GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure if this was asked, but whatever happened to the baby boy she had when she was arrested?

He is either still in foster care, or in a adoptive placement with either family or someone that wasn't known to him.

When (not if!) S & B are sentenced to 20 years to life in prison their parental rights to him will be terminated if they haven't been already.

This is SO screwed up.

If my daughter HIDES two children from me, because she isn't married then I believe I've seriously screwed up as a parent.

I am sure a dead baby and one damaged for life are MUCH better than people knowing about an out of wedlock birth!

What century are we living in again?! Please parents... let your kids know you will love them anyway!!
Maybe we can reduce the number of babies being abandoned, killed or tortured.
Seriously? Priorities anyone?! It's a BABY not a disease! :tears:

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/shannon-gores-mother-speaks-out

Karen added, "Where do you go to grieve? You don't have a baby that I can tell everyone about because you aren't married...I don't think she ever moved on emotionally, no."

On January 24, 2009, Brian and Shannon got married, and 18 months later Shannon got pregnant. The couple had difficulties conceiving. Karen said, "I don't know for sure, but it may have been from the stress and sadness of losing the first son."

This pregnancy was not kept secret because this time the Gores were married.

"She took the pregnancy test here at my home...it was positive...we were screaming, and jumping up and down for joy. We were ecstatic because we were having grandchildren."

Karen bought all things baby, even a pillow that said "#1 Mom."

On March 23, 2011, Shannon gave birth to a boy. It turns out the son was named after the first son that died. Karen didn't know this until after Shannon's arrest.

Brian and Shannon Gore also submitted an Alford plea on aggravated malicious wounding charges, which means they know the evidence would likely prove them guilty.
as suspected they knew there was no way they were going to get off.

and so a plea bargain was arranged.

The Gores will be return to the Gloucester courthouse on June 10 for sentencing. Their sentences will be consecutive and they will not have parole.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/jury-selection-slow-in-caged-child-case

I will be awaiting what their sentences are before I get too fired up and angry over the "days" business. I think the judge will make sure the sentence is appropriate. At least I sure hope so.

I think the "days" was a reporter error.
It just makes me angry because it drastically diminishes the crime.

I sure hope it was a reporting error. And I totally get the outrage over the apparent minimization.

I am just glad these freaks have plead guilty and will be sentenced soon. This case shook me to my core.

These cases always get to me. I WAS that unmarried teenager who got pregnant.
I live in Utah people! If you have a child out of wedlock here, you are basically a total outcast if you keep the baby.
We have had teenagers commit suicide because they got their girlfriend pregnant. Seriously. It's NOT okay here.

I knew all that and I didn't care what people thought. (And I don't have much self esteem either.)
I simply don't understand the ones that react like this or kill their child.

Why not just say:
"We went to Vegas and got married a few months ago. Just didn't want our parents spending the money on a wedding."

Is that really so difficult? Or maybe lying was something they would feel too guilty about... :waitasec:

I don't know MsF. I am not sure the out of wedlock thing was even a factor. That has been theorized but I don't know if that was actually the reason they hid these children and showered the third one with all the attention.

These people are sick. Plain and simple. I too was an unwed teen mother so I get where your heart goes because mine goes there too. But I think these people are animals and understanding what made them do this to their babies is just not going to work.

We are human.

IMO They are not.

:hug:

If they did this because they were scared to share with family the fact they had kids out of wedlock you would expect the families would be very religious or traditional.

But if I remember right he lived with her family before she was even grown, back when he was her boyfriend, her family allowed him to move in with them.

People who look askance at unwed pregnancy don't often let their daughters boyfriends move into their homes.

Happy! They will be serving the sentences consecutively as well. Did I see they won't be eligible for parole either? I thought I saw that. I closed the tab...

This contradicts everything else though:
Holly Smith said Brian Gore told investigators that the girl had been born in good health, but no one knew she existed. The Gores began leaving her alone a few days after she was born and eventually began leaving her alone for longer periods of time, including overnight,

Karen was saying everything was fine till the first boy died. If the bold part is true, that was BS.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Also, wasn't it their defense attorney pushing to have Sunny testify? Maybe that was just so Shannon could say she pleaded guilty just so Sunny wouldn't have to testify. To 'save face' if you will... oh well. Doesn't matter. Justice will still be served!

