GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has there been anything new on this? Praying that these children are adjusting and thriving!

If child had these conditions she would need more care, not less.
Children with down syndrome often have other abnormalities such as heart abnormalities.

As far as we know the only diagnosis of Downs or CP came from the braintrust that are her parents.

Given that these bright bulbs also thought it appropriate to bury their "beloved" son under the shed when he passed (through no fault of their own HEAVY SARCASM) I think we can write off the DS or CP for now as BS

What concerns me is that because Sunny was never taken to a doctor and apparently born at home (no birth certificate) if she has suffered some sort of serious permanent damage from her treatment by her parents (likely IMO) how will the prosecution establish for a jury that THEY are responsible and that she was not born with those problems.

THAT worries me a lot.

As far as we know the only diagnosis of Downs or CP came from the braintrust that are her parents.

Given that these bright bulbs also thought it appropriate to bury their "beloved" son under the shed when he passed (through no fault of their own HEAVY SARCASM) I think we can write off the DS or CP for now as BS

What concerns me is that because Sunny was never taken to a doctor and apparently born at home (no birth certificate) if she has suffered some sort of serious permanent damage from her treatment by her parents (likely IMO) how will the prosecution establish for a jury that THEY are responsible and that she was not born with those problems.

THAT worries me a lot.

Since Down syndrome is a chromosomal condition, it should be easy to establish if she had it or not.

my concern is not that Sunny has Downs or not because as you say, that would be clearly detectable.

I am worried about the prosecution proving any delays or issues she has are the result of their treatment of her rather than problems already existing from birth.

Call me negative nelly but I just do not have the same faith in a jury's ability to wade through evidence as I once did (pre Anthony trial)

To answer a question... even if she DID have DS, they could certainly still assess if she has permanent damage. (I have a daughter with DS.)
Even these genius parents could determine by looking at the child if it was likely the child had DS. But not CP.

I think doctors who see the kids in international orphanages, would be great to have on this case. The conditions are very similar. :twocents:

Those kids often do amazing things when they have a home, but they don't always get back the skills they lost.

One 10 year old girl was 10 pounds when she left her orphanage. Her bones were very weak, her teeth rotted.
She didn't know how to laugh or cry. She didn't know how to eat. She didn't know how to play.
She is still not really talking but looks like a healthy toddler now... instead of a half dead one.

Depending on how long Sunny was neglected... any of those things are possible with her.

Sunny was actually quite big by international orphanage standards. So I still have high hopes for her recovery. :seeya:

They are going to parade her around in front of the jurors like a side show.
:furious X2:

okay, I thought I was done, but I guess I had one more smart :butthead: thing to say.

Is Mr. Smith intending on trying to exhume Sunny's dead brother to have him testify as well or is he gonna take the ME's word that the child is dead?????

sorry but this case has been under my skin and this attorney is a pice of excrement in my humble opinion. Like attracts like I guess.

If she can testify that is a great sign... but how much does she really remember?
I thought she couldn't talk when they found her?
That's screwed up. I would HOPE the judge would do it over video, so Sunny does not have to see the monsters.

Commonwealth's Attorney Holly Smith has filed a motion requesting that the girl testify via closed-circuit television. Smith said the girl should not have to testify in open court in the presence of the defendants, the jury, the judge and public "due to a substantial inability to communicate about the offense and the concern that the child will suffer severe emotional trauma from so testifying," according to court documents.
http://touch.dailypress.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-74584631/

for some reason the touch link has different detail like this above.

Can't these "bio parents" just leave this poor girl alone. So what are they trying to prove? That she was sick at one point while in their care and now she is okay, so that means we should just let them go on with their lives?

This is horrible. This girl will have to relive those awful times that I am sure still haunt her. Sunny needs to recover fully without any back tracking, do they not understand that? JMO

No, they want a trial by judge because if a jury hears the horrible details they will go with a verdict of 'guilty!'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back