Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would his doctor even know he is into drugs and alcohol? Doubt MS would offer that information freely......

No.. not unless something had occurred at some point that would have enlightened the doc, or if indepth drug testing had been done, or if MS had just offered it up, which as mentioned, is doubtful. moo

No.. not unless something had occurred at some point that would have enlightened the doc, or if indepth drug testing had been done, or if MS had just offered it up, which as mentioned, is doubtful. moo

If MS had told any doctor that he was drinking daily, surgery would be off the table. Complications with anesthetic + poor healing = poor candidate for surgery. If you drink, doctors can waitlist you forever.

If the doc had MS's full medical history (s)he would be hesitant to prescribe to him. He was a heavy alcohol and marijuana user, and based on the alcohol use only, he wouldn't be able to get opiates based on prescribing standards.

He'd have "high risk for addiction" on his file and any doctor would be loathe to prescribe to him.

IMO most people don't disclose their recreational use to their family doctors. I know someone who is a daily pot user and heavy drinker but it's now his norm as he's been doing since he was 16 probably. Doctors don't know squat about it.

If the doc had MS's full medical history (s)he would be hesitant to prescribe to him. He was a heavy alcohol and marijuana user, and based on the alcohol use only, he wouldn't be able to get opiates based on prescribing standards.

He'd have "high risk for addiction" on his file and any doctor would be loathe to prescribe to him.

And starting at a 60mg long acting dose would be unheard of. They may have given him an Rx for Percocet.....I HIGHLY doubt MS was prescribed the "orange guys" MOO

ETA - deugirtni posted the tweets relating to the testimony showing he was NOT prescribed any medication for his shoulder.....

Maybe his doctor didn't know his life choices. If he's had the same GP for a long time, sometimes they will prescribe anthing. That's how so many people get addicted to this stuff. Then when doc stops prescription, they have to go elsewhere.

I wonder how he can say such a thing with such confidence. Take MS, he's been given the max.. with parole eligibility in 25 years (prob less his time already spent, and not sure if they still allow extra for the time spent prior to trial?.. there seems to be conflicting information in that regard).. then he has another murder trial .. say he is found not guilty (since this opinion person can't say what the verdict will be before the trial).. how does he figure MS will never see the light of day? Perhaps a different story if he ends up being convicted of 1st degree in LB's murder, but at this point, it seems like a pretty bold statement, imho.

They can apply for parole in 2038 (source) which is 2013 + 25 years.

Not sure how a conviction for Babcock's murder will affect them. Will it be an additional 25 years (2063) before parole, or will it be concurrent with the Bosma prison time? If it's concurrent, having the two convictions will carry negative weight on their chance of getting parole once they're finally eligible for it.

I think MS testified that he didn't receive medication or treatment for his injury:

These tweets are from May 17th, and sorry, but read from the bottom up:

Also just wanted to weigh in on a few things from today -

I do think MS was a low level weed dealer and not much more. From my interpretation of the evidence, DM got his number when he was looking for some weed during a dry spell, and saved it in his phone. From there he re connected with him another time when he probably again had problems getting weed from his Etobicoke connections.
I think he was low level for a variety of reasons, but simply the fact he did not have a vehicle made him fairly useless as a big time dealer. Would be difficult for him to transport and deliver bigger shipments and drugs like cocaine, guys generally have to travel far to meet their connect (drugs come into St. Kitts /Niagara, and head to Hamilton generally). The fact he only had a bike just shows he was mostly just the local weed dealer selling out of his moms place, probably would occasionally bike over to meet clients in the parks around here.
DM was also a low level dealer (IMO) but the fact he had cash and a vehicle allowed him to stock up for personal and friend use. It also allowed him to travel around to meet with people who were selling the harder stuff. I would guess that he would sell Weed, coke, MDMA and probably mushrooms when he could get his hands on it. One of the keys to me for this was the text when he mentioned "credit towards the next grab" to his friends. To me this is an obviously drug slang for ill toss you some credit for the next time you buy drugs.

IMO

yah.. I am daily weed smoker but I would never tell my Dr. She's honestly just so judgemental haha, not even worth going over it with her.

My doc knows, she prescribed it but I still don't use it. I have no choice with all my health conditions but to disclose legal or illegal drugs and alcohol use....if I were to use that is.

Maybe his doctor didn't know his life choices. If he's had the same GP for a long time, sometimes they will prescribe anthing. That's how so many people get addicted to this stuff. Then when doc stops prescription, they have to go elsewhere.
Agreed. After I had surgery my doctor asked me what pain killers I preferred. I had no clue what to ask for lol

If MS had told any doctor that he was drinking daily, surgery would be off the table. Complications with anesthetic + poor healing = poor candidate for surgery. If you drink, doctors can waitlist you forever.

Yes, exactly our point. He wouldn't have mentioned. Opinion, of course.

So that being said, it's not limited to the rap genre.
No, you clearly misunderstood me. In fact, my point was exactly the opposite. That indeed, rappers in comparison to all other genres (including opera and rock & rollers) have a much higher incidence of criminality and criminal mayhem. Far more than any other genre. It's not even close.

They can apply for parole in 2038 (source) which is 2013 + 25 years.

Not sure how a conviction for Babcock's murder will affect them. Will it be an additional 25 years (2063) before parole, or will it be concurrent with the Bosma prison time? If it's concurrent, having the two convictions will carry negative weight on their chance of getting parole once they're finally eligible for it.

I was told our laws changed a while back. So say if DM is convicted of M1 for LB, he'd get an additional 25 years added before parole eligibility. So that would be 50 years before eligible. If he gets convicted of WM death, I believe that makes him a serial Killer and he won't see free life again.

If MS was to get say M2 for LB and gets a 15 year sentence, he'd be eligible in 2053.

You throttle the person from behind till they pas out. Then you tape them up just in case and kill later, outside. It's hard to fight someone behind you with a seat back between you.

You watch too many movies. It wouldn't be that easy, and a man fighting for his life in the front seat is more likely to cause the driver to run off the road than anything else. They have a gun. Holding it to his head would and he's is going to be very compliant. But it certainly makes no sense to try and take him to the farm and put Millard in a 1 on 1 situation. TB was dead before Smich stepped out of that truck.

I have flip-flopped back and forth with these 2 theories. Subdue and kill at farm and kill within minutes to avoid a long period of time with Millard and TB alone in the truck. I still think the plan was to kill outside of the truck to avoid damage to the truck and just as importantly to avoid the extra clean-up time that added a full extra day or two of clean-up. Millard had a busy schedule and I don't think he planned to have to work around the additional clean-up time. I think he wanted to contain and minimize the blood evidence as well. The clean-up fortunately failed miserably. I also really wonder about them returning to get the Yukon - so risky. I wonder if he tried to convince AM and RB to pick up the Yukon for him and they bailed. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

Then why are there so many "unsolved murders" websites on the net?

Lots of murders are still slipping between the cracks.

If it is so easy to catch murderers, why is the Travis Vader case not a slam dunk?

Sure you can get away with murder. Try and get away with 20 of them in a large city like Toronto. Even the smartest criminal would have a hard time getting above five.

Also just wanted to weigh in on a few things from today -

I do think MS was a low level weed dealer and not much more. From my interpretation of the evidence, DM got his number when he was looking for some weed during a dry spell, and saved it in his phone. From there he re connected with him another time when he probably again had problems getting weed from his Etobicoke connections.
I think he was low level for a variety of reasons, but simply the fact he did not have a vehicle made him fairly useless as a big time dealer. Would be difficult for him to transport and deliver bigger shipments and drugs like cocaine, guys generally have to travel far to meet their connect (drugs come into St. Kitts /Niagara, and head to Hamilton generally). The fact he only had a bike just shows he was mostly just the local weed dealer selling out of his moms place, probably would occasionally bike over to meet clients in the parks around here.
DM was also a low level dealer (IMO) but the fact he had cash and a vehicle allowed him to stock up for personal and friend use. It also allowed him to travel around to meet with people who were selling the harder stuff. I would guess that he would sell Weed, coke, MDMA and probably mushrooms when he could get his hands on it. One of the keys to me for this was the text when he mentioned "credit towards the next grab" to his friends. To me this is an obviously drug slang for ill toss you some credit for the next time you buy drugs.

IMO

Exactly. He offers his guys $100 to take part in a heist and pays them with $100 in weed, which probably costs Millard $25 because he buys in bulk.

Question anyone have a clue, or maybe it is a clue, as why the backseat of the DM s Yukon is missing? LB blood evidence? Another burnt seat? Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP