Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting. I believe they have to be basic playstations though. No playing online.

Maybe an okay hangout for a tv/gaming addict, but no freedom would drive me crazy. The question is, are they locked up to protect the public or as punishment?

Is lack of freedom enough? Personally, I don't believe you should put someone isolated where they would go mad--no matter what they've done. There is always a reason--mental illness, learning disability not caught, or faulty upbringing that got them there. No intervention as children/teens.

I watched a documentary where the inmate said the food was exactly the same every week. Again, there is chicken or turkey and then there is real chicken or fresh roasted turkey. I ate at a diner last night--turkey dinner--it was certainly no Christmas turkey. The potatoes were fake, the gravy was so salty I could hardly handle it, the dressing was a joke and I got cranberries in one of those little jam containers--barely a teaspoon of it. I imagine it was an old prison cook who prepared it.

One thing is I'm not going to go into a prison to find out what it's like. I have clausterphobia. That in itself would drive me nuts.

There is always a reason--mental illness, learning disability not caught, or faulty upbringing that got them there. No intervention as children/teens.

I always cringe when people suggest people like this needed more discipline, when in fact this kind of personality would just rebel harder against that.

DM I see as a bitter angry young man trapped in a gilded cage. I don't think either of WM or MB were good role models to him: they raised someone who is self-centered, arrogant, highly impulsive, manipulative. Where did DM learn to behave like this? Where there is a monster, there is a model for this behavior, because DM had to learn how to be this way. IMO.

MS I see as a bitter angry young man who never got any traction in his life. We never heard of any relationships beyond MM, little continued work, an aborted school career. MS was just permanently is "stall". I think he was enthralled by DM's wealth and identified with DM's bitter angry personality, and grew into DM's groupie/parasite. An entourage member.

I wonder what DM thinks about his "law can be intimidating" text to AM now?

I don't think there are any more murders. I think the phones gave LE a good idea of everything DM and MS was up to for the last few years.

I am suspecting they got a pretty good picture of DM's thoughts with 26,000 texts retrieved
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...by-20-more-things-the-bosma-jury-was-never-t/

19. This investigation marks the largest seizure of electronic data in any Ontario homicide case.

There were 26,000 text messages from Millard's phone alone and nine versions of disclosure.

I am suspecting they got a pretty good picture of DM's thoughts with 26,000 texts retrieved
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...by-20-more-things-the-bosma-jury-was-never-t/

19. This investigation marks the largest seizure of electronic data in any Ontario homicide case.

There were 26,000 text messages from Millard's phone alone and nine versions of disclosure.

I was interested to see recently that an investigator had to literally go to Apple headquarters in California to get the iPhone unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the reference is to it being a former pig farm...Robert Picton??

Yes, the pigfarmer. Could make one wonder if even the purchase of the farm, way back whenever it was, was also a part of a future plan that was starting to bud? I wonder if DM's interest in serial killers (he was wanting to bring his book on serial killers, which LH reported that he referred to as his 'bible', to court, IIRC) began long ago, or sometime after he found himself in jail, or sometime in between? I'm wondering if he took particular interest in what it was that ended up getting the serial killer(s) caught. The pigfarmer case was interesting too because of how he disposed of the bodies.

I wonder what DM thinks about his "law can be intimidating" text to AM now?

The only real work he might ever attempt in his life might be trying to represent himself at the LB trial. I expect it to go as well as his 15th mile in his infamous Baja race.

I'd like to see a forensic accounting report of all of the properties, loans etc. connected to DM. He paid over $800K in cash for the Ayr farm in May, 2011. DM reportedly said he was going to build a home there for him & his then-fiance. How was he going to finance the build? Where did the 800K in cash come from - the loan for the hangar?

DM & his then-fiance break up at some point, and WM dies in November, 2012. I'm just wondering if you can create a timeline with the flow of money and match it up to the alleged murders.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the information.)

ETA: Wondering if ABro will go over the finances in her upcoming book, which I'm looking forward to reading.

-Also - it's a good point about the Ayr farm being a former pig farm :( Maybe it's former use was also how he would hope to explain having the Eliminator.

I recalled reading an article by Nick Pron of the Toronto Star wherein he visited the wing where Paul Bernardo was kept incarcerated along with some other notorious murderers. The article below is from 2008 and relates to the Kingston Pen which we know has subsequently closed.

I'm not sure that it's ALL that rosey for ALL inmates IMO.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2008/04/26/a_notorious_killers_hell_on_earth.html

I'd like to see a forensic accounting report of all of the properties, loans etc. connected to DM. He paid over $800K in cash for the Ayr farm in May, 2011. DM reportedly said he was going to build a home there for him & his then-fiance. How was he going to finance the build? Where did the 800K in cash come from - the loan for the hangar?

I remember reading that WM must've known about and approved the expense for the Eliminator, and I would assume he must also have known and approved of his son buying an old pig farm for almost a million in cash. It was his company and his assets being used at that point, right?.. It's crossed my mind that what exactly WM knew, and when, might play some role in this story.

Just speculation and MOO.

I remember reading that WM must've known about and approved the expense for the Eliminator, and I would assume he must also have known and approved of his son buying an old pig farm for almost a million in cash. It was his company and his assets being used at that point, right?.. It's crossed my mind that what exactly WM knew, and when, might play some role in this story.

Just speculation and MOO.

Wasn't WM long deceased before the Eliminator was even discussed ?

Wasn't WM long deceased before the Eliminator was even discussed ?

No he died in November 2012. The Eliminator was obtained in July of that year, I thought.

So that iPad may be the one MS ended up with. I wondered about the 'find my iPad' feature & the GPS coordinates on photos that may have been taken with it. Why keep it, if it was SL's? A trophy?

I remember reading about SL lending her one so that she could look for work. I was thinking of LB today and SL's search for her bringing him to meeting with DM. DM denied speaking with LB before her disappearance until he was confronted with LB's phone records.
Mr. Millard was waiting on the patio when Mr. Lerner arrived at the Starbucks in a Chapters across from Square One mall in Mississauga on July 27, 2012. He was clearly in a hurry; there was no time to engage in small talk or for Mr. Lerner to get a coffee.

Throughout their conversation, which lasted less than five minutes, Mr. Millard was “calm” and “pretty collected” and even “cocky” as he acknowledged speaking by phone with Ms. Babcock, Mr. Lerner recalled.

“I certainly thought it was fishy, the fact that they had all these calls, the fact that he denied all these calls at first,” he said. “I thought that, at the very least, warranted further interest from the police.”

Mr. Lerner is considering filing an official complaint about the initial Toronto Police investigation into his friend’s disappearance. Along with some of her relatives, he faults police for doing little, including not following up on her phone records. Mr. Millard was not questioned at the time, according to Mr. Paradkar.

(BBM)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/what-if-game-haunts-babcock-friend/article18832997/

I noticed today as I drove along Trinity Road that Super Sucker is no longer in the building made infamous for catching the two vehicles on Security Video. I noticed last week that the sign was gone and the front of the building was being painted. Today, a new sign is up and Super Sucker is gone.

I know it's not a big deal, but it occurred to me that life has moved on. Things are changing and the story is entering a new and different phase. It is evolving. I hate using the word "story" but I'm lost for a substitute.

Just thought others may want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member