She had the head circumference of a 3-year-old child, indicating she had been malnourished for at least three and a half years, Zwisohn said.

"That's when her brain stopped," Zwisohn said.

-----------------------------

She also faces a host of physical, emotional and intellectual problems
as the result of her confinement and lack of nurturing, Zwisohn said.

------------------------------

The muscles around her core failed to develop, causing her physical problems.
She lacks social skills and has temper tantrums, is a compulsive eater and suffers from impaired cognitive ability,
Zwisohn said.

It's not likely she will be able to live and work independently, Zwisohn said.

"There is no way this child will now be what she should have been," she said.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

The body of a third child was found buried near the home. Brian Gore told investigators that the child, who was born in 2007, died in infancy after experiencing breathing trouble. He said he did not call 911 because he was afraid of officials discovering the girl kept in a cage.

snip

They were not charged for murder in connection with the child found in their yard because the body was so thoroughly decomposed that medical examiners could not determine a cause of death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...er-cage-trial_n_2837771.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Ron Smith, an attorney representing Shannon Gore, told Circuit Judge R. Bruce Long his client's decision was influenced by watching prospective jurors during voir dire questioning, in which defense attorneys probed jurors' abilities to set aside their emotions regarding the girl's treatment to make fair judgments.

"Just the nature of the charges, she feels the jury is going to be overwhelmed," Smith said.

Smith also said Shannon Gore wanted to avoid having her daughter testify at trial.

"She doesn't want her child to have to come here," Smith said

yeaaaah. Thats right, she pled out of concern for her daughter. NOT. She knew if that child had to come to court her goose would be even more cooked.

Stupid, disgusting woman.

The girl was so famished she would eat her own hair and flaking skin and whatever else she could come in contact with. When she was hospitalized after her discovery, a sign had to be put on the door of her room warning that the girl had to be watched to prevent her from eating her own hair and feces, "because that's what she was used to," Zwisohn said.

She also faces a host of physical, emotional and intellectual problems as the result of her confinement and lack of nurturing, Zwisohn said. Not only was she confined, but she lacked the energy to move.

"That's what caused her body to seize up in that position," Zwisohn said.

The muscles around her core failed to develop, causing her physical problems. She lacks social skills and has temper tantrums, is a compulsive eater and suffers from impaired cognitive ability, Zwisohn said.

It's not likely she will be able to live and work independently, Zwisohn said.

"There is no way this child will now be what she should have been," she said.

Holly Smith said Brian Gore told investigators that the girl had been born in good health, but no one knew she existed. The Gores began leaving her alone a few days after she was born and eventually began leaving her alone for longer periods of time, including overnight, while they went to NASCAR races and on other trips.

Brian Gore would give the girl something to eat before work but gradually even that diminished, said Holly Smith.

"He just wanted to forget," Holly Smith said. "They treated her like a pet."cooked.

I pray this little girl never knows another day of hurt, of neglect, of pain. What "sunny" endured at the hands of these pigs is just numbing. We see so much here. So very much. It takes a lot rattle me to the depth that a case like Christian Choate's and little "sunny" :(

I will never be able to forget. This is a good thing. We should not forget. But I do pray with all my heart that "Sunny", if she cannot forget, at least experiences much joy in her future life, to offset her beginning a bit.

The body of a third child was found buried near the home. Brian Gore told investigators that the child, who was born in 2007, died in infancy after experiencing breathing trouble. He said he did not call 911 because he was afraid of officials discovering the girl kept in a cage.

snip

They were not charged for murder in connection with the child found in their yard because the body was so thoroughly decomposed that medical examiners could not determine a cause of death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...er-cage-trial_n_2837771.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

I wonder if it was a little boy or a little girl? I wonder if this baby ever had a name? I wonder if it wasn't neglected too?

I hope the judge is paying attention to what is happening in this case. And I hope he gives them a lot of time. Because of them one child is dead, another will suffer lifelong disabilities. And the third will someday learn of his parents. Who knows how that will affect him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enteringnightshift
Back