GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy said that relatives called DCF and apparently DCF later came out saying that they didn't answer the phone as they were at their Christmas Party. This phone call was made on Fri., 12/3/10, of which, Brittany was already out of the house and seen in WalMart. Even if DCF answered the phone and went to the house, Brittany was already gone and Brittany's mother would have been discovered sooner, but still deceased.

Nancy was hammering DCF.

DCF has dropped the ball in alot of cases but I don't think you set this one at their doorstep. They are not an emergency number. I guess anyone following this case should note to themselves that if you ever encounter a total stranger who is so comfortable caressing and touching your twelve year old niece that he does it in public things are going on behind closed doors that require a 911 call.

And I am not blaming the extended family, I am sure they are gobsmacked by the entire thing. And they did try to intervene. Of course being the cynical group we are I would have been googling this guy while he was still in my house.

DCF has dropped the ball in alot of cases but I don't think you set this one at their doorstep. They are not an emergency number. I guess anyone following this case should note to themselves that if you ever encounter a total stranger who is so comfortable caressing and touching your twelve year old niece that he does it in public things are going on behind closed doors that require a 911 call.

And I am not blaming the extended family, I am sure they are gobsmacked by the entire thing. And they did try to intervene. Of course being the cynical group we are I would have been googling this guy while he was still in my house.

Thank you. That is what I was trying to say when I said it was not an "acute" case - an emergency or life-or-death. You said it much better than I did...

Any locals know of this place? I just saw this posted on the Find Brittany Mae Smith facebook site

This weekend I went to a local state park(Monte Sano) and it was FREEZING cold! We stayed in a camper and on our way driving out Sun morn, we could NOT believe someone actually tent camped in a blue domed tent.

They did say they reported it to police when they heard about the blue tent

Any locals know of this place? I just saw this posted on the Find Brittany Mae Smith facebook site

This weekend I went to a local state park(Monte Sano) and it was FREEZING cold! We stayed in a camper and on our way driving out Sun morn, we could NOT believe someone actually tent camped in a blue domed tent.

Wonder if this is Monte Sano State Park in North Alabama. Literally just outside Huntsville, which is where I believe one of JE's ex-wives lives.

They have cabins for rent as well.

Monte Sano state park is in Huntsville, Alabama

I just thought of something. I wonder if Brittany's dad is staying out of the media because they don't want Easley to know what the dad looks like.

I wonder if someone isn't just pulling LE's leg on this one? I haven't seen the comment in context, but... seems like too much of a coincidence. And you'd be surprised at the trolls that those sites pick up.

If it is true, I hope they contacted LE.

ETA: The lady's website looks to be genuine so maybe she's telling the truth. I guess I've been jaded by folks like the little girl who kept posting on FB saying she was a friend of Sarah and Kody Maynard...

Wouldn't JE already know what BS's dad does for a living? I mean, he's known her and her mother for several months now, I'm sure it would have come up.

It's so cold in much of the country now, I definitely believe someone is helping them. I've got a tent similar to the one he purchased and it's not something one can survive long term in.

Praying you are safe and will come home soon Brittany!

Wouldn't JE already know what BS's dad does for a living? I mean, he's known her and her mother for several months now, I'm sure it would have come up.

It's so cold in much of the country now, I definitely believe someone is helping them. I've got a tent similar to the one he purchased and it's not something one can survive long term in.

Praying you are safe and will come home soon Brittany!

I think her father being a cop in inconsequential at this point. What difference has it made up to this point? He isn't afraid of being a criminal. He put himself out on her social networking sites (I am dying to know if dad is clueless about these type of sites? You would think a cop dad would be all over that, but apparantly not).

He is probably staying out of the media because he doesn't want to be questioned as a father and as a police officer. They are not worried about JE knowing what dad looks like, dad is not going to be there when they take him down. That would be wildly dangerous to everyone involved because he can't be objective at this point.

It is just a tragic detail in the whole thing in my opinion.

This is actually not true... I called my step brother, he's a cashier at walmart. Company policy is that they do not require ID for any amount with a credit OR debit card. You swipe either yourself and then enter a PIN if its debit or just sign if its credit. You can only get cash back from debit, up to $100.

A few years ago at my wal mart when I used my credit card I had a cashier come over to validate my card. I said to her when she first walked up "What is wrong?" she stated that any amount over $100.00 they have to verify. I said OH I didn't know that. So maybe it is just my store or it use to be a policy?

