GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something. Who is this? Guy from the store? Store clerk?

Snipped:
A man who police say bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV just before Easley departed Roanoke County with 12-year-old Brittany Smith "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom, Roanoke police said today in a search warrant affidavit.
"McElvy could have assisted in the murder" because of "the inconsistencies in McElvy and McClure's statements and the possibility that McElvy was with Easley at the Apple Market, which is in close proximity of the crime scene and within the time parameters of the victim's death," the warrant said.

McElvy and McClure have a television, DVD player, DVDs and a Nintendo Wii game console that were taken from Tina Smith's house, the the warrant said.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/270753

Man, oh man. I don't like where this is going, at all.

McElvy and McClure have a television, DVD player, DVDs and a Nintendo Wii game console that were taken from Tina Smith's house, the the warrant said.

The warrant allows police to search the Garden City Boulevard house where McElvy and McClure live for blood, hair and goods stolen from Tina Smith's house.

So not only does he buy the SUV, he has possessions of TS's at his house? Hinky.

Also, JM & AMc have two little boys. I feel so sorry for them.

Snipped:
A man who police say bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV just before Easley departed Roanoke County with 12-year-old Brittany Smith "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom, Roanoke police said today in a search warrant affidavit.
"McElvy could have assisted in the murder" because of "the inconsistencies in McElvy and McClure's statements and the possibility that McElvy was with Easley at the Apple Market, which is in close proximity of the crime scene and within the time parameters of the victim's death," the warrant said.

Wow. Completely missed that one! Thanks for the information!

Do you have a link to the Florida Law that states a minor must be ID when the adult is buying the smokes/beer?

I don't know if it is a law in Indiana or not but that is how it is here. If I go buy alcohol and there is someone with me, they are also carded. Not sure about cigs tho.

This is the guy who was with them at the store, and now has some of TS's possessions in his home.

Wow that guy kind of looks like the store clerk that gave the interview too. Thanks for clearing it up because it would be really messed up if they were one and the same person.

UGH...what if JE told BS that someone broke into the house and killed her mother? That way she wouldn't have tried to run from him. She may have even felt the need to cling to him more. She'd be sad, and probably wanting her family/dad, but not really having a fear of JE, kwim?

Also, what happened to the story of them arguing at the store? Did this change?

Snipped:

He hasn't posted since the day Tina was found dead.
Was her arrested for possession of stolen property at that time?
Or just laying low?

Criminal record is a bunch of petty stuff, nothing violent or sexual. No theft.

He hasn't posted since the day Tina was found dead.
Was her arrested for possession of stolen property at that time?
Or just laying low?

Criminal record is a bunch of petty stuff, nothing violent or sexual. No theft.

The warrant allows police to search the Garden City Boulevard house where McElvy and McClure live for blood, hair and goods stolen from Tina Smith's house.

Neither McElvey nor McClure could immediately be reached for comment. Neither has been charged with any crime, said Teresa Hamilton Hall, spokeswoman for Roanoke County police.

Also in his 12/5 facebook post he is claiming to have too much on his mind and not enough time to act. Tina was murdered on 12/3 and discovered in her home on 12/6.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115192928023&v=wall#!/profile.php?id=100001340856057&v=wall

Wonder what the level of involvement is with these two men. Were they involved in the murder or did JE simply sell off items from the Smith home to them in an attempt to rustle up more cash for his absconding with BS? Wonder if they contacted LE upon the discovery of Tina's body and LE has had their cooperation all this time on the down low or if they were arrested when discovered with the items without having come forward.

I will be very intersted in hearing what their story is.

ETA TexasLil answered me before I could even get the arrest question posted.

I swear JE intentionally props that door open at the AM when he enters, and then he has something he goes back to the door, throws it down, kicks it under the door and is looking outside to make sure someone else is there. While he is looking outside, the guy in the blue sweatshirt tries to distract the clerk by asking for directions. I think it was a key to Tina's house, and a 3rd party come in to retrieve the key. I would love to see the video from in that store for about the next hour after JE/BS leave in the red SUV and the other guy leaves in the purple car. Maybe the DVD palyer, etc. were "sold" to the guys???? Surely, they wouldn't go to a house with a body in it and calmly just steal the stuff??? Where was Tina during all of this???:waitasec:

I swear JE intentionally props that door open at the AM when he enters, and then he has something he goes back to the door, throws it down, kicks it under the door and is looking outside to make sure someone else is there. While he is looking outside, the guy in the blue sweatshirt tries to distract the clerk by asking for directions. I think it was a key to Tina's house, and a 3rd party come in to retrieve the key. I would love to see the video from in that store for about the next hour after JE/BS leave in the red SUV and the other guy leaves in the purple car. Maybe the DVD palyer, etc. were "sold" to the guys???? Surely, they wouldn't go to a house with a body in it and calmly just steal the stuff??? Where was Tina during all of this???:waitasec:

If this was the intention why wouldn't they meet in a dark alley rather than in a store with cameras that would force him to be kicking keys around?

mo

Wonder what the level of involvement is with these two men. Were they involved in the murder or did JE simply sell off items from the Smith home to them in an attempt to rustle up more cash for his absconding with BS? Wonder if they contacted LE upon the discovery of Tina's body and LE has had their cooperation all this time on the down low or if they were arrested when discovered with the items without having come forward.

McClure is a female. Here is her FB but it's private. McElvey's facebook claims to be in a relationship with her.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115192928023&v=wall#!/profile.php?id=1057940387

It just doesn't make sense to me that for a relatively small amount of money (seeing as they were panhandling in CA) he got the SUV, the TV, the DVD player, DVDs and the Wii.

(PURE SPECULATION ALERT!)

What if JE didn't actually physically hurt TS? What if he 'hired' AMc to do the task. That phone call in Walmart could be from AMc saying the job is done, and arranging the time/place to meet JE to finish the transaction (turning over the SUV.)

Man oh man...there's so many possibilities with this case. For something that seemed pretty cut and dried it's getting far more confusing now that BS has been found.

I bet he sold these items for cash for their trip. I am not ready tos ay these guys needed to help murder Tina. I think JE did it with his own hands and then sold a bunch of itesm fromt he house. MO

If this was the intention why would they meet in a dark alley rather than in a store with cameras that would force him to be kicking keys around?

mo

I don't know!!! We know he needed a ride to Tina's to get the Dodge Neon, and we know he drove the red SUV away from the AM. I am convinced that they were up to something a LOT bigger than buying a bit of gas and some snuff or whatever they purchased. JE could have just driven the SUV to McElvey's home unless McElvey didn't want him seen at his home.

Neither McElvey nor McClure could immediately be reached for comment. Neither has been charged with any crime, said Teresa Hamilton Hall, spokeswoman for Roanoke County police.

Also in his 12/5 facebook post he is claiming to have too much on his mind and not enough time to act. Tina was murdered on 12/3 and discovered in her home on 12/6.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115192928023&v=wall#!/profile.php?id=100001340856057&v=wall

McClure has drug possession, paraphanelia, and no tabs/registration etc..
I need to make sure these are separate records, but it appears she has multiples on the possession charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member