GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned the Oct. 2, 3, etc status updates in another post but can't find it. All of that was just too bizarre...1st - the public forum where it played out and the seeming estrangement between TS and BS. 2nd - It was as if BS and TS were beside themselves but JE was unfazed by the drama. 3rd - TS seemed to be the third wheel and a bit out of the loop 4th - TS knew this person would "bounce" and cursed him with an Irish Curse for hurting her family, particularly BS. BS thought that was mean. 5th - Suddenly BS is single, announcing same with invites to call her and HCB was left off the posts for a few days. 6th - SOMEONE KICKED IN THE DOOR AND BROKE THE ALARM! Exactly when were we planning to call the law and kick this person to the curb........all this is, of course, open for interpretation... interpretations and opinions are all there will be given the circumstances.

the following is only my opinion/speculation...

the thing that stands out to me in the stream texts is that when it looks like ts and bs are at odds je acts supportive of ts. when ts is po'd at life/relationship (him?) issues then je is silent... i get the idea that je may have been intentionally playing ts and bs against each other - "people splitting" if you will... i want to know if it was je that kicked the door in and "bounced".
bs makes no mention of the door being kicked in... tho ts is so angry she is repetitively issuing "irish curses" at the aggressor... while bs seems only concerned with feeling rejected/abandoned ... the whole thing is just weird to me...

eta: the post that i read about the door being kicked in bs did not do the kicking because bs and ts comment back and forth about ts putting a curse on who kicked the door and bs responds by saying the she shouldnt curse the person... or that is how i interpreted the conversation...

I have not seen anything that indicates she was kicking him out before the dinner. Him leaving came about after her family confronted her about WTF is going on over there?!?!?!?!

The bickering posts I have seen are between Tina and Brittany for the most part. It was Brittany that kicked the door open and broke the clock according the postings.

You are correct that the bickering was mainly between TS and BS but I have read all the posts several times and can't recall an instance where the person's name who kicked in the door and broke the alarm was mentioned. TS posted the same post several times the same day...adding an Irish Curse. It varied insignificantly with each post. BS asked (paraphrasing) her to stop, saying that it was mean. TS responded to BS's comment (again paraphrasing) that no one was going to hurt their family and that he had hurt BS.... read into that what you will.

also the mood that bs associated with her posts for 3-4 days leading into thanx giving day were all sad/blue faces...so i wonder if there was stress about whether je should attend her families dinner since they were unaware of the living arrangements...maybe ts wasnt ready to tell her family about him or ever tell them about him if she was already wanting him to leave?? just pure speculation on my part...

Two questions about the new video:

1) Does he have sunglasses on top of his head?

2) Does he grab her butt as they are walking out of the store?

I'm trying to catch up and have discovered that I have obviously missed a new video. Could you please guide me to a link? Thanks

First off I had a typo in my post...HMU not htu. 2nd - EXACTLY!!! This was a 12 YEAR OLD GIRL!:banghead: And mom was reading and RESPONDING as someone other than a parent would or should. She seemed as clueless as BS and possibly even less proactive and it goes without saying she had grabbed a major corner of Denial. When reading these posts I was amazed that the fervor seemed to die down and the posts actually went back to "normal" (used loosely). I do not shame the friends. Mom had been grieving for over a year...when was she going to snap out of it?? I think she was afraid of losing both BS and JE (not sure which order)...enough to paralyse her and allow herself (and somehow justify that allowance) to ignore what was figuratively jumping up and hitting her over the head. Apparently it has now turned literal.

I too am off the soapbox...

BBM. The truth of the matter is that, more often than not, parents that lose a child to suicide (I realize that it wasn't ruled a suicide, but IMO all choking game deaths may as well be) sometimes never snap out of it. There's never closure. The 'what if' game starts. Most parents will feel an immense amount of responsibility...thinking they should have been able to stop it, should have seen the signs, thinking they had something to do with it, etc. That's a lot for a parent to deal with. Then you add to it the possibility that BS resented her because of what happened for some reason and then it's like mom has lost 2 kids. That's A LOT for a parent to deal with.

