GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone watching NG? what's she saying? I can't watch.........helping with homework & babysitting...........

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-photos-of-suspect-and-missing-120610,0,6867612.photogallery

There's pictures of his tattoos and the tent that was purchased, as well as photos of the car and them.

The article above way down plays JE's criminal record. Stating: His assault charge in 1996 is the only violent arrest. Any other run-ins with the law are things like expired car registrations.

This was just for North Carolina, and does not include what we know is a sealed juvenile record.

August 2002, Criminal Contempt, statute 5a-11, held in holding cell for 7 hours until he cooperated

September 2001, threatening phone calls, domestic violence, failure to appear, blood alcohol .16, was not an assault charge, victim Sheila Easley

1998 Possession, same statute
1997 Larceny, stature 14-72A, Possession of Stolen Property 14-71.1
1997 Possession, statute 18b-302B2
1996 Assaulting a Government Employee, 14-34.2 reduced to 14-33C4, (victims name provided but I will withhold since it is not a family member)
1995 Injury to personal property, 14-160, victim reimbursed (victims name provided but I will withhold)

A handful of no insurance, no registration, fishing without a license, etc

I keep looking at that photo of them in Wallmart and I am convinced she is terrified and that he has something in his pocket or behind his back to control her. This is not looking good at all.

My first thought at seeing the photo was "I wonder if he has a gun" but I don't know how he would be able to get through detectors with one and not only that but walk out without people seeing it.

He could certainly tell (lie) her he had one. I agree, I think she looks very scared and who pushes a buggy with one hand behind their back.

Hey guys. I am one of the visitors that you've had here for the last couple days. I wish you guys were in charge of this investigation because you all are great!
I live in Christiansburg, just up the highway from Salem/Roanoke area. I see there are alot of my neighbors on here too, so hello to all.
Here's what I'm thinking about the tent. As a camper myself, I'd bet this guy is not experienced in camping at all or else he wouldn't be buying a tent. It is soooo cold here that in order to heat this tent, he would need some type of propane heater or build fires. The only type heater that Walmart sells that would work, a dual heater which uses two canisters of propane at a time, is a Mr Buddy. From Fri/Sat until today, he would need at least 20-30 canisters of propane and you can tell from the few items in the buggy, he did not buy propane or else the buggy would be full to the bim. The heater is also fairly large and I don't see it there either. I'm hoping he is building fires, that would make it much easier to spot from the air or land, but how would he keep the tent warm? LE stated today that he bought 'camping items' and also gatorade. (Any liquid not sitting directly on a fire, or extremely close, is going to freeze in these temperatures. quickly. The last couple nights it has been in the teens with a wind chill hovering around zero.) You just can't 'go camping' around here without some planning and alot more supplies that what they have in the that buggy. There are so many items which I'm sure he wouldn't even think about unless he's actually camped before.
I read that LE has ruled out Craig Co and Botetourt. Anyone know why? Also, does anyone know if VDOT records traffic on their trafficams and could those be reviewed to see if they can figure out if he got on I-81 and which way he went? I-81 is very close to this Walmart. If the guy is thinking at all, then he may head somewhere near water. SML area? (He was seen in SE Rke) or Giles Co along the New River maybe? There are lots of hunters out so I hope they are keeping a lookout but if they are in the tent, a hunter would probably not bother them unless they saw the car or a pic of the tent. LE did say that they think he is being helped out. Do you think Mom might be keeping in touch and not telling LE? There has to be a reason they think he is being helped and unfortunately that hasn't been reported.
Ok, I see this is super long, I'm sorry! Last thing, I hope this child is found alive. Whatever her involvement has been, and I honestly believe he has 'flirted' with her but I just can't bring myself to believe she is involved on the level that some people do. Yes, I know, I'm naive. And a mom, my son is her age. It's heartbreaking.

The images on the traffic cams are blurry and it is hard to distinguish between makes and models of vehicles and tag #s. The cameras can be controlled to zoom but without a directive from state police or knowledge of an incident they would be panned out by default. Color can be determined but at night even that could be hard.

Nancy Grace is going off about how child services in Halifax Co and Salem didn't look into the investigation as they should have, saying this could have been prevented. She's saying the services said they were busy with their Christmas parties.

Nancy Grace is going off about how child services in Halifax Co and Salem didn't look into the investigation as they should have, saying this could have been prevented. She's saying the services said they were busy with their Christmas parties.

We obviously don't know the details of child services, etc, but I thought a week or so turnaround was pretty good. I don't think they would drop everything to check on the relationship b/t a 12-yr-old girl and a mom's BF, when they get calls of a newborn with bruises, or something acute like that. No one had any idea that something like this would happen so soon, although I think the key was letting JE know that child svcs had been contacted. That part should have been kept hush-hush. :twocents:

I think the ball was dropped with the police when they announced that her father was a police officer in Boston. I think that was a REALLY bad idea to announce that fact. JMO

NG says that they are awaiting breaking news conference on the case. Anyone else hear that?

NG going to show press conference too.. she's waiting, as we are.

How close are Brittany and her dad? Has it been reported? Has Brittany's dad made a plea for her safe return, or anything like that?

Brittany's dad is a police officer, and Easley has already been convicted of "assault on a government official" (in NC, LEO's are often referred to as "government officials"). Obviously, Easley doesn't like cops.

From many details concerning Easley that we already know, it's obvious that he is antisocial, maladjusted, and hates authority figures like the police.

So if Brittany's dad were to plead for her safe return, that might just make Easley angry enough to hurt Brittany, his plaything of the moment. It's not about "love" with Easley ... it's about power and control, pure and simple.

They usually call such people "criminal psychopaths." :banghead:

Unusual to have 3 pressers in one day. Maybe they have found them?

We obviously don't know the details of child services, etc, but I thought a week or so turnaround was pretty good. I don't think they would drop everything to check on the relationship b/t a 12-yr-old girl and a mom's BF, when they get calls of a newborn with bruises, or something acute like that. No one had any idea that something like this would happen so soon, although I think the key was letting JE know that child svcs had been contacted. That part should have been kept hush-hush. :twocents:

Sorry, a report of possible sexual abuse of a child is acute! Nancy is right

I am so worried for this little girl and I hope they can find her and bring her home.

The picture from Walmart she looks very nervous and I think she is looking at the camera, but is almost afraid to move her head. What a sick jerk he is.

OT a tiny bit, but I cannot stand when I hear Nancy Grace say "Mommy". She sounds so mean.

on a header it says relative pleading tonight
mom's funeral is Sat???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members