MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching channel 5, the commentators are driving me crazy, complaining about hearings being held in private rather than in open court. The Tennessee rape shield law (like most rape shield laws) requires that evidentiary hearings that are held under that law not be held in public. Why aren't they mentioning that?

Good Afternoon,

I've been watching the trial on tv and since there is a break while they are discussing rule 412 in chambers, thought I would stop in for a minute.

The question of the day (by viewer) when did witness Miles Finley receive text's from Vanderburg...... he received them Live! While this crap was going on!!!
So much for being so drunk that Vanderburg couldn't have sent all the images, text and chit.

Chris Bundgaard @bundgaard2 · 1h 1 hour ago
#vandytrial witness is Miles Finley who was implicated in case with evidence tampering afyer receiving "2 videos and texts"

#vandytrial witness Finley says he messages Vandenburg "you are going to get in trouble" and tells Vandenburg "she could call rape"

#vandytrial Finley says he Vandenburg told him "you have to delete text" and gave V cell phone that was "smashed" and thrown"in lake" @WKRN

#vandytrial Finley tells court of plea deal offered for obstruction charges, but has not accepted it yet @WKRN

Chris Bundgaard @bundgaard2 · 59m 59 minutes ago
#vandytrial Finley admits again to defense attorneys that he told Vandenburg to "delete that s@#&" and "get out of there" @WKRN

Chris Bundgaard @bundgaard2 · 54m 54 minutes ago
#vandytrial Finley admits "giving direction" to Vandenburg about texts, messages during very aggressive questioning by defense @WKRN

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV 1h1 hour ago
Finley said he gave his cell phone to Vandenburg and that Vandenburg smashed it and threw it into a lake. #Vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 1h1 hour ago
For the first time we see Miles Finley. Vandenburg sent him video of alleged rape back in 2013 @nc5 #vandytrial
Embedded image permalink

Jessica Ralston ‏@NC5_JessRalston 29m29 minutes ago
@NC5_ChrisConte says victim has been in court all day and appears to be exhausted. #VandyTrial

I bet she is exhausted.

I did catch a bit of her room mate testifying this morning about how the victim looked when she got home the next morning.

The roommate has not been on cross yet, they are discussing the rule 412 in chambers before she does.

On another note, we were talking about the victim testifying, whether or not the prosecution calls her, be assured the defense will. She is listed as a witness for both sides.

Thanks so much for reporting the tweets ~Lyric~. I am so fed up with the talking heads.

The room mate Lauren Miller is back on the stand.

I'll be back after she is done, the defense will be up on cross soon.

The prosecution has a couple more questions of Ms. Miller first.

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 4m4 minutes ago
#vandytrial alleged victim's roommate excused, Joseph Quinzio is now on stand charged w/evidence tampering in case. @WKRN

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV 4m4 minutes ago
Quinzio, who lives in California, says Vandenburg was one of his best friends. #Vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 2m2 minutes ago
#vandytrial witness Quinzio tells court of receiving videos and texts from defendant Vandenburg @WKRN

So now they are all back in chambers to discuss these text's that Vanderburg supposedly sent to Quinzio who has known Vanderburg since they were 13.

They are back in court be back later.

Court is over for the day. Still wondering how they are going to defend these creeps.

Just sat back down at my desktop to read tweets and came across this reporter from the Tennessean Newspaper and he had a link to this:

A Step by Step accounting from the night and onward, I must say an interesting read. You will get a pop up that you can X out of to subscribe and one other pop up you can X out of, well I could. You can view free for 30 days. I won't post these here, as it is a paid Newspaper but you sure can scroll through it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...vanderbilt-rape-trial-starts-monday/18277999/

If you take the time to read these, my goodness, who knew what when...and the towel over the camera and etc etc....

I'm looking for two interviews that Vandenburg did with Nick Beres on Channel 5. Looks like one was done in November of 13 and one in February of 14. Looks like they've been poofed but if anyone knows where they are, can you please post?

So many people got sucked into this mess and their lives will never be the same.

Sorry, thought there was a video associated with that above link but guess not

I wonder what their parents think and if they are even in the courtroom with them. Not sure I would be sitting there if it was my kid.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...details-ex-players-roles-vandy-rape/17860813/

Assistant District Attorney Tom Thurman said the case against ex-football player Brandon Vandenburg will not be that he forcibly had sex with his then-girlfriend in June 2013, but that he is criminally responsible for the acts of three other ex-players.

"The state's theory in this case will be that Brandon Vandenburg is criminally responsible for those acts — that he didn't personally do those acts, but that he's criminally responsible."

So it looks like there will be no claim of penetration by BV

I thought it was interesting that the top bunk guy knew that the condoms were in BV's dresser drawer. Also that the TBI stated that there was semen from both the top bunk guy AND BV on the same towel. (BV's) Yet no fluids from the female. I wonder just how close those two were.

JMO's

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back