GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am blown away. Someone on here wrote that it was clear that the family thinks she went willingly. How so? I didn't see the press conference, so I don't know.

I just don't know how a little girl would willingly run away with a not so attractive 32 year old man who just killed her mother. I am scared.

Who is HELPING him? - I think the tent is a decoy. I hope he is not connected to any child *advertiser censored* rings. Does LE have his computer or phone records yet? Did he even have one?

His bank account?

We do not know exactly when he worked or quit work in the "landscaping business". Since he apparently moved into TS's home in October, if he was still getting any sort of paycheck, he had no expenses, other than gas for his old SUV, so he could have saved a couple paychecks. We don't even know his previous residence immediately prior to moving in with her. There may be some other woman he lived with for a while and his "plan" did not materialize with her, so he moved to his next potential victims, TS and BS.

I also wish someone would have asked LE if they thought there was any connection with the butchered cow in Botetourt County. This may not have even occurred to them either. Remember they said they want all calls, even if they could end up to be "silly". He said we have followed many tips that have turned out to be silly ones but they still want all tips.

Maybe someone should PM the reporter from WDBJ and ask if he has heard this discussed. I cannot remember his name. I cannot even find any posts from him or remember exactly when he joined the WS thread.

chrislhurst is his username

I was just in the Salem Walmart to buy a printer ink cartridge. I walked out the same set of doors they did = very eerie feeling. It's my normal routine to be in Walmart 3-5 times a week because I'm always forgetting something on my list ; so when I walked into the store, I was thinking of them, but lost train of thought as I was inside yet I noticed I was taking in more of what was going around me, but as soon as I was leaving to go outside, I caught myself thinking of JSE and BS because I saw the camera while walking out the set of doors.

I noticed that there were a lot of Roanoke Co cops out. I passed at least 6 that I could count, which is more than usual.

Is the camera very visible? Do you think he saw them?

I wonder while he was doing the online courting of Mom, if he was talking to Brit behind mom's back the whole time.

Getting to know "the family" ....both him and mom making sure BS was ok with him being there, maybe.

I wish we knew if he had any siblings. They're not letting a whole lot of info out about this guy that's for sure.

This what I can tell you he has family in NC. I read he had a sister. On his facebook page most of the Easley have been remove (for good reasons)

From my notes might be family
Guildford county
Greensboro, NC
Kill Devil, NC (Dare County)
Ayden ,NC (Pitt County)
Martinsville, NC (Rockingham County)
Also Greensville, Nc

Also a ex from Al...not sure where but I just can not see him running back toward a ex.:waitasec:

-Urging people to call in no matter how small or silly they feel the tip is.

Kudos for them saying that. No offense to anyone on weblseuths but I have seen comments lik ethat made on here. People were questioning the tips people were coming up with because they thought it seemed out there or because the person seemed weird to them. It's funny that LE are coming out with this because I just posted/said the same thing that LE did earlier today(in the morning hours) when people came across that tip from the guy who commented on the CNN article! I am glad the police are urging that becuase no matter how out there the tip seems or who it is coming in it they should ALWAYS be called in! I've seen more comments like that on other cases too so I am glad that was said!

I wonder while he was doing the online courting of Mom, if he was talking to Brit behind mom's back the whole time.
I bet he pitted them both against each other. All kids get mad at their parents at one time or anyother, however, murder is usually not in their minds. He played BS and Tina.

Just called in a tip when I was at Shell this Morning saw a big white moving Van with a man with bleached blond hair and black Eyebrows he was very skinny... , a AL plates on the van ,

and the guy that was with him kind of looked like JE not allot but Kind of...

The weired thing was they were acting really strange while I was watching them.....

Could have been because I was giving them the "Stink Eye" LOL

I am blown away. Someone on here wrote that it was clear that the family thinks she went willingly. How so? I didn't see the press conference, so I don't know.

I just don't know how a little girl would willingly run away with a not so attractive 32 year old man who just killed her mother. I am scared.

