Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they had a body and were just waiting for the incinerator to arrive to dispose of it?

Wouldn't there be a lot of DNA left where the body was stored until it was incinerated?

Would the DNA confirm that the body was LB's, in the same way TB's DNA on the incinerator confirmed his death?

Oh, I think we can all agree that LB was probably their first cremation. I'm sure LE has DNA or some type of hard evidence.

I was speaking of murderers prior to LB (if there were more) any unsolved murders prior to LB and prior to the incinerator purchase, there would be bodies. I don't imagine that bodies would just be laying around for a year or two waiting for an incinerator idea to arise. That light bulb went off in 2012.

Oh, I think we can all agree that LB was probably their first cremation. I'm sure LE has DNA or some type of hard evidence.

I was speaking of murderers prior to LB (if there were more) any unsolved murders prior to LB and prior to the incinerator purchase, there would be bodies. I don't imagine that bodies would just be laying around for a year or two waiting for an incinerator idea to arise. That light bulb went off in 2012.

I don't think there are any more murders. I think the phones gave LE a good idea of everything DM and MS was up to for the last few years.

If only "find my iPad" was enabled in the iPad SL loaned LB. My guess is it would have led straight to Smich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as MS's iPad was entered as evidence, I've had a strong feeling that iPad was Laura's. Wonder if this is what got MS charged? Apple products are easily traceable. Esp given we were dealing with 2 pretty stupid criminals.

I understand that, but if the "find my iPhone" feature had been enabled by SL, it would have led him straight to Smich's door. My guess is that he just never bothered to enable it.

It wouldn't have worked if the iPad had been restored for a new user, but the serial number will tell the truth. I feel strongly it's hers! Also, evidence will most likely be plentiful ... You can't charge with M1 for having someone's possessions .

I remember when there was a Wikipedia war to properly represent DM. His entry was eventually deleted. However the Millardair entry has since been updated:

On May 10, 2013, Dellen was charged with the murder of Tim Bosma while attempting to steal Bosma's Dodge Ram 3500. He was convicted of first-degree murder on June 18, 2016. Millard and his friend Mark Smich each face a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Laura Babcock, Millard’s former girlfriend, and Millard is further charged with another murder, that of Wayne Millard, his father. Those trials are scheduled for 2017.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millardair

Kind of comical to think how hard people once worked to make it seem that DM was innocent. Edits seem to be unopposed these days.

DM was on a dating site at one point. Maybe she was another thrill kill. Maybe DM dated her and she ended up pregnant.

Anyway it is just a gut feeling I have but when DM and MS were sentenced and the Crown asked for their DNA her murder was the first thing that popped into my head.

I am so shocked that it is not an automatic thing that DNA be taken for the databank for every convicted murderer. Wow.

Also, DM... having illusions of him being the best dad ever, and better than any other dads who actually LIVE with their offspring.. imagine if his only chance at HAVING offspring was killed off by him. If he's in there until he's 55... and then has to get out and meet a new love of his life.. he's going to be an awfully old dad. Oops, I forgot, unless perhaps Dee or someone might agree to bear his child while he's in prison?

ETA: Edited to add... if DM gets convicted of say, BOTH of his next murder charges... perhaps he will be more like 105 when he gets out? Perhaps by then, they will have people living until they're 150? So maybe still a chance to be a great dad. (saying with sarcasm in case it's not clear).

Speaking of which, does anyone here happen to know...... I find it unclear the way I read what is written about Canada's newer law which allows murder sentences to be consecutive rather than concurrent.. is it only if the multiple murders were committed like in the pig farmer's case.. all one trial for all 6 or 7 (I forget) women? Or does it still apply when they are separate murders at separate times with separate trials too?

What if they had a body and were just waiting for the incinerator to arrive to dispose of it?

Wouldn't there be a lot of DNA left where the body was stored until it was incinerated?

Would the DNA confirm that the body was LB's, in the same way TB's DNA on the incinerator confirmed his death?

I'm thinking that's the case too! There has to be a reason why the excavator was introduced?

Interesting opinion piece from lawyer Russell Silverstein:

GD: Life in prison with no parole eligibility for 25 years. Is that to be expected in a first degree murder charge?

