VA VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RE the van - I have never seen a van with only one window in the back doors. Either both doors have them or neither does. So I am thinking that the witness might mean the door without a window really might be missing a window eg; broken glass so the hole is covered with something OR the van was originally designes with both or without both windows on the back doors but the owner changed a door and didn't get an exact match. I would check the salvage yards to see if anyone has enquired about a rear door for a van. BTW what make was the van? IMO

You got me thinking....maybe this van is listed in an accident report somewhere (MSM: "recently repaired", plus your mention of the unmatched door/salvage yard, etc.). The problem is, what city / county / state would it be in even if it is on file. Wonder if there's some kind of national database listing vehicles involved in accidents (don't think so, but who knows...)...

I also think craigslist should be scrutinized.

RE the van - I have never seen a van with only one window in the back doors. Either both doors have them or neither does. So I am thinking that the witness might mean the door without a window really might be missing a window eg; broken glass so the hole is covered with something OR the van was originally designes with both or without both windows on the back doors but the owner changed a door and didn't get an exact match. I would check the salvage yards to see if anyone has enquired about a rear door for a van. BTW what make was the van? IMO

I've been taking note of windows on rear doors on vans all day for educational purposes. I haven't seen one with just one single window all day! Not that they don't exist (more research required here)...great idea to check the salvage yards! Good insight on the van / window re: the glass, door, etc. (He could have also had the window purposely blacked out / removed, etc.)

I've been taking note of windows on rear doors on vans all day for educational purposes. I haven't seen one with just one single window all day! Not that they don't exist (more research required here)...great idea to check the salvage yards! Good insight on the van / window re: the glass, door, etc. (He could have also had the window purposely blacked out / removed, etc.)

Is it possible the original door was damaged and his replacement was windowless?

Anyone know what type of construction is going on (road, utility, etc.)?

Is Hollybrooke in city limits or un-incorporated county?

Recently (not extremely recent) there was a traffic light installed and a turning lane put in at the next interestion after holleybrooke.

I also would like to mention in the last few years this area has had reports of attempted abductions.

http://www.wric.com/story/15908248/second-attempted-abduction-in-spotsylvania

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=20011009&id=AjQzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3QgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=6248,2203882

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Another-Attempted-Abduction-in-Spotsylvania-County-133320773.html

Might help if someone came forward to claim the bike. If it's not related to the supposed abducted boy, then LE can at least rule out he'd been riding it previously.

FWIW, the news report on TV described that the window on the right door was actually missing, not that the door wasn't supposed to have one. I have no idea which is correct.

FWIW, the news report on TV described that the window on the right door was actually missing, not that the door wasn't supposed to have one. I have no idea which is correct.

Hi Hollye... that is one of the things that has been reported since the beginning, that the door had no window and the door was missing the window.... along with a white tank top and a black tank top on the perp. If msm gets nothing right, I wish they would at least get the facts relating to missing and endangered people correct. jmo

I think the police need to consider this child might be a girl since I haven't heard any reason why it is positively a boy. I also think it is possible this guy was only in the area looking for an opportunity to snatch a child, found it and has left the area. He may not even work around there.

It is my hope that come tomorrow evening, when people are returning from the holiday weekend or Monday as people return to work and talk with co-workers, police will get a better grasp on this situation. If not a missing child report, at the very least I hope they find this work truck so police can determine what happened. omo

Something like this maybe?

http://www.dkhardware.com/product-24447-vw40391l-fixed-window-left-rear-door-1997-chevy-gmc-vans-23-1-8-x-20-1-16.html?mr:trackingCode=D752A810-CDE0-E111-9B44-001B21BCB944&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=18074697612&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=40818742692&gclid=CPbYnLGQmrgCFZA7MgodTUAA9A

image-resize.aspx

If I remember correctly, the witness said the van was missing one of the windows. Not that it only had one window. Now LE says one of the windows was tinted and the other wasn't?

So, nobody has reported their child missing in the area since yesterday yet...this could be good or not so good news.

I was inclined to think this might be an autistic child who wandered off and greatly overreacted to a parent retrieving them.

The key thing here, though, is the bike. A parent wouldn't leave the bike behind.

Unless the bike doesn't belong to the child, and he picked it up somewhere in the neighborhood - in which case, you'd think the bike owner would come forward and claim it.

Strange, strange story. I've certainly seen these before, though - where witnesses report a child being dragged off and nothing ever comes of it.

Yeah, the only thing that makes no sense is the bike. Maybe the witness was right when they said the kid was walking and then stopped to look at the bike? Then, who's bike is it? What if he stole it from a house whose occupants are away?

If the child has been seen in the area ( for how long? days? weeks?) by the neighbors, where was he staying? Is there any homeless areas nearby? Could he be a runaway from another area, maybe staying with other homeless people in the area? I assume they would not be likely to report him 'missing' I WISH they would make a sketch of the boy- maybe parents or friends would recognize him.
Is it possible the guy in the van was in the area LOOKING for this particular child? Not just ANY child, but this boy in particular? Custody dispute? ( although a bit old for that maybe..?)
This is a little O/T but how did the abductor get close enough to the boy ( or any abductor, alone... ) to grab him and pull him into the passenger side door, get back into the drivers side, and drive off? I have sat in my SUV and tried to think how I would have to crawl over the console, open a door, grab someone, get the door shut again, get back OVER the console... I just cant figure how someone would do that. I know with Jaycee Dugand, the wife helped grab her ( IIRC).. but one person alone? How close would you have to pull up?? ( I clearly would make a terrible abductor! or at least an extremely clumsy one! )

If you abducted a child and were raising him as your own... then one day someone abducts that child, do you call the police and report the child missing?? just thinking

I'm still very confused and concerned that we don't know anymore now than when this happened. It sounds like the eye witness was really interrogated by police, so I believe it really happened. But...who is this child?

If the child has been seen in the area ( for how long? days? weeks?) by the neighbors, where was he staying? Is there any homeless areas nearby? Could he be a runaway from another area, maybe staying with other homeless people in the area? I assume they would not be likely to report him 'missing' I WISH they would make a sketch of the boy- maybe parents or friends would recognize him.
Is it possible the guy in the van was in the area LOOKING for this particular child? Not just ANY child, but this boy in particular? Custody dispute? ( although a bit old for that maybe..?)
This is a little O/T but how did the abductor get close enough to the boy ( or any abductor, alone... ) to grab him and pull him into the passenger side door, get back into the drivers side, and drive off? I have sat in my SUV and tried to think how I would have to crawl over the console, open a door, grab someone, get the door shut again, get back OVER the console... I just cant figure how someone would do that. I know with Jaycee Dugand, the wife helped grab her ( IIRC).. but one person alone? How close would you have to pull up?? ( I clearly would make a terrible abductor! or at least an extremely clumsy one! )

I don't know how, either, but I've seen it demonstrated by LE. The driver was able to snatch a kid through the passenger window without leaving the driver's seat, while moving at parking lot speed.

Though since there's a description of the suspect's pants, it sounds like he probably did leave the vehicle.

I'm wondering whether he was trying to escape some kind of cult?

If you abducted a child and were raising him as your own... then one day someone abducts that child, do you call the police and report the child missing?? just thinking
Far-fetched? Someone here mentioned Kyron Hormon as a possibility. While I personally do not believe sweet Kyron is with us anymore, it is an intriguing thought. Someone has to know something about this van, it's too detailed a description. Only a matter of time, IMO.

<Modnote: This is a separate case w/similar circumstances> The 11-year-old said she was walking home on Tuesday when an unknown man grabbed her in the 43600 block of Mink Meadows Street.

Police said he is described as a Hispanic man in his mid to late 20s with brownish-green eyes and thick dark brown or black hair. He was also described as 5’10" to 6' tall with a normal build and tan complexion. He was said to be wearing a black hoodie over a black t-shirt with baggy blue jeans.

Police also said the man has facial freckles, a big nose, a flesh colored mole on or near his left nostril and a black mole near the upper right side of his hairline.

The incident happened around 7:45 p.m. The child ran home and did not require any medical treatment. Loudoun County Sheriff's Deputies and Fairfax County Police searched the area, but did not find the suspect.

2629483_G.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena
Back