VA VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wanted to let you guys know, my mom talked to my aunt and everybody is fine! Thanks for caring. I know it's hard to say that in text without sounding sarcastic, but I genuinely mean it. Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread with all this!

Just wanted to let you guys know, my mom talked to my aunt and everybody is fine! Thanks for caring. I know it's hard to say that in text without sounding sarcastic, but I genuinely mean it. Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread with all this!

It's always better to be safe than sorry! Don't apologize! I'm thrilled by the news and thanks for the update!

You didn't derail the thread. I'm glad you heard from your aunt and all are well! :)

Oh, I'm so glad it's good news. It wasn't derailing at all -- you had serious reason to be worried.

Now if we can just find who this boy is...

Good news is pretty much always welcome around here I think! IMO and all. :)

Well, in the case of this 'kidnapped (or not) child- I'd have to say that 'No news is good news'. The longer the silence from LE- the better in this girl's opinion.

I am still seeing lots of unmarked suvs and Le cars driving around the area. 3 times as many everytime I leave the house. So I duuno what to think of it.

Perhaps i missed the explanation somewhere, but is there a reason this little guy is still listed as "Unidentified" -- ?? No name anywhere in any MSM articles from what i see -- ??

Perhaps i missed the explanation somewhere, but is there a reason this little guy is still listed as "Unidentified" -- ?? No name anywhere in any MSM articles from what i see -- ??

No one reported a child missing.

Basically, the only info we have is an eyewitness account of an alleged abduction. No idea who it was that was abducted, since no child has gone missing from the area that LE is aware of, or that has been reported. So no name, and I hope, no real victim here at all.

Hopefully missing adults have been crosschecked as well, just in case the parent, who may have occasional custody, has been harmed.

I'm thinking out loud here about the van involved in the abductions.

Is there any way possible that the color of the van can be constantly changed?

Is there a special kind of paint that could be applied to the van that can easily be washed off?

Here are some things to think about regarding the van involved in the area where the Spotsylvania abduction occurred.

Are there any weekly newspapers in the area that has a handyman services listing in the classified section of the newspaper?

A handyman could have been working in the neighborhood or a contractor could have been installing cable tv, sattelite dish, or broadband in the area.

Consumer complaints regarding any work involving a handyman or contractor over incomplete or shoddy work, work never performed, or reports of burglaries or attempted break ins prior to the abduction should be looked into for any possible link.

Check this out:
http://www.engadget.com/2005/01/05/maskin-the-temporary-vehicle-paint/

"(We won't dwell on the obvious appeal this product is sure to have for those who might want to temporarily camouflage a vehicle for nefarious reasons, but Akzo does point out that the paint is great for anyone who might "want to change the identity of a car quickly.")

There are all kinds of temporary / washable auto paint products on the market.

My guess is that the kid was here illegally or it was either his father or stepfather who picked him up.

Thats the only reasonable explanation I have for a missing child not being reported.

I think that it would be incredibly callous and irresponsible for police or the public to assume that there is no kidnapped or endangered child in need of immediate rescue. This is the type of rationale used by many to label children as runaways and therefore in do need of rescue.

There are plenty of evil people in this world who would keep quiet even if they know who this boy or kidnapper is. People who are doing illegal things...selling or possessing illegal drugs, illegal guns, harboring, dating, or the family member of a wanted person, people whose own children bear the bruises scars, and venereal diseases of being beaten or raped by their own family members.

This assault by an adult on a child was witnessed by a person deemed reliable by police. The child, the bike, and the vehicle were observed by multiple witnesses on multiple separate occasions in the days leading up to the attack. The witness saw the child bite the attacker and use the bike to try to defend himself. Even if the kidnapper was know by or related to the child, this boy is in great danger if not already dead. Anyone who would treat any human being like that is not normal, they are evil.

MOO

Now tell me, if this kidnapper has nothing to hide, why was he seen cruising the neighborhood in the days prior to the attack, but neither the boy or the van has been seen since, even with increased police presence and public awareness?

Is there a special kind of paint that could be applied to the van that can easily be washed off?

Has been done before, e.g. Robert Leroy Anderson:

As investigators searched Andersons truck they discovered several receipts for duct tape, black water-based Tempura paint, paintbrushes and a bucket, most of which was purchased a few days prior to and on the day Piper went missing. Investigators suspected that the paint was used to disguise Andersons Bronco. Their suspicions would prove to be correct.

They called in experts to analyze the paint job on the truck more closely. Samples were taken and chemically tested. They found that the Bronco had been painted with the same material bought by Anderson around July 29th. The paint used was a kind that could be easily applied and washed off.

Interestingly, a witness claimed that he saw Anderson cleaning his car on the same day Piper disappeared. It was believed he was washing off the paint and ridding the car of any other incriminating evidence.

(Source: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/robert_anderson/index.html - quoted part is on page 3)

I thought of this right at the start, when it seemed the perpetrator (if there is one) might be a painter, but I think he would've covered the visible spot of primer as well. However, the van might have a new permanent color by now.

This probably doesn't matter but it's been bugging me for days now - IIRC only one article said "sky blue" and it was a super early one. All the rest said "medium blue" which is entirely different, IMO

I think that it would be incredibly callous and irresponsible for police or the public to assume that there is no kidnapped or endangered child in need of immediate rescue. This is the type of rationale used by many to label children as runaways and therefore in do need of rescue.

There are plenty of evil people in this world who would keep quiet even if they know who this boy or kidnapper is. People who are doing illegal things...selling or possessing illegal drugs, illegal guns, harboring, dating, or the family member of a wanted person, people whose own children bear the bruises scars, and venereal diseases of being beaten or raped by their own family members.

This assault by an adult on a child was witnessed by a person deemed reliable by police. The child, the bike, and the vehicle were observed by multiple witnesses on multiple separate occasions in the days leading up to the attack. The witness saw the child bite the attacker and use the bike to try to defend himself. Even if the kidnapper was know by or related to the child, this boy is in great danger if not already dead. Anyone who would treat any human being like that is not normal, they are evil.

MOO

Now tell me, if this kidnapper has nothing to hide, why was he seen cruising the neighborhood in the days prior to the attack, but neither the boy or the van has been seen since, even with increased police presence and public awareness?

Well, the most obvious semi-innocent scenario would be that the guy was working on a contract job in the area and had to bring his son along. The son hung out all day while the father worked. Dad finished job, went looking for son, who had wandered too far. Dad is pissed, son doesn't want to go, Dad grabs son and shoves him into the van, maybe leaving the bike as punishment or just so mad he doesn't think to grab it. They leave and he hasn't contacted anybody because he hasn't heard about the case and doesn't know he needs to.

I say "semi" innocent, because the best interpretation I can put on the father's behavior is that he could benefit from anger management.

I am following this closely.I am very concerned about him.Did they trace the bike to anyone? Did it have serial #'s on it or fingerprints on it? Maybe he was visiting someone for the holiday.(maybe the other parent? Dad or mom?)

I am following this closely.I am very concerned about him.Did they trace the bike to anyone? Did it have serial #'s on it or fingerprints on it? Maybe he was visiting someone for the holiday.(maybe the other parent? Dad or mom?)

All indications are that LE is taking this case seriously. Some of the pictures in last week's news sites looked like LE was checking out the bike pretty thoroughly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back