I had a friend who was diagnosed with cancer in middle school and had to have his leg amputated. He was doing well all through HS and then 2 years ago, the cancer returned and he killed himself because he didn't want to go through chemo and radiation again. His parents still haven't gotten over it and feel it's their fault.

Ditto... thanks for keeping it real. BS was in profound trouble ie. was/is a depressed and angry 12-going-on-20 girl, TS dropped or totally ignored the ball, JE pounced and grabbed the advantage. Three self absorbed individuals, each with their own agenda. My feelings are uneasy about young BS.

UNEASY that is exactly how I feel. I am glad she was found. I feared he might have gotten her into drugs and exposed her to a dangerous life. Someone has to pay for Tina's murder. I hope BS will have the support and attention she needs moving forward and begin to rebuild her life ina more positive way. MO

also apparent from reading ts stream is that when she said she was a "hopeless romantic" she wasnt kidding either. the bulk of her stream aside from the deceased son was either being in love, missing a perceived lover or getting dumped by a lover... not much else going on with her than that. while i understand that we all want to be loved, i dont think it is the meaning or the reason for existence. i think this attitude toward "love" relationships had an impact on bs... and not necessarily in a healthy way. moo

Ditto... thanks for keeping it real. BS was in profound trouble ie. was/is a depressed and angry 12-going-on-20 girl, TS dropped or totally ignored the ball, JE pounced and grabbed the advantage. Three self absorbed individuals, each with their own agenda. My feelings are uneasy about young BS.

It didn't happen in a bubble though, the neighbors thought he was creepy, her family knew she was immersed in grief, they could all watch Brittany spinning out of control on Facebook. There were pictures of JE and BS posted all over his page.

I understand that Tina's world fell out from underneath her, and maybe she should have dusted herself off and pulled it together, but when she didn't there were a lot of people who didn't do anything.

I can't feel uneasy about Brittany at this point. She was a child with adults surrounding her with messages that what was going on was okay.

if someone kicked my door in they better be prepared for something worse than a curse...lol!

I did a google search and all it seems to be is a curse for a man to have a small penis. I didn't know if there was another meaning or not.

It didn't happen in a bubble though, the neighbors thought he was creepy, her family knew she was immersed in grief, they could all watch Brittany spinning out of control on Facebook. There were pictures of JE and BS posted all over his page.

I understand that Tina's world fell out from underneath her, and maybe she should have dusted herself off and pulled it together, but when she didn't there were a lot of people who didn't do anything.

I can't feel uneasy about Brittany at this point. She was a child with adults surrounding her with messages that what was going on was okay.

I know Brittany wasn't friends with her dad on FB (you can see his friend list) and besides being friends with her mom, we don't know who in her family she was friends with. They might not have seen anything out of the ordinary on FB or MS. Plus, on FB you can block people from seeing certain parts of your profile. If she was friends with any of her family, she may have blocked them from certain pics and status updates.

I don't think BS regretted putting Easley on her FB and MS pages because TS saw it, I think whoever $!NGL3 $WAGG3R is saw it and stopped talking to her.

On 10/02 she posted that she didn't know why she put Easley and HCB on everything and from the 2nd to the 4th she is pleading with $!NGL3 $WAGG3R to call her. I think that may have been her boyfriend until she changed her last name.

$!NGL3 $WAGG3R is Christina N. It comes up as a girl's account, possibly the same friend that told her he is using you. I can no longer access her fb/myspace stream though. If someone has it and can either link or confirm that would be appreciated.
thanks!

I bet JE was playing them against each other and he was the "good guy" depending on which side he was on at the moment. He needed mom to keep him around - so he was goody goody to her and he wanted BS to rely on him as someone on her side and against her mom. I wonder how often JE and BS were alone in that home while TS was at work or where ever? That is how JE worked his majic on BS, by being alone with her so much, she became to trust him and maybe her feelings for him changed, however, she was not old enough to handle those feelings. I think BS was forced to grow up beyond her years in a short amount of time. JE knew exactly what he was doing, he had it made in that house, especially if he was not working much (free ride) and he had access to a child, but all the while he had a live in girlfriend/provider to boot. For some reason some of these men do not think they are doing anything wrong when it comes to kids. (My dad was a child molester and he actually thought it his right for some reason. My children were NEVER anywhere near him that I was not right there, they never got to go spend time with him/his wife at the time, ever and they knew the reason why). I think JE never even considered the outcome of his actions, he wanted what he wanted and would do whatever it took to get it. I don't think he started out to actually kill TS, but rage and the fact he was not gonna have access to his wants made it happen. Men like this are just sick and there is no cure for them IMO. If they get arrested, they are back on the streets sooner or later to victimize another child. I do however know one man that is serving life for raping his 12 year old step daughter and had been doing it for a few years as we suspected also his 2 daughters from a previous marriage as well. That is the exact punishment I think should go to all of them.

