MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No problem Chelly. :seeya: I've been watching too.

NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 · 3m3 minutes ago
Worrick Robinson is giving closing arguments for Cory Batey. #Vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 4m4 minutes ago
Defense now delivering their closing arguments: She (victim) didn't ask for that, she didn't deserve it @nc5 #vandytrial

Appreciate the updates but my thanks button absconded to parts unknown.

Here we go with the Vanderbilt culture, peer pressure.....

I'm listening to the comments from phone-callers to NewsChannel 5 Nashville, which has been live streaming the trial. I hope the jury is more intelligent than the people calling in.

Yes thanks much for the updates and tweets, the "thanks" feature isn't working for me atm.

OMG speeding at 65 mph is not the same as rape! Make it stop! This is not a legal defense to rape! JMO.

I'm listening to the comments from phone-callers to NewsChannel 5 Nashville, which has been live streaming the trial. I hope the jury is more intelligent than the people calling in.

No kidding. Some of those callers were just :hills: :ufo: :crazy:

Oh please! This is just ridiculous..... It is the culture. :stormingmad:

News flash Mr. Robinson - It is his fault! :gavel:

Softail: Double thanks for posting tweets while viewing the live stream. Great work multi-tasking. I know I couldn't do it :loveyou:

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 5m5 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Robinson: "friends with benefits," "smashing," "hooking up," part of culture at play. His closing spurs objections. #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 4m4 minutes ago
Defense referencing drinking and sexual promiscuity at Vanderbilt "It was their culture" @nc5 #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense: How many people have seen what happened here? But not one phone call made to police. @nc5 #vandytrial

State has objected at four times to remarks made in Batey's def atty closing. This guy has been difficult for me to follow from the start. Bad lawyering here.

Whoa I thought this defense attorney was going to implode. He gets upset at the State but IMO he is up against much more informed (about the law) attys.

According to this atty the culture told Corey to sodomize that defenseless girl?

okey dokey then

Culture? Batey's def atty makes their culture sound like they are a bunch of stupid, mindless rednecks? Seriously?

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 5m5 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Robinson: Drinking was accepted and funny. More than a dozen bystanders didn't help. #vandytrial

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 3m3 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Robinson: A male student walking nude in dorm hall probably committed indecent exposure. Indecent exposure. #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense: Cory Batey did exactly what his college culture told him #vandytrial

I'm reminded of an old saying my parents use to tell us:

" If someone told you to jump off a bridge, are you going to?"

Seriously, this has to be one of the lamest closings I've ever heard. This guy sounds like a Frat buddy, trying to defend his pal. :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back