A few years ago at my wal mart when I used my credit card I had a cashier come over to validate my card. I said to her when she first walked up "What is wrong?" she stated that any amount over $100.00 they have to verify. I said OH I didn't know that. So maybe it is just my store or it use to be a policy?

I'm not sure. I know my mom makes purchases ( mostly groceries ) from the Salem Walmart all the time with her credit card and it's always over $100. All they ask is if she's using "Credit or Debit" and she just tells them credit and signs the line on the machine.

Ok I got a question that I want to throw out to you experts and see what your take is:
Mom's car is the one they are traveling in. Now, originally when this story broke, LE was looking for both mom's car and JE's car. They then reported a day or two later that JE's car was found but did not say where. I take it that since LE had been at the home for days, JE's car was not at the home when mom's body was found. But, they haven't said where JE's car was located. Why wouldn't they report that? And why are they in mom's car when JE's car was an SUV and would have been much better, IMO, of an escape vehicle due to size, ability to hold more gas and much better driving vehicle in inclement weather. Did mom asked JE to meet her somewhere maybe to discuss issues and meet somewhere other than in her home because she didn't want him back in the home? Also, today LE said they may never be able to give a time of death. Why not? Unless she was burned, I don't see them not knowing. What do you all think about him possibly killing the mom somewhere outside the home and taking her body back to the house in her own car? In that case, he would have only the mom's car because his was left wherever he originally killed her.

Her cousin, Kim Stephenson, told her that she loved her unconditionally. She said "I pray for you everyday and will continue to pray for you."

from tonights presser, it hurt to hear her but I got from it that she was trying to convey to BS if she is guilty of anything ie. murder, going willingly or even flirted with him it is ok to come home. That is how I read it.

I'm not sure. I know my mom makes purchases ( mostly groceries ) from the Salem Walmart all the time with her credit card and it's always over $100. All they ask is if she's using "Credit or Debit" and she just tells them credit and signs the line on the machine.

Well the time that cashier came over to me I went through one of those self checkouts so maybe that is why.

I have not read the entire thread so maybe this has been discussed already.

At any Walmart we have been to (here in AZ), you can go through the self-checkout and use a credit/debit card with no ID, regardless of the amount. We do it all the time with different cards at different stores statewide (even spent over $1000 once with a CC at a self-checkout and we were not asked for ID).

If they used the card as debit, maybe she knew her mom's pin#?

Lets just pray that she is safe :praying:

Yes Monte Sano State Park is in Huntsville. It has been very cold here this week. The low Monday morning was 18%. Highs have only been in the 30's. All of our stations have the amber alert running and they covered it on the news. I really do not think he is here. There are a number of camp grounds in Marshall county. If he made it to Alabama and is familiar with the area I think he would be in that county.

Praying for a good outcome for Britney.

Ok I got a question that I want to throw out to you experts and see what your take is:
Mom's car is the one they are traveling in. Now, originally when this story broke, LE was looking for both mom's car and JE's car. They then reported a day or two later that JE's car was found but did not say where. I take it that since LE had been at the home for days, JE's car was not at the home when mom's body was found. But, they haven't said where JE's car was located. Why wouldn't they report that? And why are they in mom's car when JE's car was an SUV and would have been much better, IMO, of an escape vehicle due to size, ability to hold more gas and much better driving vehicle in inclement weather. Did mom asked JE to meet her somewhere maybe to discuss issues and meet somewhere other than in her home because she didn't want him back in the home? Also, today LE said they may never be able to give a time of death. Why not? Unless she was burned, I don't see them not knowing. What do you all think about him possibly killing the mom somewhere outside the home and taking her body back to the house in her own car? In that case, he would have only the mom's car because his was left wherever he originally killed her.

Nice thinking Sam !

I was curious too why he ditched his vehicle since it was an SUV and could handle Winter weather better than her car. It's been eating at me why they won't say where they found it because it doesn't seem like that big of a deal where the location would be, unless like you just stated, maybe she wasn't murdered at home, but where his car was abandoned. I really wish they would say where it was located because it would also clear up for me if it was them I saw on Friday night that almost hit me from running a STOP sign.

Is it possible that he is reaching into his back pocket, for keys, in that clip? Rather than hiding something? I can't see being so bold as to hold something i.e. a weapon behind his back in a Walmart...he isn't checking behind him to see if anyone is watching. Walmarts are never not busy, as far as I know.

Really, I'm not getting much from that still photo, it is incredibly blurry.
This is night 6-they have to be either far far away, in hiding in someone's home, or jusr driving. I wonder if LE can determine approx. how much cash they could have, by talking to the mom's family, regarding her habits with cash, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member