This is all MOO - I have read back through BS's MySpace status updates for over a year. She was obviously very depressed and upset over her brother's death - to the point of obsessing on it. Once "Jeff", aka "HCB" entered the picture, he gets added to the end of every update as well. Typically, the last line of her udpates went something like this:

"rip wtm imu ilu n inu ! (hcb)ily.!" - Translated: Rest In Peace, William Tyler Matherly, I miss you, I love you and I need you! (Handcuff buddy), I love you!

The other thing that struck me after reading back so far, is how close she was to Tina. She frequently stated that she loved her Mom, and she was frequently stating that her and her Mom were going to a movie, going to dinner, going on a trip, etc. I have a lot of fears for BS, but one of the greatest fears I have after reading how strong the past relationship with her Mom was, is that JE somehow made BS think perhaps her Mom was responsible for her brother's death. I can just hear him psychologically tell BS things like "well, if she hadn't sent him away, he would still be alive". I think he is a predator, and he will look for a weak link, and manipulate it to his advantage. If that is the case - BS will have a hard time coming to terms with this in the future too. God Bless that girl.... something HUGE happened to change her from the girl that loved going to the movies with her Mom and frequently told her Mom that she loved her, to going to San Francisco with JE.

BBM. The truth of the matter is that, more often than not, parents that lose a child to suicide (I realize that it wasn't ruled a suicide, but IMO all choking game deaths may as well be) sometimes never snap out of it. There's never closure. The 'what if' game starts. Most parents will feel an immense amount of responsibility...thinking they should have been able to stop it, should have seen the signs, thinking they had something to do with it, etc. That's a lot for a parent to deal with. Then you add to it the possibility that BS resented her because of what happened for some reason and then it's like mom has lost 2 kids. That's A LOT for a parent to deal with.

I had a friend who was diagnosed with cancer in middle school and had to have his leg amputated. He was doing well all through HS and then 2 years ago, the cancer returned and he killed himself because he didn't want to go through chemo and radiation again. His parents still haven't gotten over it and feel it's their fault.

I hear and agree with what you are saying and point out that it is speculation that she failed her daughter because of her grief. My question about her "snapping out of it" was rhetorical. My point was and is that it had been 14 or more months, she had another child to raise (younger than the one she lost) and was obviously making an attempt to get on with her life as evidenced by her relationship with JE. I can only opine that she, for whatever reason, chose to ignore the countless and glaring red flags announcing her 12 year old daughter was in deep trouble.

Thank you for your quick reponse with the video. I feel much better now, LOL. I've noticed that BS does not have a purse with her on any of the videos. I'm also wondering if she was allowed to take one with her at all, but it is strange that she took a lot of bags (luggage) but isn't carrying her purse. But then, she may have been forced to leave it behind. This little tidbit lends to the theory that she did not leave willingly. As pointed out in the video, the two of them aren't wearing jackets in very cold weather. :waitasec:

This guy I know at the age of 27 slept with a 13 year old girl and got her pregnant in our neighborhood. This little girl was "in love" with him and threatened her mother if she dared press charges. The girl would follow him around the neighborhood and beat up any girl who even looked his way - it was sick. She got an abortion and he was never charged. His parents blamed the girl saying she pratically threw herself at him and I remember seeing him crying when the fight poured out into the street - he was saying he tried to tell her to leave him alone.

I was 14 and felt SORRY FOR HIM.

So the brain of a 12 year old is not the same as that of a 33 year old. I am disgusted at this man today - but back then I couldn't make sense of the fact that HE was the perp.
Brittany seemed to have no sense of right and wrong and consequences so I am uneasy about her situation.

MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member