GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is this the end of this conversation so far or is there another thread? I keep checking back and no new posts have been made so jw.

Nevermind new page so I guess there is just nothing new to be said.

I promise if I hear or read of any updates I'll get them here. Right now there isn't a thing.

I did not see this posted, it is a very long article. Looks like court is scheduled for Aug 2nd ?:

Gloucester residents in dark as child abuse came to light

This rural community isn't used to making headlines, especially the kind it's had lately.

First, there was the tornado, a vicious twister that killed two people, wrecked a school and destroyed dozens of homes less than two months ago.

And now this, perhaps the worst case of child abuse ever in these parts - one that speaks volumes about what can hide behind closed doors.

On April 28, deputies checking a home for stolen goods discovered a naked, starving little girl inside a filthy, makeshift cage.

Under a shed nearby, they found the remains of a baby.

Magnifying the eeriness: no record that either child even existed.

"We've never seen a case quite like this," said Betty Wade Coyle, executive director of Prevent Child Abuse Hampton Roads, a volunteer group based in Norfolk.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/06/gloucester-residents-dark-child-abuse-came-light

I promise if I hear or read of any updates I'll get them here. Right now there isn't a thing.

Thanks Jinxy, I've been searching, and finding nothing new othere than she's gained 15pounds (remember she only weighed 16 pounds when they found her), and she is now "eating on her own". Initially I took that to mean she wasn't eating on her own when taken into custody, away from the parents, so how was she "eating" the poptarts. But after thinking about it I'm pretty sure (no real knowledge here of this case, just medical knowledge), they probably put a feeding tube in at the hospital so she could gain weight quicker, and with all needed vitamins. Nice to know she's eating on her own now.

Mystic that is an excellent article that sums up things pretty much as much as we know. And Capri, that was my understanding-she was tube fed due to the severity of her starvation. The fact that she can now feed herself is a positive sign. Word around town is that she is so deficient in so many areas that she may never make it out of an institution, which is part of the reason no information is being given out-the community is already so inflamed this could totally kill any chance of a fair trial. The commonwealth so wants to have an airtight case to keep these two from ever walking amongst the rest of us again.

The article said no one has threatened them, but I have heard of many threats. Inmates who go back to jail on the weekends while they are released to work during the week have openly offered to "handle some things". They are not letting the grandparents have any contact with the baby and they are keeping an extremely low profile. Things are just seriously very hush hush. We had a motorcycle rally that raised thousands of dollars for CHKD because we cannot give directly to Allison, although I think I prefer to call her Sunny...at least it is a name brought about because we care about her, not forgotten and caged...

So one baby is dead and another poor child will never have a normal life? I have goosebumps I am so upset..I too have been looking for updates and there hasn't been much. Thank God the little girl is doing better .

Since this case I have read up on some cases involving feral children and in most cases they will never be able to catch up to others and in fact most cant even attempt language skills. (some have managed to do a rough form of sign language but very little actual spoken words).

Its sad to say but the damage these two did to this child are probably very harsh and very permanent. I hope Sunny is with someone very special that can help her flourish as much as possible.

All we can do is pray for that little girl.

Estimated to be 6 year old and 15 pounds. OMG

All we can do is pray for that little girl.

Estimated to be 6 year old and 15 pounds. OMG

My son is TWO and weighs 30 pounds...and is only in the 30th-35th percentile for his weight, he ISN'T even the average weight for his age!

This poor child, I pray that there is miraculous healing in her body, mind, and heart.

This case has taken what I believe to be quite the ominous turn. We all know that these two people are the worst of the worst, but now it looks like they've found more evidence that SG has something else to hide. Apparently she hid a memory card in her bra, stuffed in there from the time of her arrest. I don't understand this, there must be something on there that she really didn't want to let go of, otherwise I would think she would have ditched it by now. I mean, really, in the same bra since the beginning of May? Here's the link to the news story:
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-gore-update,0,2146334.story

ominous indeed. This bit of info, coupled with the hidden purse in the hospital, the father of the kids unloading all the electronics claiming to a friend he "thinks he got rid of the worst of it" <-- paraphrasing . .

all that adds up to something pretty darned incriminating IMO.

Ok. I'm new to this case. But I have read the whole thread and I have a thought. Keep in mind this is MOO. I have no data to back it up. Just brainstorming.

But... We have 3 kids: one dead (died in 2007 at age 7 months), one neglected/abused (would have been 2 or 3 in 2007), and a new "replacement" baby just a few months old--with the same name as the dead child. My thought is that Sunny was blamed for Golden Boy's death. (whether she had anything to do with it or not doesnt really matter). She was thus shunned and "punished" for what happened, and they set about to hide the body and create another baby boy (to whom they gave the same name) who would be loved and cared for.

Maybe completely off base. But an interesting possibility. Would give some structure to part of the insanity. Still this whole story reads like a VC Andrews novel. (Anyone read Flowers in the Attic?)

Just crazy........

very interesting thoughts synaptic, the timing would work out, I think. you may be on to something.

This case has taken what I believe to be quite the ominous turn. We all know that these two people are the worst of the worst, but now it looks like they've found more evidence that SG has something else to hide. Apparently she hid a memory card in her bra, stuffed in there from the time of her arrest. I don't understand this, there must be something on there that she really didn't want to let go of, otherwise I would think she would have ditched it by now. I mean, really, in the same bra since the beginning of May? Here's the link to the news story:
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-gore-update,0,2146334.story

I'm glad the police got it and i hope it contains some useful evidence, but why in the world would she hide it? why not just destroy it? Its so small she could have chewed it up and eaten it! doesnt make any sense.

truecrimejunkie, I was thinking the same thing. It would have been super easy to get rid of that piece of evidence, obviously she held onto it for other reasons. Maybe she wants to get caught? I'd also love to know who she's talking to on the prison phone, wondering if others are in on whatever happened. From some of the comments readers left in previous newspaper articles it became glaringly obvious that other people were aware of Sunshine's existence, so it makes sense that someone else out there knows what's on the disc. Or, maybe SG just likes playing games.

I hope they gave the little girl a DNA test. What if it turned out to be Hailey Cummings?

And the evidence of that is on the phone.

How can they not find the cell phone? What could she have done with it besides trash or flush it? What reason did she have not to flush the memory card? Why was she holding it and not destorying it? Anyone remember the camera being talked about in her purse why back when? Or am I mistaken about that?

I think the V.C Andrews thing is correct ..only worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back