VA VA - Sharon Lake, 25, Deborah Frank, 23, Karen Scarborough, 17, Dale City, June 1978

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I wonder if this guy could be the killer? He has been arrested and charged with murder in another case and will probably be charged with another murder in Northern VA

I wonder if this guy could be the killer? He has been arrested and charged with murder in another case and will probably be charged with another murder in Northern VA
This suspect would have been 19 years old or so in 1978.
There is supposedly a sketch of a potential suspect, but could not find it in any news reports. Here is what the Washington Post said regarding a suspect"

Quote: ... the suspect, a man in his late 20s with curly reddish or brownish blond hair and a medium build, was spotted driving away from the trailer where the women were killed, on June 24, the day 0f the crime. Police have said the women were each shot once in the back of the head sometime between 4 and 6:55 p.m. that day.

The suspect, wearing a white and green stripped pullover T-shirt with a collar, was driving a dark green subcompact car with a hatchback and white bucket seats...

A witness driving past the trailer, which served as a sales office for a Ryland Homes subdivision noticed the suspect pulling away from the trailer and turning around at the dead-end of Dale Boulevard The suspect did "something that stuck out in the witness's mind,"... Unquote.

LINK:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...layings/4bc6ddc4-79bc-487d-8677-4eb53ff1d9de/
The suspect description does not fit the guy arrested in those other cases
I have researched 12 cases that cross Fauquier, Loudoun, Fairfax, and Prince William County lines in Virginia that occurred between 1970 and 1991. I think there was a serial killer operating in the area in the 1970s and 1980s, and still lives in the area (now around 65-68 yrs old).

In this case, I believe one was the initial target of the serial killer (KS), and the other two women showed up unexpectedly, which led to this sad outcome.
There have been many murderers in those parts of Virginia that qualify as serial killers so I have to ask you which 12 cases your referencing?
I wish I had a concrete name. I got a name of Ms. Scarborough's ex-bf from high school, but I don't believe it is him. Michael Carl George is a name that pops up alot, but the crimes he was convicted of were against young boys-which doesn't fit the MO I'm tracking.

In some of the posts & articles I've sifted thru - LE had a strong suspect who was described as mid to late 20s, reddish/blonde hair, with description of his car/clothing. The description of the car doesn't help because I believe the perp switched cars pretty consistently. Facebook posts mention that LE believe they knew who was responsible, but did not have the evidence available to bring formal charges.

Does anybody remember a list of suspects from back then?
I feel the car description would help . I want to really understand your POV about the lack of meaning in your opinion on it's unimportance.
The suspect description does not line up with the arrest of photo's Elroy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back