VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that people at Websleuths are top rank in their search and finds. i have to hope L.E. top websleuths, even, and found out who and where this person was and is very, very quickly. this is so top priority.

i imagine they have a direct line to myspace accounts and IPs and seriously can find anyone they want whenever they want. i also, as an aside, hope if i become some massacre maniac and were to advertise any involvement with an 'incident' i created on Websleuths they would be able to tap into or simply contact admin on this site for my IP address and track me down to the Straße i live in and haul me away (cos i'd be off my head should i make a massacre you understand and in my lucid moment i'd want to be hauled away, of course. when i looked back on it) within a very short space of time even though they'd have to do it internationally.

they already know the exact spot you are in in Portland, Oregon should you go nuclear, Scandi. :) and they know i have 27 2nd cousins in Oregon. and i don't support Bush and am talking my emails to said cousins to support Barack — but that's another thread. :)

I think we are top notch too! You know we have a WS'er who has solved the DB Cooper casewith his fellow sleuther, although not for court yet, and is working with a local CBS station here in Portland to name the guy on May 15th. There is a thread about this in Up To The Minute. Makes me feel proud!

I also remember during the SP case I was told in a PM that River, our owner then, had inquiry's several times from LE. That came to light after a poster tried to hack into several PM accounts and got all the messages screwed up - messages for one person on anothers persons account, etc. What a deal that was!

Thanks Ember, I think the myspace situation sounds quite plausible as being a friend or co-conspirator of the killer.

I also read the two killed in the dorm were his GF and the guy she was with, and the guy was shot in the groin.

You're welcome. fwiw, I do too.

Wow, guess that was his motive.....I hadn't heard that yet......but why so many more? Maybe just because he could....sick as that is. Guess he just figured he had already murdered two.....why not make history...loser! It will be interesting to find out who he was and if he was an engineering student with a vandetta.....or was "Unknown" the ENG student w/a vandetta....and they planned it together to hit who both of them had a grief with....who knows! I know I'm going off the edge here....but at this point, I rule nothing out.

Thanks Shadow for the name.

Sending all the Hokies and their families lots and lots of healing wishes....even though I am a WVU fan.....we'll put that aside for now

Welllll, the "shooter" is online on his myspace right now......so, it's either a hoax or the police have effectively hacked his site, as we know they know about it, that's possible but ....hmmmmm, just not too sure what to think....

well, whoever this "unknown" is, he doesn't seem worried a bit about LE getting in touch w/him....in fact he posted that he hopes they do....really weeeeirrrrd.....

well, whoever this "unknown" is, he doesn't seem worried a bit about LE getting in touch w/him....in fact he posted that he hopes they do....really weeeeirrrrd.....

guess he didn't get enough attention as a child.....:loser:

Folks, I apologize for being the fly in the ointment here, but Technorati says that blog entry was posted TWO HOURS ago, no matter what the guy's post stamp says. And I've already queried Technorati about this a long time back -- it's hard to game Technorati's date stamp, as it reflects when the blog search engine was first alerted to the blog post by an automatic "ping" sent as the writer publishes the post.

The profile "Yes..." well -- at the moment, I'd say "no." But I did want to point out that his "I'm online" thing could be irrelevant. I have encountered, time and again, instances where I'm viewing the MySpace account of someone, it has been irrefutably proven as theirs, and they are dead, and it still says "I'm online." That, and contrary to what many of us are accustomed to, if we've been on the Web for a while, kids nowadays often seem to give out their passwords and what-not.

For some reason, I'm feeling very cautious about jumping on sites in this case as being someone's. I usually let the msm give me a name, and then I figure the race is on. Still -- I'm calling on the blog, and doubtful about the "Yes..." profile. Incidentally, that profile looked almost identical on March 24, 2007, according to Google's cache. So it hasn't been altered recently.

Also -- Columbine killers couldn't have had MySpaces -- the site has only been around for 4 years (I know, seems hard to believe now that it's so ubiquitous).

Steve/Mr. A.

Unbelievable, isn't it, that people would write things like that on a public space. Actually that they could even think of saying the things they have here, but I was happy to see several tell this guy he is toast!

I know my email was sent within about 10 min of that myspace link being posted here. The guy was still on line then, and ember, your call had been made before that and they were already on it.

