GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he called his voicemail to appear to be on the phone, make it inconvenient for the checker to ask for ID if they considered asking. Very calculated move.

But he stays on the phone from 3:15 to 3:45 ... almost to the door before hanging up.

Here's the pic for you:

extradition-court-date-jeffrey-easley-still-unknow

I could throw darts at this picture.

-_-

Easley, an ex-landscaper, met Tina Smith online last summer. By October, he was living with the Smith family.
Brittany Smith's great-aunt, Lois Choquette, told ABC affiliate KGO that she first met Easley on Thanksgiving and was immediately suspicious about the way Easley interacted with the seventh-grader.
"He was touching her hair and touching her hands and just gazing at her," said Choquette. "It was like he wanted to consume her with his eyes. It was just gross."
Choquette said she called Child Protective Services and a child abuse hotline four times the following day and never heard back. She also called the girl's mother to express concern, KGO reports.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/brittany-mae-smiths-family-rejoices-safe/story?id=12381530

It also looked like he used cash to pay for something rather than a credit card. Why would he need to show ID if he used cash at WalMart? Was he buying beer?

In late June she mentions watching TV with Jeff, and then hanging out at the pool with Jeff, but could have been another person with the same name, for some reason I don't think so. It could also be that right after he met online with Mom they "dated" so to speak and he was over there a lot before he actually moved in, especially if he lived near. I know MSM makes it seem like she met him and then let him move right in, but that may not be the case at all. IMO, he had longer than a few weeks to be around them.

My bad...you are correct it was the end of June and NOT July as I had said. Brain flatulence :blushing: Thanks!!

Yep...IMO it's JE they are talking about. BS also refers to him as TJ which could be any acronym...Tall Jeff for example and begins calling him HCB. TS is "happy" on 7/29, BS is "happy" on 7/29. TS says she loves Jeff, BS is by the pool with or watching movies with TS, JE and others, TS repeats movies with JE and BS in her post. All conjecture BUT pretty convincing.

I may go against the popular thought here, but what I see (before the wal-mart run and the murder) is a 12 yr old that's riding on her mom's happiness. She changes her last name to Easley on FB/MS because her mom has said she's "Found the one" and moves JE in. Then, once JE gets in the house, he starts the inappropriate behavior towards BS. Mom sees what's happening but doesn't want to see what's happening, KWIM? Then, JE goes to the G'Parent's house for Thanksgiving, and they see the touching, the looks and they tell TS - Hey you need to get rid of JE. So she finally faces facts and is going to kick him out. (All those MS posts - You made your choice ... etc). JE gets mad cos he has no where else to go and he snaps and kills Mom.

JUST MY OPINION and Thoughts only!

Is there an article or video or did you just see this on the news? TIA

I'm not sure what you mean? You quoted my post in which I said:
Great news she's home safe! God Bless! Hope the whole truth comes out eventually and justice is served on whoever it needs to be served on!
Are you wanting a link for me saying she's home safe because I said that based on the information and links already provided here at WS. :)

Tina was the wife of an X LE. What did she see in JE?
Was i having the opposite of her X.
Did she know about his 2 X wives? 2 children?
His rap sheet, problems with the law?
Tina had a lovely home, good job.
She must of been so needy.
She's involved with JE since July, yet her family doesn't meet him
til Thanksgiving?
Tina must of known he wasn't right.
Wonder if she tried to get him out of the house earlier and he just wouldn't leave???

I really think she was lonely, still in mourning for her son and just not thinking straight. JE most likely knew exactly what to say to make her feel better. She probably never imagined he would be interested in a child of 12 and was more than likely heart broken that her family saw it before she did. After all with 2 ex wives, he must have fooled them as well.

I think she may have been into it with him prior to turkey day based on some of her postings on MS starting right before/after turkey day, IMO. He seems the type to tell her he was not leaving, if she had asked him to. I could see him digging in and thinking he had it made living there.

I guess all of this is just speculation on our part and we may never know what really happened. I too find it odd her family had not met him in several months. Also wonder if B mentioned him to her dad when she went to visit?

I was not referring to her post to her brother. I agree, that is normal. The name change to Brittney Easley, and the fact that she was communicating with JE back in June is shocking. I assumed that BS would have met him through his relationship with her Mother, however, the posts on FB say that BS and JE may have known eeach other first.

That is shocking!!

Again, we have no idea when BS changed her name. I could change my name to "Lunar" right this very moment and it would reflect on ALLLLLL of my posts I have ever created. So, seeing a post of BS's with the E last name back in June does not tell us when she changed her name.

