Vatican calling for Boycott of Da Vinci Code

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dark Knight said:
Ugh, the b-day party thing sickens me greatly. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Here is a smile - my Gamma makes a 'Happy Birthday Jesus' cake every Christmas.

Maral said:
The Catholic Church never taught that others would not go to heaven.
Vatican II only clarified the position the Church has always held, that many non-Catholics will be saved through the compassion of Jesus and his Church. Jesus knows the heart of everyone and he knows the difference between a hardened mean spirit against the Church and an honest searching seeker of the truth.
I can't stand it any longer :p
The Catholic Church teaches you will go to HELL, which kinda means you ain't getting into heaven baby!
A man made construct designed to scare the crap out of you!

JBean said:
Oh I didn't know that.
Crystal Cathedral is something else.
The younger Dr.Schuller is part of our youth baseball organization with his kids.
Do you know him or have you met him?

cappuccina said:
..."Dr." Schuller, and Jack & "Dr." Rexella Van Impe... :angel:

(OK, I have a headache now thinking about the names I just typed... :eek: )
Well, Dr. Schuller really is a doctor (not a medical one, obviously,) dunno about Van Impe, lol. I wouldn't really put them in the same category, although Dr. Schuller has had his share of controversy. But the Van Impe's etc. are really in a class to themselves, lol. Early today, for some odd reason, Ernest Angely's name popped into my head! But yes, they could be a thread all by themselves!

mic730 said:
Here is a smile - my Gamma makes a 'Happy Birthday Jesus' cake every Christmas.

Awwwww, ok I feel much better, thanks! :D At my old church we used to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Christmas!

narlacat said:
The Catholic Church teaches you will go to HELL, which kinda means you ain't getting into heaven baby!
pfft!

narlacat said:
Could you please cite that teaching for us?

Maral said:
You were more tactful than I might have been, LOL!

To be fair, I have heard stories of individual priests saying things about "going to hell" if you did this or didn't do that small thing, but they were never really in line with OFFICIAL Church doctrine.

Maral said:

Grave or mortal sin deprives us of communion with God. This results in eternal punishment - hell. (2 Thes 1:9) Once forgiven, the eternal punishment is removed but there may be some temporal punishment that remains.

narlacat said:
Grave or mortal sin deprives us of communion with God. This results in eternal punishment - hell. (2 Thes 1:9) Once forgiven, the eternal punishment is removed but there may be some temporal punishment that remains.
Thank you, narlacat. But I was referring to the the posts that said the Catholic Church taught that non-Catholics would not get to heaven. That is not now, nor has ever been, a teaching of the Catholic Church.

Temporal punishment that is not fully paid on earth by penance, indulgences, bearing our Cross, etc. is completed in purgatory. If you are in purgatory, then you are guaranteed of getting into Heaven. If you are getting into Heaven, then you sure as hell won't be going to hell.

No Maral, you were referring to my post....you asked the question of me...not other posters.
The bottom line is, your Church teaches if you don't do this and that...you ain't going to heaven and in fact, you are going to hell.

Yes, narla, I was referring to your post. But please go back and see that the post of yours was referring to a previous post of mine where I was referring to a post that said the Catholic Church taught that non-Catholics will not go to Heaven.

narlacat said:
No Maral, you were referring to my post....you asked the question of me...not other posters.
The bottom line is, your Church teaches if you don't do this and that...you ain't going to heaven and in fact, you are going to hell.
HI Narla..but you quoted Maral when she was talking about Catholic religion teaching that others would not go to heaven. It looked like you were responding to that concept.
Then Maral repsonded to that.

JBean said:
HI Narla..but you quoted Maral when she was talking about Catholic religion teaching that others would not go to heaven. It looked like you were responding to that concept.
Then Maral repsonded to that.
Thanks, JBean. You said that so much better than that long, run on sentence I just wrote, LOL.

Maral said:
Thanks, JBean. You said that so much better than that long, run on sentence I just wrote, LOL.
LOL..I was trying to figure out how to say it without sounding like a dork. It still isn't quite right..but I think the idea is there.:crazy:

I can see what you mean now.....I missed the word 'others' in your original post Maral, sorry for not following the thread properly.
However lol, if your Church teaches that if you don't do this or that...or you do do this or that lol....you will be going to hell.....isn't that saying that if you aren't even Catholic what chance have you got :p

Mortal sin is a state when someone deliberately separates themselves from God. An example would be murder. However the Church also teaches us that any sin can be forgiven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back