Who is HELPING him? - I think the tent is a decoy. I hope he is not connected to any child *advertiser censored* rings. Does LE have his computer or phone records yet? Did he even have one?

His bank account?

I watched the presser, but I didn't pick up on how her family knows she went willingly. That never really crossed my mind. To me, her family just seemed extremely worried, begging Brittany to return home safe, and pleading with Easley to let her go.

I'm starting to think that maybe Easley has her convinced (after all, she's only 12) that if she goes to the police/doesn't stay on the run, police will put her in jail for her moms murder (or aiding with it, something along those lines). Even if she did nothing wrong...I think it's possible he has her convinced that she is somehow responsible for her moms death, and therefore has to stay on the run. That may even be how he convinced her to go in the first place.

I haven't heard anything about LE having access to his computer, cell, bank accounts, etc. but I'd assume they do..that's typically the first thing they look at.

I've been at work and just checking in. Don't have time to catch up but did skim through....

Did anyone send the article relating to the cow butchering to the tipline email? If not, I will. I will also send name and direct phone number for the POC in charge of traffic cameras on I-81. It was mentioned yesterday and I stated that I doubt good imaging exists but did get on trafficland website today and noticed the newer cameras have better imaging. If LEs won't release information relating to whether or not JE and BS returned home after walmart; they may have resources "in the know" to view any imaging that can be handed over to them. It's doubtful but worth a shot that something can give a clue on direction of travel.

Found it discouraging that some of the basic questions haven't been answered for the public to assist which is:
Did Brittany go to school on Friday?
Where was his vehicle abandoned?
Mom's time of death?
and why didn't they get warrants to FB & MySpace immediately? They are only posting JE's FB profile picture today?!?!?! As I posted earlier his friends are dropping like flies off his page and could be the same for BS which may mean one or more of those friends knows something.

Just called in a tip when I was at Shell this Morning saw a big white moving Van with a man with bleached blond hair and black Eyebrows, a AL plates,

and the guy that was with him kind of looked like JE not allot but Kind of...

The weired thing was they were acting really strange while I was watching them.....

Could have been because I was giving them the "Stink Eye" LOL

Kudos to you for calling that in, CN2Souls. The tip may not pan out, but those are the exact tips LE needs right now..sightings, anything like that.

No tip is too silly. Great job calling that in...it might be a long shot, but I really hope it's Easley and Brittany. She needs to come home :(

Duckingoff- I know the cow butchering thing was talking about here on WS, but I don't remember anyone saying they reported it to the tip line. It may not hurt if you want to re-report it, in case it hasn't been reported already.

I know it wasn't mentioned at the presser today (I thought for sure it would be) so I think making LE aware of it (if they aren't already) is definitely a good idea.

Kudos to you for calling that in, CN2Souls. The tip may not pan out, but those are the exact tips LE needs right now..sightings, anything like that.

No tip is too silly. Great job calling that in...it might be a long shot, but I really hope it's Easley and Brittany. She needs to come home :(

I even used my Big Fat Black Mag Sharpie to right the plate number on my arm so I wouldn't forget it...

Note to self: don't use sharp on skin it doesn't come off...

I've been at work and just checking in. Don't have time to catch up but did skim through....

Did anyone send the article relating to the cow butchering to the tipline email? If not, I will. I will also send name and direct phone number for the POC in charge of traffic cameras on I-81. It was mentioned yesterday and I stated that I doubt good imaging exists but did get on trafficland website today and noticed the newer cameras have better imaging. If LEs won't release information relating to whether or not JE and BS returned home after walmart; they may have resources "in the know" to view any imaging that can be handed over to them. It's doubtful but worth a shot that something can give a clue on direction of travel.