Again, we have no idea when BS changed her name. I could change my name to "Lunar" right this very moment and it would reflect on ALLLLLL of my posts I have ever created. So, seeing a post of BS's with the E last name back in June does not tell us when she changed her name.

On 10/2 she makes a posts and regrets she changed her name on everything to E. But not sure when she actually did, but by then she realizes it was wrong to do so.

But he stays on the phone from 3:15 to 3:45 ... almost to the door before hanging up.

or appears to. Again, if this was a nonphonecall it may have been calculated to appear busy and oblivious to those around him while in actuality he was probably paying very close attention to everything and everyone around him, particulary BS.

What follows is not in response to Gizmorose but just thoughts that have ocurred to me while reading the last few pages of posts.

I cannot begin to speculate on whether BS had opportunities to run or not. What I will say is that a much physically larger adult male had her in his control and custody.

We have no idea if BS witnessed the murder of her mother. We have no idea if threats against other family members were made in order to terrify her. We have no idea of really anything that took place while they were MIA. I just know that to a petit 12 year old who lost her brother not long ago and now may have witnessed the murder of her mother, I can imagine threats of harm towards other family members could go a long way in keeping a child passive and compliant. Particularly if that child was led to believe that this was done because of her.

Children need no help in finding ways to blame themselves for the bad behavior of adults around them. If encouraged to think none of this would have happened but for the love of her, what a horrible and frightening burden to bear.

I may go against the popular thought here, but what I see (before the wal-mart run and the murder) is a 12 yr old that's riding on her mom's happiness. She changes her last name to Easley on FB/MS because her mom has said she's "Found the one" and moves JE in. Then, once JE gets in the house, he starts the inappropriate behavior towards BS. Mom sees what's happening but doesn't want to see what's happening, KWIM? Then, JE goes to the G'Parent's house for Thanksgiving, and they see the touching, the looks and they tell TS - Hey you need to get rid of JE. So she finally faces facts and is going to kick him out. (All those MS posts - You made your choice ... etc). JE gets mad cos he has no where else to go and he snaps and kills Mom.

JUST MY OPINION and Thoughts only!

I can absolutely see this. Depressed kid, no father figure in home, brother gone, new youthful, fun, "charismatic" possiblity for mom, hopeful future, Mom is happy again...BUT in the last days of September and beginning of October when the posts from TS & BS start getting hinky is confusing and bizarre. TS, in foul mood for days, on 10/2 chides someone for kicking in her door and breaking her alarm. Then on 10/6 claims her kid "sold her out"...During the same time frame BS is also in a foul mood and has equally cryptic posts about the name change and berating someone for some perceived offense, etc. It just appears as if mother and daughter may be the ones who are estranged.

Though I don't know how long the Smiths have been divorced, I do know that Brittany's father has only been a cop for 2-3 yrs. Before that, he worked in industry.

2nd question.... the guy with the hat and dark jacket. he is with them. they come into the store together. the guy pays for the gas.You can see them talking in line and Easley goes to look out the door to see what pump they're at. the guy pays and then waits for Easley and Brittany at the door. Easley buys something from behind the counter (looks round to me...maybe Skoal?) and then the 3 of them leave

Boy, San Francisco was the PLACE TO BE this weekend! Both Brittany AND Jean were found SAFE. Thank g-d.

Frankly, we should have a new label: "Found Safe, But Traumatized".

The fact that a family member noticed how pervy Easley was acting around Brittany and tried to alert authorities and Brittany's mother, is good to hear, but also so alarming that clearly Smith's mother didn't care or notice. This angers me greatly. Because of this, Brittany's mother paid the ultimate price, and well, Brittany lost her innocence.

I do not know all the details about Brittany and her mother's life/lifestyle and family status PRIOR to this situation, so I won't comment on her father, or anything else. I honestly know nothing about him, other than he is a cop. If someone can cue me in on Brittany, her mother, and her father---and their past, that would be helpful. This thread got really long, fast!

When I have children, in addition to the usual stranger danger banter, I want to talk to them about what they should do IF they ARE taken. Not to believe anything they say, and tactics on how to escape in a public setting (distracting shoppers, employees, playing sick, other tricks). There was a case not too long ago about a (young) girl who was kidnapped by her father, and faked sick to escape---and it was successful. Here is an article: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20023811-504083.html

Someone must have instilled those survival skills into that child. What a bright young girl.

The problem with Brittany's situation is that it seems Easley lured her into a trusted relationship long before the abduction---TIME was on the abductors side. This made it harder to detach from him. What a manipulative sicko. Was he a registered sex offender? If someone could direct me to info on him too, that would be great.

What on earth is JE doing with the door in that video?? He does appear to either look outside to see what pump they are on or something but then he spends forever fiddling around with the door, opening and then closing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member