GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, lots of people abuse their children, sadly. Maybe not to this level, but still. Abuse has no "reasoning" to it. But not many people hide their children from conception until 6 years old. Not one, but TWO children completely hidden from the world! So that is what I keep trying to find a reason for, even though logic probably has nothing to do with it.

Maybe she didn't hide her pregnancies for religious reasons, or social acceptance reasons, or any of that. Maybe she had "pregnancy denial." See links below...

You hear of women who are in denial about ever being pregnant, then they give birth and smother the child, but keep it in a trunk in the attic, or in the freezer, or buried in the garden. The police end up finding 3 to 8 infant bodies when they are finally found out. Many of these women do have some living children, who are raised normally and the pregnancy with those children was never denied. Is Shannon one of these women? Maybe Golden Boy was smothered and buried, but Brian was there when she gave birth to Sunny and she couldn't just smother her and hide her? And maybe he is a big waste of space and just let her be in charge after she was born? They say these women don't see the "denied pregnancy" children as real. Maybe this is the result...

"Pregnancy Denial" Links
Overview:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/28/world/main6721555.shtml

Famous French case in more detail:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=7864712&page=1

Scientific study:
http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/48/2/117

Not saying I believe this is a mental illness -- maybe it is, or maybe it is just a horrible choice society would like to label as one.

Yes, lots of people abuse their children, sadly. Maybe not to this level, but still. Abuse has no "reasoning" to it. But not many people hide their children from conception until 6 years old. Not one, but TWO children completely hidden from the world! So that is what I keep trying to find a reason for, even though logic probably has nothing to do with it.

Maybe she didn't hide her pregnancies for religious reasons, or social acceptance reasons, or any of that. Maybe she had "pregnancy denial." See links below...

You hear of women who are in denial about ever being pregnant, then they give birth and smother the child, but keep it in a trunk in the attic, or in the freezer, or buried in the garden. The police end up finding 3 to 8 infant bodies when they are finally found out. Many of these women do have some living children, who are raised normally and the pregnancy with those children was never denied. Is Shannon one of these women? Maybe Golden Boy was smothered and buried, but Brian was there when she gave birth to Sunny and she couldn't just smother her and hide her? And maybe he is a big waste of space and just let her be in charge after she was born? They say these women don't see the "denied pregnancy" children as real. Maybe this is the result...

"Pregnancy Denial" Links
Overview:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/28/world/main6721555.shtml

Famous French case in more detail:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=7864712&page=1

Scientific study:
http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/48/2/117

Not saying I believe this is a mental illness -- maybe it is, or maybe it is just a horrible choice society would like to label as one.

It seems like we have written a diagnoses for every deplorable act. I don't buy into most of them...

A child being kept alive for 6 years and a crib kind-a removes this this case from the realm of denial for me...

I generally think if someone conceals a crime, they know it is wrong and are therefore not legally insane. I'm just wondering if Shannon and these other women are of the same ilk, for whatever twisted reason.

How unbelievably awful! Going to get plastic wrap, tearing it off at the sharp edge, carrying it back to the bathroom, and wrapping it around the baby until it stops breathing?! That requires a missing soul or something!

There is some very strange stuff going on with these women!!! And then there are the ones that kidnap and kill pregnant ladies to cut out their babies because they have been representing themselves as pregnant. Horrible, freaky, evil things being done... and in both instances, the women seem to "sincerely" deny that they did the deeds involved, or admit them but are oddly estranged from the serious and gruesome reality of it.

not sure if this has been discussed...

has it been proven that sunny and golden boy are the gore's biological children?

are there any missing children that would fit these children's approximate ages?

At least Sunny is definitely Shannon's bio child... a neighbor even remembers seeing her looking pregnant (though she denied it). Police say both are their bio children.

I'm sure DNA is one of the first things they would check in the investigation since there is apparently no record of the births of the two children.

Here's a new one:

Mother guilty of 'dreadful' baby murder in Fraserburgh

Ineta Dzinguviene denied murdering her son in Fraserburgh

Woman 'set out to murder newborn'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-13268019

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-13372545

Just found guilty she'll do life in prison - police have found a second body they need to discuss with her.

Something must be mentally wrong with these women, even if they are not legally insane. I say this because in the link below, this woman killed her baby after people KNEW she gave birth. How did she plan to get away with it? She didn't PLAN, she was still in some strange denial state. When cops found her she was "happy and relaxed". WTF?

I'm not trying to give these women a pass... I'm trying to understand so we can do a better job preventing these zombie women from killing their babies.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...guilty-of-smothering-baby-son-86908-23127536/

Women who deny pregnancy do not usually hide these children for many years.
They usually either kill the child or drop it off somewhere. Murdering off a newborn is very different from hiding a child who is alleged to be six years old.

Something must be mentally wrong with these women, even if they are not legally insane. I say this because in the link below, this woman killed her baby after people KNEW she gave birth. How did she plan to get away with it? She didn't PLAN, she was still in some strange denial state. When cops found her she was "happy and relaxed". WTF?

I'm not trying to give these women a pass... I'm trying to understand so we can do a better job preventing these zombie women from killing their babies.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...guilty-of-smothering-baby-son-86908-23127536/

OMG - that added bit of information, I wrongly assumed she gave birth alone and had no idea she had other live children - I agree without giving her a pass - there is something wrong with a woman who births a healthy baby after a hidden pregnancy then does what she did not once but twice.

Like B&SG, Casey Anthony, Stacey Barker and countless more of their ilk, I cannot understand or even get past "How could she" - the fact that they hide the baby's body and lie, lie, lie, means they are not legally insane but they are not what we will ever call "normal" and these newest cases prove, if they think they got away with it once they will kill again when it suits them.