Found it discouraging that some of the basic questions haven't been answered for the public to assist which is:
Did Brittany go to school on Friday?
Where was his vehicle abandoned?
Mom's time of death?
and why didn't they get warrants to FB & MySpace immediately? They are only posting JE's FB profile picture today?!?!?! As I posted earlier his friends are dropping like flies off his page and could be the same for BS which may mean one or more of those friends knows something.
I too have been on VDOT trafficams and most of the time they are not that clear, however, some cameras I have used actually get a pretty good closeup of the vehicles. The ones along the Christiansburg exit can definitely pick up some good detail. I bet they are not recorded though or it they are, deleted pretty quickly.

I even used my Big Fat Black Mag Sharpie to right the plate number on my arm so I wouldn't forget it...

Note to self: don't use sharp on skin it doesn't come off...

rubbing alcohol should get it off. :)

I got the vibe that she went willingly. I'm not sure why, but that's why I referenced the Valessa Robinson case. If Brittany was indeed infatuated with this guy, then I could see her, in the moment, thinking her mother is disposable. Especially if her mother was catching on to something untoward. Maybe Brittany was terrified of having her HCB tossed out.

Valessa was 15 when she held her mom's legs down as Adam Davis killed her. Not much bigger or older than Brittany. Girls hit puberty faster and faster every day.

I'm not saying Brittany isn't desperately scared now, but if she was obsessed with JE and suffering mental issues after her brother's death, then I don't think it's farfetched that she'd decide to make a decision to be with him, no matter what.

I know you can't judge a person by their photos all the time, but Brittany seems to be a young girl who desperately wants to be older. She looks older. She seems somewhat provocative in a few. Taking the last name of her mother's boyfriend after they broke up? Was she taking ownership?

I don't think BS scared HIM off with the last name bit. I think she "screwed it up" by changing it so her mother could see. Her mother puts her foot down and forbids BS to see JE--decides to toss him out. Now BS messed it all up and it has to be fixed. Bye, mom.

Maybe she realizes what's happened now and the finality of it all, but my first reaction was that this wasn't an abduction in the sense that she was dragged kicking and screaming. Still one in the sense that she's a 12 year-old little girl.

I was just in the Salem Walmart to buy a printer ink cartridge. I walked out the same set of doors they did = very eerie feeling. It's my normal routine to be in Walmart 3-5 times a week because I'm always forgetting something on my list ; so when I walked into the store, I was thinking of them, but lost train of thought as I was inside yet I noticed I was taking in more of what was going around me, but as soon as I was leaving to go outside, I caught myself thinking of JSE and BS because I saw the camera while walking out the set of doors.

I noticed that there were a lot of Roanoke Co cops out. I passed at least 6 that I could count, which is more than usual.

Japandaaa_ did you happen to notice what was against the wall on your right as you were leaving? We can all see in the surveillance photo that it looks like a table or bin filled with stacks or cups behind them. But was there something else (maybe a metal stand of some sort) that could be a "leg" that is what showed up in the photo as the "whatever is sticking out behind his back"? (that people are speculating could be a weapon?)

did that make sense?

I wish we knew if he had any siblings. They're not letting a whole lot of info out about this guy that's for sure.

THere was a woman on his fb friend's list that's last name was Easley. Possibly a sister? Cousin?

His bank account?

It appeared to me just the opposite. The aunts seemed to be saying for him to "please let her come home" or "let her go" something like that. I personally did not pick up on anything implying they thought she did go willingly.

As bad as I hate to admit it, the child *advertiser censored* ring has crossed my mind. That could be who would be helping him, but it is very, very hard to even think this.

Also, just cannot understand how anyone could still be his "friend" on FB. Has anyone checked the latest count of his "friends" lately? I will go look myself too. When Mr. Lavinder mentioned they could be in a garage somewhere, it hit me there are so very many old, nearly falling down garages in Roanoke City area, and at least once it was reported that JE was seen in SE Roanoke on Friday. Some of these old run down, probably not used in years, garages are even near a hospital in Roanoke. Not that means anything being near a hospital, but just saying how they are everywhere, especially in Roanoke City.

One last thing, how did this guy just show up all of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, have so many "so called friends" on FB but we cannot seem to find out when or where he last worked, lived, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish