MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to go soon. Sounds like the jury should have the case by Monday.

This testimony is vile and ridiculous. Talking about the football culture being an excuse for these perps? Seriously? I went to Vanderbilt in the late '70s. No excuse for any of this.

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 8m8 minutes ago
Walker: The "availability" of women on campus was "overwhelming" to Batey. #Vandytrial

:doh:

OH really, the availability......good god. I can't believe that was even stated in open court. by anyone.

I have so much respect for http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/watch-live/plus and Nick Beres for the coverage and commentary.
An example needs to be made of this case. The public needs to be reminded that crimes against women happen on campuses nearly every week in this country. It isn't a joke and it isn't a mistake. Rape is a crime.

OK, off my soapbox now.

I agree!! Dang I miss the "like" button already and Ive only been on site for about 5 mins! I have the tv on in the other room, with Nick on right now. I have been impressed with how the whole trial has been.

I am furious listening to the callers to NewsChannel5 who seem to think this is nothing more than a "mistake" among all involved. I wonder if the man who doesn't consider this a "real" rape would feel the same if this happened to his daughter. Thinking like this is why young men feel they have a right to violate women. I'm incensed by what I hear.

I was really appalled when I heard in testimony that McKensie has a daughter! I wish they would have asked, what if that had been your daughter. Maybe they will when he and Banks goes to trial. Which hasn't been set yet. I wonder after the jury reaches their decision in this trial if Banks and Mckensie will go ahead and plead and get their sentence from the judge.

Something that I was just sitting here thinking of....
When the Jury comes back with the guilty verdict, These guys have to serve 100% of their time.
Sexual Assaults, Rape is a 100% crime in the State of Tennessee!

Something that I was just sitting here thinking of....
When the Jury comes back with the guilty verdict, These guys have to serve 100% of their time.
Sexual Assaults, Rape is a 100% crime in the State of Tennessee!

Yeah, but they just said that sentences are served concurrently which is CRAP!

What really makes me sick about all this, while listening to callers on News Channel 5+, These guys thought they would never get into trouble over this.
They are laughing it up, thinking, this victim is passed out, lets have some "fun" with her. She'll never know the difference.
All the while, they really didn't know if she was alive or dead. She could have died, suffocating on her on vomit.
Oh "they" smacked her buttocks to make sure she was still breathing??? What???
Now the only thing that really bothers me, is I am afraid they won't see Vanderburgs role in this. I see it. I hope the Jury see's it.
All the cover up he did afterwards speaks volumes to me.

I went to a southern college where drinking was rampant. No one I knew -- drunk or not -- would have engaged in these acts. Scary to think that anyone would accept a "boys will be boys" defense. Makes me crazy....

I went to a southern college where drinking was rampant. No one I knew -- drunk or not -- would have engaged in these acts. Scary to think that anyone would accept a "boys will be boys" defense. Makes me crazy....

Oh My did you happen to hear some of the callers...they were saying she had some accountability because she was drunk MY GOD!!

Back in Court.

Oh My did you happen to hear some of the callers...they were saying she had some accountability because she was drunk MY GOD!!

Back in Court.

Yes, those callers are scary! Only takes one on the jury to cause a hung jury. I think the defense knows there are a lot of people in the area who don't think these "boys" (men) should be held accountable.

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV 9m9 minutes ago
Witness is Courtney Heard, current student at Vanderbilt. Knew Batey in summer of 2013. #Vandytrial

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 8m8 minutes ago
State of TN has called out of order rebuttal witness Courtney Heard who’s unavailable to testify later. Watch LIVE: http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/live-stream-1/ …

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 9m9 minutes ago
Courtney Heard was roommates with Cory Batey's ex-girlfriend Quela Royster @nc5 #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte 8m8 minutes ago
Witness: Saw Batey night of alleged rape in dorm room wearing only American flag boxers @nc5 #vandytrial

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez 5m5 minutes ago Nashville, TN
Student: Later that night, Batey answered door "nonchalant" in American flag boxer shorts. His gf stayed with him. #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 6m6 minutes ago
This poor girl does not seem like she knew how this testimony was going to go. #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 5m5 minutes ago
Defense: Could you describe his (Batey's) speech, did it seem normal?
Witness: It seemed normal @nc5 #vandytrial

Jury is now dismissed, Closing Arguments on Monday. The Jury will be getting the case on Monday.

Several matters now being taken up in the case. Jury is gone. Lawyers and the Judge clearing other things ups.

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV 36s36 seconds ago
Judge said defense will call 1 more witness on Monday, which is when closing arguments will be heard. #vandytrial

Judge is now talking about the purpose Jury Instructions.

Judge now talking about, if the Jury can say something about others who might be accomplices.

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 22s22 seconds ago
Defense wants jury to decide if Mack Prioleau could be considered an accomplice @nc5 #vandytrial

(Prioleau is Vanderburgs room mate, who supposedly took care of himself, then used Vanderburg's towel to clean up . He supposedly was asleep awoke to what was going on, pretended to stay asleep, then when they all left, he got up and left the room altogether, however, he was the one to clean the room the next day.)

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 24s25 seconds ago
State: Nothing to suggest in testimony that he (Prioleau) was involved @nc5 #vandytrial

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez 1m1 minute ago Nashville, TN
Defense requests instructions to jury to consider other non-indicted student-athletes as accomplices. Judge to consider. #vandytrial

On a side note, being able to hear a lot of this, makes me wish certain defense lawyers in Arizona would have to watch this whole trial to learn how to be professional hahahahaha

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez 12s13 seconds ago Nashville, TN
Judge Watkins also considering defense request to speak to jury about authorities' responsibility to preserve evidence. #vandytrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back