Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it known yet whether police ever recovered LB's body? I'm guessing not, in light of the incinerator purchase in July 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... The sleuth in me can't wait to hear the LB and WM evidence, sadly, i think we're just scratching the surface of the ugliness

Really? That's a big allegation. What would be the connection there? There wasn't a theft. SV car was found by town hall and her body was found in a wooded area, and police say no forced entry and likely someone she knew. She was in her 40s.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/2089094-sonia-varaschin-s-final-days-filled-with-strife-mother-says

DM was on a dating site at one point. Maybe she was another thrill kill. Maybe DM dated her and she ended up pregnant.

Anyway it is just a gut feeling I have but when DM and MS were sentenced and the Crown asked for their DNA her murder was the first thing that popped into my head.

True. And who knows what else they were already responsible for that never did come to light.

Thus the application for full DNA profiles after their convictions [emoji6]

Just think.
20 years ago they would have walked.
It is only because of man's newest toy, the cell phone, that they were even suspect.

Police work is so much easier today with the advent of cell phones and security cams. If a murder happens these days, chances are your suspect is on video. That's why the days of mass murderers are long over.

If only TPS took LB disappearance seriously when SL reported it.

If only "find my iPad" was enabled in the iPad SL loaned LB. My guess is it would have led straight to Smich.

Really? That's a big allegation. What would be the connection there? There wasn't a theft. SV car was found by town hall and her body was found in a wooded area, and police say no forced entry and likely someone she knew. She was in her 40s.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/2089094-sonia-varaschin-s-final-days-filled-with-strife-mother-says

Agreed, no MO. Police won't be looking at unsolved murders, they'll be looking at unsolved disappearances. If there's a body, it likely wasn't them.

Is it known yet whether police ever recovered LB's body? I'm guessing not, in light of the incinerator purchase in July 2012

There was an article out recently that was said the the spec had a pretty good source that she was also said to have been incinerated

If only "find my iPad" was enabled in the iPad SL loaned LB. My guess is it would have led straight to Smich.

Well they have the serial number of both iPads and people have guessed that's the link

Well they have the serial number of both iPads and people have guessed that's the link

I understand that, but if the "find my iPhone" feature had been enabled by SL, it would have led him straight to Smich's door. My guess is that he just never bothered to enable it.

Police won't be looking at unsolved murders, they'll be looking at unsolved disappearances.

I respectfully disagree. I doubt very much that LE would not look at unsolved murders because there happened to be a body available.
They want to get any murder or disappearance solved when they can and the suspect or suspects found and arrested. That is their job.

I respectfully disagree. I doubt very much that LE would not look at unsolved murders because there happened to be a body available.
They want to get any murder or disappearance solved when they can and the suspect or suspects found and arrested. That is their job.

As well as, the incinerator wasn't purchased untill July 2012. So if there were any other murders before then, there would be bodies.

I understand that, but if the "find my iPhone" feature had been enabled by SL, it would have led him straight to Smich's door. My guess is that he just never bothered to enable it.

If I remember correctly, didn't DM and CN use that Ipad before giving it to MS and MM? So I'd assume the cops would have been lead to DM'S door first.

And don't forget the intimidating rap videos lol

I must have forgotten somewhere that smich was an innocent choir boy. The rap videos were a joke, but when you deal in crack you are in a whole different ball game

Or since it's being used, it could have been disabled if it is In fact the one smich had

If I remember correctly, didn't DM and CN use that Ipad before giving it to MS and MM? So I'd assume the cops would have been lead to DM'S door first.
Yes MM testified IIRC that DM gave her and MS the iPad to use and DM and CN sometimes used it too

I must have forgotten somewhere that smich was an innocent choir boy. The rap videos were a joke, but when you deal in crack you are in a whole different ball game
I believe the Crack comment was clarified by someone who attended court that day. It's funny how people run with these things. And the poster illustrated how this was done.

No one said the videos were a joke, but IIRC it was compared to someone like TD who listens to opera. All rap artists aren't murders, as the courts reminded us.

As well as, the incinerator wasn't purchased untill July 2012. So if there were any other murders before then, there would be bodies.

What if they had a body and were just waiting for the incinerator to arrive to dispose of it?

Wouldn't there be a lot of DNA left where the body was stored until it was incinerated?

Would the DNA confirm that the body was LB's, in the same way TB's DNA on the incinerator confirmed his death?

Police work is so much easier today with the advent of cell phones and security cams. If a murder happens these days, chances are your suspect is on video. That's why the days of mass murderers are long over.

They had video cams all over the Pulse nightclub. Didn't stop a mass murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member