Lock them up and throw away the key.

The gmother in the Barker case told LE she 'knew her daughter was guilty, now I need you to prove it.' She is devastated, but IMO she is one of the few we have heard about who have tried to do the right thing.

other female 'guests' at the regional jail gave her a few bruises. The story goes something like this, they asked who she was why she was there, she said "oh you don't know? I'm Monster Mom".

If this wench divulged that to other inmates then skip the lawyer. You gotta be insane to do that. A few bruises? She's lucky she walked out of there.

From that FB picture of her posing like she thinks she's "The s*it" I thought this chick is a loop. How you gonna pose when you have a deceased child buried and are starving a child locked up in a cage like crib?

Papa Nasty may be the Church going type, but anyone that is seeling stolen gold and climbing up into drop ceilings has been around. She knows exactly what she is doing.

One thing stuck with me is on BG's Myspace he was mudding in his truck. Her comment was something like "There's alot of mud on that truck. Next time don't forget me". Sooooooo attention seeker who wants to mess around in the snow at night and go mudding as opposed to raising children.

Oh special thanks from me as well Jinxy for keeping us updated.

Considering they found a baby girls' body in her native country, she could have been planning to get away with it the same way she allegedly done before. People who commit crimes don't always get away with them, it doesn't mean they didn't plan those crimes.

Considering they found a baby girls' body in her native country, she could have been planning to get away with it the same way she allegedly done before. People who commit crimes don't always get away with them, it doesn't mean they didn't plan those crimes.

I think people are afraid to say "that killer must have a screw loose" because they think it is a way to excuse the behavior. I disagree. I think mental illness is a bell curve. You can be somewhat screwy and still be very calculating and very responsible for your actions. That doesn't meet up with the criteria to be considered legally insane (completely NUTS) and therefore not responsible for your actions. You have to not be able to tell right from wrong, and therefore not even try to conceal your actions, to be considered legally insane.

I hope Shannon Gore never gets out of jail! I do not think she was "legally insane"... but I think she must have a screw loose!

Ineta Dzinguviene suffocating her babies even though her own family and neighbors and hospital staff all knew she just had a baby and would likely wonder where that baby went = "screw loose" but not legally insane, and thus convicted

A man who only gets sexual satisfaction from rape or child abuse or killing a prostitute = "screw loose" but not legally insane

A woman who kills another woman and cuts out her baby so she can parade it around as her own = "screw loose" but not legally insane

AGAIN, not at all trying to give these people a pass. It is very difficult to prove insanity for legal purposes, as it should be.

If someone allegedly done the same thing before and got away with it-why wouldn't that someone think he or she can do it again and get away with it again?

I was just saying she didn't seem to have a sophisticated plan, she seemed to be in some sort of "it will just go away" denial. Kind of like with the pregnancy itself. She should not have expected to get away with it either time, since other people knew she had a baby. And she didn't entirely get away with it the first time, it just took a long time for anyone to find the baby's body -- which she left behind in a suitcase at her old residence for people to find! The other lady's husband found 2 babies in the freezer. Not the best hiding place. Another lady was carrying two babies around in the trunk of her car (and she let it get impounded). What is with keeping the remains anyway? I'm just saying, these don't seem like criminal masterminds. They try to hide it, but kinda like zombies. "Nobody will notice this dead baby under the bed." I'm surprised it took so long to be stumbled on. (Seriously, see the link.) Some screws are loose! Just my opinion, though. To each his own.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...siblings_make_shocking_discovery__baby_s.html

I was just saying she didn't seem to have a sophisticated plan, she seemed to be in some sort of "it will just go away" denial. Kind of like with the pregnancy itself. She should not have expected to get away with it either time, since other people knew she had a baby. And she didn't entirely get away with it the first time, it just took a long time for anyone to find the baby's body -- which she left behind in a suitcase at her old residence for people to find! The other lady's husband found 2 babies in the freezer. Not the best hiding place. Another lady was carrying two babies around in the trunk of her car (and she let it get impounded). What is with keeping the remains anyway? I'm just saying, these don't seem like criminal masterminds. They try to hide it, but kinda like zombies. "Nobody will notice this dead baby under the bed." I'm surprised it took so long to be stumbled on. (Seriously, see the link.) Some screws are loose! Just my opinion, though. To each his own.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...siblings_make_shocking_discovery__baby_s.html

Welcome Haiku Mommy!:welcome5:

Somewhere in the articles I read Shannon did not allow her friends into her house...

Bigger question: Where was Shannon and /or Brian living when Sunny and Baby Boy were born? Where were these children hidden before they moved into the trailer?

I don't know the answer to that, but I can tell you that it appears that Shannon has only lived in 2 different towns, in her lifetime, at least under her own name. Of course, she may have lived in more places, or been living with a roomate, but
These are the 2 locations I keep finding. (Source: Intelius)

name . Name/Aliases: Has lived :
Shannon N Gore Wicomico, VA
Shannon N Smith (maiden name) Hayes, VA

I don't know the answer to that, but I can tell you that it appears that Shannon has only lived in 2 different towns, in her lifetime, at least under her own name. Of course, she may have lived in more places, or been living with a roomate, but
These are the 2 locations I keep finding. (Source: Intelius)

name . Name/Aliases: Has lived :
Shannon N Gore Wicomico, VA
Shannon N Smith (maiden name) Hayes, VA

Shannon Smith

Susan Smith

Just saying...

You know it's really sad when my first thought upon noticing that similarity was.... "At least Michael and Alex died within a few minutes, did not die alone and were loved and cared for while they were alive." :(

It's frightening when I can think "At least THAT parent killed their child quickly, instead of slowly and painfully..."

That is just screwed up.
:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69