GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bothered when the family talked and kept asking Jeff to let her come home, that not one of them said "She's only a child"

Presser Recap

-Over 500 tips. Police are pursuing every one of them.

-Been almost a week since the last confirmed sighting. Gives LE a great deal of concern.

-Sightings from as far away as Florida, none panned out.

-Missing and Exploited Children will begin putting Brittany's photos on billboards in North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, and Ohio.

-Easley may have lost weight. May be closer to 215lbs at this point.

-Brittany's aunt is on speaking to her. Saying she is ready for Brittany to come home. Pleading with Mr. Easley to please let Brittany come home for Christmas.

-Brittany's other aunt is also pleading with Easley to do the right thing.

-Public should be aware that Easley may have shaved off facial hair.

-Hundreds of calls from other police agencies offering assistance. Checking camp grounds, overnight parking areas/rest areas, etc.

-Amber Alerts expire after 36 hours. LE is still asking for 24 hour continuances each day to keep Brittany's AA active.

-Requested authorities in North Carolina, Alabama, West Virginia, and Ohio to issue Amber Alerts in their states.

-Urging people to call in no matter how small or silly they feel the tip is.

-No date has been set yet for TS's funeral.

-Notified park rangers/authorities to assist LE in checking camp sites.

-LE is using every piece of technology available.

-Most tips are local..probably 20%-30% are from out of state.

-LE is "very convinced" that they have some sort of resources (money, etc) available to them.

-No more pressers today. Next will be at 12:00pm tomorrow unless something breaks.

The speakers suck on this netbook so I had to stop taking notes. The last lady that talked must have been TS's sister because she really looked like her.
Was BS's Dad there?

No, if he was... he didn't speak at the podium.

did he say Roanoke County has still not asked for a warrant for facebook and myspace?

I was bothered when the family talked and kept asking Jeff to let her come home, that not one of them said "She's only a child"

I don't understand why her father isn't speaking urging for his daughters safe return...

Somehow I don't think, from different postings, that her being a child would matter to him one iota.

IMO, the no sightings in almost a week, could they also be gone now?
murder/suicide?
The thought just came to me, IDNK why

I don't understand why her father isn't speaking urging for his daughters safe return...

I read "somewhere" (can't remember where because there's been so much on this) that her dad is out looking. With him being a police officer, I'm not surprised he's keeping quiet.

Really thinks some one is helping them next update Friday afternoon

IMO, the no sightings in almost a week, could they also be gone now?
murder/suicide?
The thought just came to me, IDNK why
I've had that same fear for days now. He has to know he cant hide with her forever.

I personally don't understand why he thinks JE didn't have any money but what they got from TS card... He could have been saving up for this moment and had a Stash of money....

Bought the Tent as a Decoy

Could BS have had some money stashed? As a 12 year old, I usually had a pretty good amount from birthdays and babysitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish