Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read AC Wayward Son piece the other night. I think it'd be interesting if he published a book about the entire thing when it's over and all publication bands were lifted to get a more streamline chain of events. This trial is just the beginning but in actual fact it's the end, so we're working in reverse order...

What was his name?

We don't know. His name was redacted from the report.

The subject is a 2005 Millardair accident witnessed by Dellen Millard. A 75-year-old contract employee died after falling off a scaffolding-like structure while working on the plane with Millard and another contract employee.

The report was redacted to remove the name of all three men present...

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2014/01/brantford-airport-accident-witnessed-by-dellen-millard-ministry-of-labour-report.html

I read AC Wayward Son piece the other night. I think it'd be interesting if he published a book about the entire thing when it's over and all publication bands were lifted to get a more streamline chain of events. This trial is just the beginning but in actual fact it's the end, so we're working in reverse order...

Hoping there will be more than one book on these cases!

That's really just speculation as the judge clearly has a lot of discretion, depending on what facts are proven. The Criminal Code states:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all he meant was that it is rare for someone convicted of two first degree murders to ever get parole. They can try all they want once they're eligible, but they likely wouldn't be successful.

I think all he meant was that it is rare for someone convicted of two first degree murders to ever get parole. They can try all they want once they're eligible, but they likely wouldn't be successful.

Yeah that's true. Eligibility for parole won't really matter in practical terms at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"
Since their sentence last week, they have served 6 days of their approx 193085 days.

MOO
"

193085/365=529 years. I think you were thinking of hours.

25X365=9125 days
Only 8000 or so days to go.
Would they get credit for the extra leap year days?
That should boy up their spirits.
Unless they get an additional 18,250 for LB and WM.

Just think, their cells will be covered in 'tally marks' -|-|-|-|- 1800ish sets. (25 years)I am well aware they won't have the same cell for the duration.
Tonight I was out weeding our flower beds (not my favourite job) yet it was so peaceful, quiet, not too hot, no wind and it hit me.Those two twisted convicts wont know what that is like for a longtime. If ever. It brought a smile to my face and I actually enjoyed weeding.

I promise, this will be the last time I mention this book by Dr. Bruce Perry. It has relevance as some of you have asked how these 2 creatures grew up to commit this terrible crime as young men.

In his book he discusses many cases of traumatized children, most were severely neglected, and many endured abuse, but no two cases are alike. His research centers around how brain development is affected by neglect, abuse and many other types of trauma and affect the fear (fight or flight) response, impulsive behaviours, and importantly the area of the brain responsible for empathy. As an example, parents of 2 boys, one a young adult, the other a 16 yr-old are devastated to learn that the younger son had raped and brutally murdered a 13 yr-old neighbour. The oldest son had grown into a young adult that any parent would be proud of, but the youngest had committed this unthinkable crime. Dr. Perry was asked for input at his trial. The difference between the 2 boys was that the oldest had been raised in the early years in a multi-generational household where he received much love and attention. A few short years later, the family had to move away and the mother was left to care for the older son and an infant on her own. The infant son was difficult and without the support of extended family members, he was neglected, not unloved, but neglected. Fascinating book and cases, including the child survivors of the Waco, Texas tragedy. A school program was eventually developed called the Roots of Empathy which is highlighted in his sequel, Born for Love - Why empathy is essential and endangered.

Who knows what sort of childhood trauma either of them may have experienced or how it affected them. I don't know what its like to have a father who is an alcoholic. It seems that Smich's mother was older when he was born and a single parent not long after and has dealt with 3 bouts of cancer. I'm not making excuses for either of them by any means, just saying that there may be reasons.

I picked my grandson up at his daycare and as I drove into the parking lot, one of the daycare providers was helping 2 ladies from Children's Aid take 2 children, about 18 months and a 3 year old out to their car. I worry about them.

I promise that if this is a subject that you are remotely interested in, you won't be able to put this book down. I honestly tried to make it short and simple. Last time I mention it, I promise!

Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts for the last several months. Truly, there are many talented people with an impressive range of expertise. I have been trying to wean myself from coming here to continue to read, including placing limits on the amount of time I spend reading and have failed miserably thus far. My dogs and my garden beckon me to pay more attention to them, and I am going to have to oblige. Thank you everyone for taking such a passionate interest in this case, I have learned so much from you all. Thank you to all those who posted the daily tweets, don't have a clue how to even do that, and thanks to the site owner and moderators for providing a forum and maintaining civility. I know I'll be back tomorrow anyways, but until CN's trial . . .

:tyou:

How long ago did DM buy that farm?

May 2011

From the National Post...............

In May 2011, Mr. Millard bought a large farm in Ayr, Ont., for $835,000.
“He drove a hard bargain,” said Vera Snider, who had owned the farm for 45 years with her husband, John. “Afterwards we felt a little cheated.”
The Sniders raised hogs on the hilly farm that has a swampy section and a forested area. It has an old barn but no house.

Who knows what sort of childhood trauma either of them may have experienced or how it affected them. I don't know what its like to have a father who is an alcoholic. It seems that Smich's mother was older when he was born and a single parent not long after and has dealt with 3 bouts of cancer. I'm not making excuses for either of them by any means, just saying that there may be reasons.

I totally agree that a traumatized childhood can result in behavioral issues later in life. My father was an alcoholic, my parents never got along great. Many fights. They stayed together for us children. We all turned out fine. We learned to work hard for what we wanted. I retired in my early 40's.

Today's society likes to label every behavioral issue out there.

How about the basics.
Lack of discipline, not always the parents fault. Some kids need a stern lash or is that abuse.
Lack of respect, could be because of peer pressure.
Being responsible for your own actions.Thanks to clever Lawyers, that's a very thick line.
Not every apple falls close to the tree.
I was waiting for DM to play the Affluenza card.

The whole lot of them felt entitled and its a lifestyle they choose.

Lack of discipline, not always the parents fault. Some kids need a stern lash or is that abuse.
Lack of respect, could be because of peer pressure.

See, you seem to come from the tough love camp and I think that brew problems of its own.

Parents need to earn respect. They are not due respect just because they are parents. They can have poor character and be a parent at the same time, and no one owes them respect for that.

Lashing your child will get you charged with a criminal offense.

Thanks to all those that organize this site, I am so glad to have learned something from a civilized organization rather than the chaotic/mean ones out there. I wish I could have helped out a bit more with some better sleuth abilities. (not a detective here) surprise!I do appreciate the order of this site. If you are one of the "top dog" posters i suppose, you wouldn't have the time to post <modsnip> why it might be a waste of time for someone like me to add comments on here. I feel somewhat silly that i even tried. Although, I do wonder how I come across.(from your lame, uneducated alter ego) HI!! Rest assured in person,I am much better!! Down to earth, practical, funny and nice of course. Oh and really hot! lol. kidding
ALSO 90 ish days until the golf for TB if anyone wants to go...no pressure as, I have no prior affiliation&not even sure i am available, just looking to support and find out if there is ANY remotely interested. I am sure we could get a ladies and a men's foursome together, doesn't need to be professional, LETS do it!:hypno: :canada::grouphug::toast: first pic is to hypnotize you. :) could be fun and represent (don't worry i have no desire to be a real websleuther representative and would bough out graciously to the bigger players when needed. and i kept typing
Wow tough crowd. I suppose if i learned how to copy tweets over.

DM and MS are celebrating their one week anniversary since verdict - hope it's been a great first week, getting used to their new digs and all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob