GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindsay - Strawberry - Japanda and all of the others - thanks so much for being all over this. I have had to be out of the house for the majority of the afternoon and am just now getting caught up. I wish I had known about the change in the vehicles in the amber alert while I was out driving from one side of town to the other...to the other...to the other...

Prayers for this family...there has already been much tragedy. I'm hoping Brittany is found soon!

I reported the tip.

This is really confusing. Did the news report he was living with the mom and Brittany ? Does anyone know his involvement with them ? I couldn't hear due to my sons talking to me.

I wonder if EB was a long time boyfriend of the Mothers and Brittany used his last name kinda like a "stepdad" kinda thing.

Stranger things have happened.

I wonder what her relationship was like with her father.

You beat me to it ! I was wondering this EXACT thing !

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/06/17/amber-alert-issued-missing-12-yr-old-ar-698326/

4:07 update:
By WSLS-TV Staff Reports
Published: December 06, 2010
Updated: December 06, 2010 - 2:26 PM

From State Police: Please be advised that Roanoke County has located the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer VA/XPR-4366.

The search is now focusing on the missing 2005 Silver Dodge VA XKF-2365, the make has been identified as a Neon.

2:19 p.m.

Roanoke County Police say the Amber Alert investigation also involves a possible homicide of the missing child's mother.

When Roanoke County officers arrived to the home on Fort Lewis Circle Monday morning around 9:30 a.m., they found a woman's body inside. Investigators identified the woman at 41-year-old Tina Smith, the mother of Brittany Smith.

Investigators now say Brittany was last seen several days ago, and that the suspected abductor of Brittany, Jeffrey Easley, was a friend of Tina's.

Police say Easley may be driving a 2000 red Chevrolet SUV with Virginia license plate XPR-4366.

Officers also say that Tina's car is missing, a silver 2005 Dodge four-door sedan with Virginia license plate XKF-2365.

If you have any information, call 911.

-----

1:59 p.m. May be traveling in a 2000 SUV Chevrolet , Red , Virginia tag XPR-4366.P.S. Victims mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365

-----

Virginia State Police have issued an Amber Alert for Brittany Mae Smith.

She is 12 years old, 5 feet tall and weighs around 100 pounds. She was last seen at 3341 Fort Lewis Cr. in Salem.

She was last seen with Jeffrey Scott Easley, 32.

Anyone with information is asked to call (540) 562-3265 or 911.

amber-alert-issued-missing-12-yr-old
amber-alert-issued-missing-12-yr-old

Now this is getting very confusing. On the memorial page for the brother, there is actually a comment on there by a BE (same picture). That was posted on June 27th. So was this "12-year-old' girl going by that name as far back as June?

The comment would show the name she is listed on FB now, which is not necessarily the same as it was listed in June.

This is TS's son's facebook memorial page. Many posts here by Tina. Her last post was dated 11/30.

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...543019356#!/group.php?gid=115192928023&v=wall
Thank you for posting this link.

Tina writes so heart-wrenchingly and beautifully to her lost son. She was worried about getting thru the Christmas season that she loves, without the shock as a buffer, from last year. :( She was going to handle it by reaching out to a youth group. So, so sad...

This is truly tragic...I hope that Brittany is OK and is found soon.

I am crying my eyes out reading the fb memorial page. She was a caring Mother, who did good for others. I hope Brittany is ok :(

from the facebook page He might has family in Devil Hill NC and maybe Chatham VA.

I am thinking this guy has photo-shopped this picture on his MS page of himself with the picture of BS aka BE.

http://www.myspace.com/400242677

I am no photo expert but these two people in this picture do not look like they were "together" but "placed together" for this MS page. Of course my opinion and I have no way to know if this is the case.

IMO, its a real picture... If its BS with him, that I don't know. It looks like shes sitting on his lap and took the picture of the two of them though =/ =/ =/

Also- It seems strange to me that mom has a FB but her and JE aren't friends? That makes me think that piece of information isn't correct and JE only knew BS some how....

Easley is due in court on 12/13 at 11 am for speeding

omg... clicking on the info portion of this page I see he died from playing the choking game. how sad!

Did you read the piece Tina wrote in the discussions? It said normally kids play this together but he was alone and put a belt around his neck to cause the asphyxiation. Just so sad and tragic!

Roanoke County Police are not saying how or when Tina Smith died, but they are treating it as a possible homicide. Tina Smith’s co-workers contacted police Monday morning, Hall said.

State Police said Brittany Mae Smith is believed to be in extreme danger and was last seen Thursday, Dec. 2. The child was likely abducted by 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley, a white male, 5’11” tall, weighing 265 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes, said state police.

Easley was a friend of Tina Smith, said the Roanoke County spokesperson.

http://www.gazettevirginian.com/ind...ave-south-boston-ties&catid=34:news&Itemid=54

n all-points bulletin is out for a man that police describe as a "friend" of the family- Jeffrey Scott Easley.

Police say Easley is at least a friend of the family. They also say that there is evidence Easley spent a lot of time at the home, suggesting a possible relationship beyond just friends.

Police showed up to the house on Fort Lewis Circle about 9:30 a.m. Monday this morning and found Tina Smith dead. It took police little time to realize that there was much more going on than a homicide.

"We found out pretty quickly that she had a 12-year old daughter who was not at the scene... had not shown up for school. Nobody seemed to know where she was. We're concerned that her disappearance is going to be, at least a good possibility, it has something to do with the homicide," Lt. Chuck Mason with the Roanoke County Police said.

Police say it's been several days since anyone has seen or heard from Brittany, last reported at the Fort Lewis Circle home.

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13624203

Her myspace and FB both show her last name as Easley. Also, her last status update on myspace says something about "(hcb)ilu" I know "ilu" is short for "I love you" but what is "hcb" short for. His last status update 3 days ago on myspace says "I've got a lot on my mind (hcb)."

I couldn't see either status update when I looked online on my computer but using myspace mobile from my phone it showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz