GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the Breaking News tickler at the bottom of the screen on NG, "Cops swarm FL gas station in search of 12 year old girl abducted after mom murdered," yet no mention of this by the host or guests though they're discussing Brittany?

Just thinking out loud, but what are the chances that JE has come across sites like WS and are keeping tabs on theories, info, etc posted? Also, could he possibly use something like CraigsList for transportation, housing, etc? It'd be virtually impossible to know if it's him, but just a thought.

Ok...I'm confused...and sleepy...and can't figure this statement out.

From your article above (thanks, btw)...(BBM)

Meanwhile Brittany Mae Smith's step-grandmother who is Tina Smith's mom said she hopes Social Services will make the records public. Eliabeth Dyer said she could not say anything more because police have asked her not to speak to the media about the case.

:waitasec::waitasec:

What's up with the Breaking News tickler at the bottom of the screen on NG, "Cops swarm FL gas station in search of 12 year old girl abducted after mom murdered," yet no mention of this by the host or guests though they're discussing Brittany?

It was discussed by the reporter at the very beginning of the show.

Also reporting that both vehicles WERE reported at the home on Friday night. Lady now is asking how he could get rid of one and come back and get the other.

Ok...I'm confused...and sleepy...and can't figure this statement out.

From your article above (thanks, btw)...(BBM)

Meanwhile Brittany Mae Smith's step-grandmother who is Tina Smith's mom said she hopes Social Services will make the records public. Eliabeth Dyer said she could not say anything more because police have asked her not to speak to the media about the case.

:waitasec::waitasec:

I can only think it's a misprint. It could be the step-grandmother but then it'd also be TS's step mom.

Nothing against the little girl's friends, but I am not sure I believe the one friend who says Brittany was afraid of exactly this scenario...I think it might be a little bit of over-excitement on the part of the young friends...

On NG-the ticker makes it sounds as though they caught him at the gas station :(

They are talking about who must have driven that other vehicle...whether that could be an accomplice (or as we discussed here, Brittany? with our member witness perhaps?)

I did see yesterday that Brittany and her brother have different fathers...not sure of the truth of it, but it was posted here at some point...

I still think there is a good possibility JE would have gone back near his hometown..#1:LE thinks he may be getting assistance,#2: Greenville is very close to his hometown of Ayden, Gville has 76K population, there are 30K students at East Carolina Univ. ( my son being 1 of them) I have been there on several occassions,It would be easy enough for JE & BS to change their appearence enough to fit in with the college crowd (believe me you'd never guess these Kids age there):and convince someone there to unknowingly assist them.#3:The TENT: JE could very well not have known of the unusually cold weather in the area for this time of year.( Son was wearing shorts and playing sports ourdoors this time last year,which is more the norm.) If Iwas going to try to dissappear myself,it woul be the easiest for me to do it right here where I live, I know all the area having grown up here,know where people would look and where they wouldn't,lots of seasonal homes know when they'd be in use and when not....but that's just me and MHO
Also of note...TS could have gotten paid on friday and cashed her check that day,and had money that JE would have taken when he took the CC....and they could very well be in CA. by now?

I still think there is a good possibility JE would have gone back near his hometown..#1:LE thinks he may be getting assistance,#2: Greenville is very close to his hometown of Ayden, Gville has 76K population, there are 30K students at East Carolina Univ. ( my son being 1 of them) I have been there on several occassions,It would be easy enough for JE & BS to change their appearence enough to fit in with the college crowd (believe me you'd never guess these Kids age there):and convince someone there to unknowingly assist them.#3:The TENT: JE could very well not have known of the unusually cold weather in the area for this time of year.( Son was wearing shorts and playing sports ourdoors this time last year,which is more the norm.) If Iwas going to try to dissappear myself,it woul be the easiest for me to do it right here where I live, I know all the area having grown up here,know where people would look and where they wouldn't,lots of seasonal homes know when they'd be in use and when not....but that's just me and MHO
Also of note...TS could have gotten paid on friday and cashed her check that day,and had money that JE would have taken when he took the CC....and they could very well be in CA. by now?

I would hope that after they discovered the card used at Wal-Mart, they (LE and bank/CC company) put a flag on the account or closed the account. If the account was flagged, any time it's used they'd know about it and where it was used. At least that's how it was when I worked at a credit union.

On NG they said they or he was spotted at a bank trying to get money. Never said they got the money, only tried to. So I guess that is a good thing. Maybe he will try again.

Rite Aid
2403 Florence Boulevard
Florence, AL

Attachments

• 2403 Florence Boulevard.jpg
    2403 Florence Boulevard.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 35
I don't know about other stations w/ national play, but HLN has had quite a bit of coverage - starts early in the a.m. on Robin Meade's show, Prime News covers it - and JVM & NG.

I haven't watched local Austin tv news in a while - so don't know about what local stations here are doing.

Judging by the local TV news stations websites in FL, KY, OH, AL & TN the case is covered there but it would take a local to tell us if they're hearing on TV or radio.

Well, I live in Northern Ky right near the boarder with Ohio and I have not heard it locally. I watch more national news, but I just checked the local websites, WLWT, WCPO, WKRC and WXIX and not one of them had the amber alert or a story on the home page.
WXIX has a 10 pm news chat line - maybe we should get on there and bombard them to cover the story!

On NG they said they or he was spotted at a bank trying to get money. Never said they got the money, only tried to. So I guess that is a good thing. Maybe he will try again.

If this were credible,I would think they would say which bank and WHERE ?...just saying:banghead:

Well, I live in Northern Ky right near the boarder with Ohio and I have not heard it locally. I watch more national news, but I just checked the local websites, WLWT, WCPO, WKRC and WXIX and not one of them had the amber alert or a story on the home page.
WXIX has a 10 pm news chat line - maybe we should get on there and bombard them to cover the story!

I am in Dayton, so I don't get any of those channels (I don't think, anyway...possibly WXIX?) but I would be more than happy to call in if I can find a number.

Police swarm Okeechobee Blvd. gas station, thought Amber Alert suspect was there
A huge police response to arrest a man believed to be the suspect wanted in a Virgina murder and Amber Alert kidnapping is not the wanted man, according to Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw.
More...

Police: Man found in West Palm Beach, not Jeffrey Easly
The amber alert for Brittany Smith was triggered in Florida Wednesday night, and they are taking it seriously.
Around 10:30 a.m. Thursday, authorities thought they had cornered Jeffrey Easley in a gas station bathroom in West Palm Beach, Florida.
A clerk at the gas station told the sheriff's department the man came in and asked for the key for the bathroom, and the clerk thought he looked familiar. SWAT teams raided the restroom and pulled a man out.
But a short time later, the sheriff indicated they didn't believe it was Easley.
The West Palm Beach Sheriff says the man looked similar to Easley, and he was apparently suffering a drug overdose.
More...

Police access alleged abductor's Facebook
Virginia police said they got access Thursday to the Facebook accounts of a recently slain woman, her daughter and the man suspected of abducting the girl.
Roanoke County police are searching for Brittany Mae Smith, 12, and Scott Easley, 32, who were last seen Friday buying camping supplies at a Walmart in Salem, The Roanoke Times reported.
More...

Hunt continues for missing teen
A police chief said Wednesday that he believes someone is hiding a former Pitt County man who disappeared with a 12-year-old Virginia girl whose mother was found dead.
Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder also said at a news conference that a warrant has been issued charging Jeffrey Scott Easley with abduction. Easley, 32, also faces attempted credit card fraud and credit card larceny charges after using the slain woman's card Friday night at a local Wal-Mart, police have said.
More...

Let Brittany go, relatives ask Easley
Relatives of missing 12-year-old Brittany Smith today asked her accused abductor Jeffrey Easley to drop her off so she can come home for Christmas.
"Mr. Easley, I know you don't know me but sir, please let Brittany come home for Christmas," said Rhonda Blanton, Brittany's aunt.
More...

Family begs for missing girl's return
The family of a missing 12-year-old girl gave a tearful plea for her return Thursday afternoon.
An Amber Alert was issued for Brittany Mae Smith after she disappeared last week in Virginia. She is believed to believed to be with Jeff Easley.
More...

Suspect in missing girl's abduction has criminal history in AL.
Jeff Easley, the suspect wanted in connection to 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith's abduction out of Virginia, has family in Marshall County and lived in north Alabama for several years.
Easley has been arrested at least twice in Marshall County and charged with misdemeanors.
More...

Social Services took calls from Brittany's relatives
At least two phone calls were made to Social Services in the days before Brittany Mae Smith disappeared. Those calls were from relatives who were afraid something wasn't right with Jeff Easley and Brittany living in the same house.
A family member called Halifax County Social Services last week and social services confirms that a person who called there got a referral number.
Brittany's step-grandmother told News 7 that she called and made a complaint but was told if there is no physical evidence then nothing can be done.
More...

Authorities encourage all tips
Authorities continue to search for Brittany Smith and Jeff Easley.
After the amber alert aired on our newscasts Wednesday evening, Florence police responded to a possible sighting at the Rite Aide off Florence Boulevard.
Police say a man contacted them after he encountered someone matching the suspect's description while doing some shopping inside that store. However, he also said no one was with the man.
More...

Sorry trying to catch up. what state was that in? I know here in FL it has been all over our news.

OK that sounded dumb, the story in general has been all over the news, I was just wondering the state for the bank siteing! thanks!

Sorry trying to catch up. what state was that in? I know here in FL it has been all over our news.

I am not 100% sure but I believe it was on the same night that he made the purchases at Walmart in Salem, VA, that he tried to get money from a bank there in Salem, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member