Vatican calling for Boycott of Da Vinci Code

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it wasn't his research so much as someone else's wasn't it??
Didn't he pinch alot of stuff from the "Holy Blood and the Holy Grail"?
Ahhh when you are writing a best seller, who cares about the facts, never let the facts get in the way of a good story LOL

A English friend of mine remembers when he was young and living at home with his father who was a Reverend....his father jumped up and down about 'The Life of Brian' when it came out, tried to get it banned etc.

How could anyone think of robbing the world of such laughter :D

narlacat said:
Well, it wasn't his research so much as someone else's wasn't it??
Didn't he pinch alot of stuff from the "Holy Blood and the Holy Grail"?
Ahhh when you are writing a best seller, who cares about the facts, never let the facts get in the way of a good story LOL

A English friend of mine remembers when he was young and living at home with his father who was a Reverend....his father jumped up and down about 'The Life of Brian' when it came out, tried to get it banned etc.

How could anyone think of robbing the world of such laughter :D
No, one doesn't want to let facts get in the way of a good story.

Now, that is funny! Banning the Life of Brian!

There was a big hoopla long time back over JC Superstar, the musical. It had some great music/songs.

If one were to never make any art, novels that did not upset the status quo, the world would be a duller place for sure.

For anyone that cares lol....
I didn't just start talking to myself out of the blue, I was actually following a post that was deleted after I had posted mine....
Don't wanna seem like a complete goose :D

narlacat said:
I didn't just start talking to myself out of the blue, I was actually following a post that was deleted after I had posted mine....
I saw it I saw it. You're not a goose.:blowkiss:

narlacat said:
Oh yeah? Where did it go, then? :D

hehehe
I thought, here we go, everyone will think I'm losing it....as well as being a pain in the butt :p

....some things on this thread have been deleted...

'Tis, as far as your challenging what I know and do not know about the Eastern Orthodox church...I sit in services that are 2-6 hours long, depending on what holiday it is, and they are done in classical (not modren) Armenian, with parts of them in Latin. The only part of the service that is in English is where they say who donated the flowers, coffee, treats, etc., which I find rather humorous...I am sorry that I do not attend a "Church of the Easy Reader" where everything is done in "dumbed-down" English...So, yeah, I might miss some nuances...the services are VERY hard to understand...ask Cypros who speaks/understands multiple languages, she'll clue yah in, OK?

I consider myself to be culturally EO/Armenian Apostolic and Jewish, even though I obviously do not believe everything any organized religion says....that is my right, since we are living in a democracy, not a theocracy...

As far as Armenian priests go, they can marry, and there are also monks, who do not marry....the nuns and the higher Church officials also do not marry, and there are lay deacons who, or course, can be married...

Tis, this is no different than the Catholics I know who attend church regularly, but use birth control, get divorced, have kids out of wedlock,etc. If every Catholic who used birth control, for example were to be excommunicated, I don't think there'd be many Catholics left...LOL

There are even Catholic groups who support this and wish the Church would get into at least the 20th century...

narlacat said:
hehehe
I thought, here we go, everyone will think I'm losing it....as well as being a pain in the butt :p
Sorry Narla--

I deleted my post myself. I wrote it because I saw the movie DVC this weekend and wanted to comment on it.

Later, I thought maybe let the post go as the thread interest seemed to have ebbed.

cappuccina said:

'Tis, as far as your challenging what I know and do not know about the Eastern Orthodox church...I sit in services that are 2-6 hours long, depending on what holiday it is, and they are done in classical (not modren) Armenian, with parts of them in Latin. The only part of the service that is in English is where they say who donated the flowers, coffee, treats, etc., which I find rather humorous...I am sorry that I do not attend a "Church of the Easy Reader" where everything is done in "dumbed-down" English...So, yeah, I might miss some nuances...the services are VERY hard to understand...ask Cypros who speaks/understands multiple languages, she'll clue yah in, OK?

I consider myself to be culturally EO/Armenian Apostolic and Jewish, even though I obviously do not believe everything any organized religion says....that is my right, since we are living in a democracy, not a theocracy...

As far as Armenian priests go, they can marry, and there are also monks, who do not marry....the nuns and the higher Church officials also do not marry, and there are lay deacons who, or course, can be married...

Tis, this is no different than the Catholics I know who attend church regularly, but use birth control, get divorced, have kids out of wedlock,etc. If every Catholic who used birth control, for example were to be excommunicated, I don't think there'd be many Catholics left...LOL

There are even Catholic groups who support this and wish the Church would get into at least the 20th century...
Oh, boy, here we go......*runs for cover yelling "I didn't do it!"*

windovervocalcords said:
Sorry Narla--

I deleted my post myself. I wrote it because I saw the movie DVC this weekend and wanted to comment on it.

Later, I thought maybe let the post go as the thread interest seemed to have ebbed.
As long as Narla and Cappy are around to stoke the fires, this thread may never die, LOL! :p

windovervocalcords said:
Sorry Narla--

I saw the movie this weekend, too, Wind. I wasn't too impressed with it. The historical facts were not very well researched.

cappuccina said:

LOL easy reader dumbed down english..... Well excuse me I keep forgetting your higher level of intelligence.

Although what this post had to do with the fact that There is no split with EO and The Catholic Church because of Married Priests, I don't know. That is what my post was about concerning what you knew about EO church not about you sitting in a service for 2 to 4 hrs etc etc.

windovervocalcords said:
And it also left me wondering "what is the point?"

Even if it were true, that Jesus was also man, and had a wife or even a child, so what?

Exactly my response to the supposed "Da Vinci Code" controversy. So what? Shakespeare had children; none of them were great playwrights.

Even if Jesus had descendants, why would it matter?

Dark Knight said:
As long as Narla and Cappy are around to stoke the fires, this thread may never die, LOL! :p
Who's Cappy DK??
Did I miss something again lol

...cappuccina..."Cappy" is a nickname...

Yes, Nova! This is what some of us have been posting over and over again...If Jesus were found to have been married, and/or had kids....so what...??

cappuccina said:
...cappuccina..."Cappy" is a nickname...

Yes, Nova! This is what some of us have been posting over and over again...If Jesus were found to have been married, and/or had kids....so what...??
So.....it doesn't fit in with what Catholics believe.
According to them, Jesus didn't have much of a life.

Thanks for that Cappy, I thought DK was talking about windovervocalcords and I'm thinking...how does he get Cappy out of that name lol.

narlacat said:
So.....it doesn't fit in with what Catholics believe.
According to them, Jesus didn't have much of a life.
What do you believe Catholics believe his life was? How do you know according to them he did not have much of a life?

cappuccina said:

We live in a Democracy not a theocracy? I believe that in theory and government polices but not in a neighbor by neighbor way. I have read too many posts about 'my kids do this' and 'my kids do that' and 'I would not let my kid do that and neither should any other parent' or 'those kids/brats and their entitlement attitude'.
I know full well it's does not take the Catholic Church for some to find a way to feel morally superior - they just look for the perceived flaws of other parents and feel superior albeit misguided.

mic730 said:
We live in a Democracy not a theocracy? I believe that in theory and government polices but not in a neighbor by neighbor way. I have read too many posts about 'my kids do this' and 'my kids do that' and 'I would not let my kid do that and neither should any other parent' or 'those kids/brats and their entitlement attitude'.
I know full well it's does not take the Catholic Church for some to find a way to feel morally superior - they just look for the perceived flaws of other parents and feel superior albeit misguided.

Interesting post. I was educated in a convent..parochial school for girls.My parents are heathens at best. The bishop was the philandering type...we know those.The priests were not about giving dispensation for birth control pills as the doctors required.So, we were left on our own.Of course, this was a long time ago.

Here is the interesting factor. I got my head bashed in when the ex couldn't deal. So, I left and never went back. He wants an anullment as if the 2 kids never happened. Nor the abuse.Just a clean slate to pursue his next 2 marriages.Gals, whoever sanctifies has got to be looked at. JMO. Protect yourself first and deal with theorcracies last.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back