RS: It's mandatory. That's what the Criminal Code says must be the sentence. It can't be greater, it can' be less. In the case of these men, they're also facing trial for more murder charges and if they're convicted, the likelihood of getting out of prison is zero. Millard is charged with killing a former girlfriend and Smich is charged as a co-accused in that murder. Millard also faces charges of murder in connection with the death of his father.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tim-bosma-lawyer-1.3641583

I'm thinking that's the case too! There has to be a reason why the excavator was introduced?

Yes, just like the couple visiting the bathroom at Riverview, the hoses running for 10 hours, Mr.V's painting of Maplegate, etc. I wonder if it is possible that the hoses had something to do with LB's murder, as opposed to TB's? It may be possible that DM was still hiding evidence somewhere in relation to that murder, which he knew must be disposed of if police were going to be searching everywhere?

I believe the Crack comment was clarified by someone who attended court that day. It's funny how people run with these things. And the poster illustrated how this was done.

No one said the videos were a joke, but IIRC it was compared to someone like TD who listens to opera. All rap artists aren't murders, as the courts reminded us.
Regardless you can't deny he dealt drugs more then just marijuana. If anyone found those videos menacing they need to give their head a shake. The guy was able to intimidate after all his own friend claimed he had a mean streak

Or since it's being used, it could have been disabled if it is In fact the one smich had

Its a little more complicated than that. To disable it would require SL's Apple iTunes password, and I doubt he would have given someone like LB access to his account. Thats why if you ever buy an apple product you need to make sure that feature is disabled and it is logged out of any iCloud account or else the previous owner can remotely brick the device.

Regardless you can't deny he dealt drugs more then just marijuana. If anyone found those videos menacing they need to give their head a shake. The guy was able to intimidate after all his own friend claimed he had a mean streak

I don't know what he did drug wise. He wasn't on trial for that.

Its a little more complicated than that. To disable it would require SL's Apple iTunes password, and I doubt he would have given someone like LB access to his account. Thats why if you ever buy an apple product you need to make sure that feature is disabled and it is logged out of any iCloud account or else the previous owner can remotely brick the device.
I have an iPad and an iPhone you can disable it with a simple swipe on the device

As well as, the incinerator wasn't purchased untill July 2012. So if there were any other murders before then, there would be bodies.

There is a reason it took so long to act on the RAM theft. Smich and Millard purposely held off until the tools they needed were in place, their guns and the incinerator. Once these pieces were in place it was full steam ahead, and we will likely see evidence of this in the future.

Regardless you can't deny he dealt drugs more then just marijuana.

Marijuana from the fields, oxy from pharmacies, ecstasy from illegal manufacturing, heroin and cocaine from overseas...let me tell you there is no one-stop shopping for all these drugs from diverse sources.

MS and DM were both deeply involved in the drug trade if they had made all of these connections.

I believe the Crack comment was clarified by someone who attended court that day. It's funny how people run with these things. And the poster illustrated how this was done.

No one said the videos were a joke, but IIRC it was compared to someone like TD who listens to opera. All rap artists aren't murders, as the courts reminded us.

BBM. That is tue, but at one point I did post a list of literally hundreds of rappers that had been involved in murders. I challenge you or Mr Pillay to produce a similar list of Opera stars.

They had video cams all over the Pulse nightclub. Didn't stop a mass murder.

You know thats not what Im talking about. Think Gacy, Dahmer, Cincinnati child murderer, Berkowitz, Bundy, or Richard Ramirez. Not mass shootings, mass serial killings.

You know thats what Im talking about. Think Gacy, Dahmer, Cincinnati child murderer, Berkowitz, Bundy, or Richard Ramirez. Not mass shootings, mass serial killings.

There are still guys out there killing that haven't been caught, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

Yes, there are more challenges to being a serial killer these days, but there are still guys out there that are finding a way.

BBM. That is tue, but at one point I did post a list of literally hundreds of rappers that had been involved in murders. I challenge you or Mr Pillay to produce a similar list of Opera stars.
Mr Dungey? I'm sure if you dig deep enough you could post any genre. Not something I care to do. We all know just because Jay-Z writes about a gun, (if he does, I have no clue) doesn't mean he owns one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking