 2 (both from Palmer Alaska, and one of them with the newspaper).
So far, I cannot seem to locate Wilma. There are no records for her that I can find that list her as living in any particular place. I cannot help but wonder at this point if she is missing on purpose, or if she met with a nefarious end.
Here's what I know:
Wilma Gore, last seen August, 2005
4 Lewis Ave, Apt 16, Billings, MT
Phone numbers listed are for businesses: O'Reilly's and Lake Louise Lodge (neither know or remember Wilma)
Does anyone have any ideas of where I could go from here? Any help or insights would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

It's been a long time since I had last read this thread. So disappointed in the judge.

There was no obvious cause of death. Which I presume what made the judge to rule like he did. He has to follow the law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back