I hope we hear the outcome of this!

Evidence of what, pray tell?

32 innocents' bodies isn't enough evidence for the boy? :loser:

seriously- the guy grilled the campus police and asked the DUMBEST questions. WHO let him in the presser? He wanted to know if his "campus up the road should be worried now"? and "why did it take campus police till 9AM to send an email?" and "I guess the emergency alert system doesn't work well, does it". Dude the President of the University turned RED. :furious:

There was seriously nothing they could have done to prevent this rampage. He said, "we can't have an armed guard outside each classroom". And I believe him.

Poor students and their parents. My heart goes out to them all.

Folks, I apologize for being the fly in the ointment here, but Technorati says that blog entry was posted TWO HOURS ago, no matter what the guy's post stamp says. And I've already queried Technorati about this a long time back -- it's hard to game Technorati's date stamp, as it reflects when the blog search engine was first alerted to the blog post by an automatic "ping" sent as the writer publishes the post.

The profile "Yes..." well -- at the moment, I'd say "no." But I did want to point out that his "I'm online" thing could be irrelevant. I have encountered, time and again, instances where I'm viewing the MySpace account of someone, it has been irrefutably proven as theirs, and they are dead, and it still says "I'm online." That, and contrary to what many of us are accustomed to, if we've been on the Web for a while, kids nowadays often seem to give out their passwords and what-not.

For some reason, I'm feeling very cautious about jumping on sites in this case as being someone's. I usually let the msm give me a name, and then I figure the race is on. Still -- I'm calling on the blog, and doubtful about the "Yes..." profile. Incidentally, that profile looked almost identical on March 24, 2007, according to Google's cache. So it hasn't been altered recently.

Also -- Columbine killers couldn't have had MySpaces -- the site has only been around for 4 years (I know, seems hard to believe now that it's so ubiquitous).

Steve/Mr. A.

thanks for the info Steve......

Every student that I've heard interviewed on Fox has said that the campus acted totally appropriately and did everything they reasonably to keep them safe considering the situation. The media is out of control in trying to make the news rather than just reporting it.

Unbelievable, isn't it, that people would write things like that on a public space. Actually that they could even think of saying the things they have here, but I was happy to see several tell this guy he is toast!

I know my email was sent within about 10 min of that myspace link being posted here. The guy was still on line then, and ember, your call had been made before that and they were already on it.

I hope we hear the outcome of this!

i hope we hear the outcome too Scandi, whether it's 'real' or not....whoever set this acct up & posted needs to have their 'azz in a sling' regardless.....crazy crazy folks out there, shuuuu!

Ryan Clark a resident assistant was the male who was killed in the early morning shooting at the dorm.

My thought are with his family. he and others so didn't deserve such a dreadful end. :(

Every student that I've heard interviewed on Fox has said that the campus acted totally appropriately and did everything they reasonably to keep them safe considering the situation. The media is out of control in trying to make the news rather than just reporting it.

yeah, we'll hear all kinds of things about how the campus 'let everyone down', i'm sure,,,,,,ugh

things like this can't be known of in advance...well, for the most part...really sad:(

Oh yes Floh, you are so right.

It is good to see you Misterallgood, and thanks for your info. I do agree with Close though that whoever the sicko is that wrote these posts we have here from myspace needs to be looked at by LE. I wonder if there is a crime in what he did? Maybe not because of free speech. I think in saying he set this up and planned it to fool LE is enough tho.

But I do respect your opinion Mr A, and would love to hear what you think about that.

Scandi

I haven't read this entire thread, but I just heard that the first shootings happened two hours prior to the others. I wonder why the campus wasn't locked down?

A friend of my daughter's attends this college. She's an engineering student. She's still not heard any word on if she is safe or not. This is just so sad and so sick.

I haven't read this entire thread, but I just heard that the first shootings happened two hours prior to the others. I wonder why the campus wasn't locked down?

A friend of my daughter's attends this college. She's an engineering student. She's still not heard any word on if she is safe or not. This is just so sad and so sick.

yes,,,,here's an updated article....it mentions the two hours in betw shootings....apparently LE had reason to think that the shooter left, after killing two people at the first bldg....hmmmm

good article with several videos...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

here's hoping your daughter's friend is safe & sound....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back