Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today as I drove along Trinity Road that Super Sucker is no longer in the building made infamous for catching the two vehicles on Security Video. I noticed last week that the sign was gone and the front of the building was being painted. Today, a new sign is up and Super Sucker is gone.

I know it's not a big deal, but it occurred to me that life has moved on. Things are changing and the story is entering a new and different phase. It is evolving. I hate using the word "story" but I'm lost for a substitute.

Just thought others may want to know.

I believe they were in process of a move a road over.

Sorry folks, we've just been advised that canlii has a made a mistake in publishing documents that are covered under a Publication Ban.

Nobody here did anything wrong, but all references to those documents have been removed. Do not discuss them or make reference to them at all.

Thanks.

I recalled reading an article by Nick Pron of the Toronto Star wherein he visited the wing where Paul Bernardo was kept incarcerated along with some other notorious murderers. The article below is from 2008 and relates to the Kingston Pen which we know has subsequently closed.

I'm not sure that it's ALL that rosey for ALL inmates IMO.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2008/04/26/a_notorious_killers_hell_on_earth.html

Just an FYI for anyone interested - Kingston Pen closed up in 2013. I guess at some point in the same year they offered tours of the closed penitentiary to raise funds for I believe United Way (I read something about them raising $150,000 for UW in 3 days). This summer they are once again offering tours to the public. I went on about a week ago to see if I could get tickets for some time this summer, and they were all sold out except for August 30th, 31st, and into September.

For context, these 90-minute tours are being held every 20 minutes from morning until around 7pm ish, 6 days per week, from summer through to sometime in the fall, except on one of those days (Tuesdays), the tours are open only to residents of Kingston, I guess to ensure their own population gets a fair shake at getting tickets. Moo. When the tickets were first released, they released half of them, with the remaining July tickets to be released on June 30th, and the remaining August tickets to be released on July 29th.

http://www.kingstonpentour.com/

I find myself with a bunch of mixed feelings the trial. I'm very happy DM and MS were found guilty of 1st degree murder and that neither of them got off with a lesser charge. I'm sad for Tim's family, of course. I'm very frustrated that so many people in DM and SM's circle have committed crimes and aren't being charged. I'd like to see everyone that gave a police testimony and then changed it, some several times, be charged with something, even if it is a slap on the wrist.

It was amazing how fast things happened once the jury came back with a verdict. I loved that they were sentenced immediately. I can't fathom what it must have been like for DM and MS, to spend months in the courtroom and then have that verdict come down so swiftly and definitively, knowing you aren't going to see the outside world for the next 25 years.

If LB's parents ever had hope to see their daughter once again alive (her mother said so) then their desperate hope may have gone, gone by now. They have to wait month over month until February 2017 to learn the facts and to have some closure (if possible at all). They would know already today that the accused (and the gang of friends) will lie, lie, lie and will accuse each other to muddy the water.
I agree with SuperSpy above and I'm sad for Laura's parents as well.

Wow. So, in a broad, general sense, what if... in any random case, someone mistakenly publishes documents that are under PB? Would they be facing legal charges for something like that?

Wow. So, in a broad, general sense, what if... in any random case, someone mistakenly publishes documents that are under PB? Would they be facing legal charges for something like that?
Someone mentioned before that someone in a Facebook group did it and police showed up at their door. Yikes

Abro, do you feel the book will adequately cover the whole story with the publication ban still in place, or do you anticipate further volumes after the other trials are concluded? Just curious.. can't wait to read this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this book come out in soft\hard cover or just kindle? Need to get a copy.

Looks like there will be hardcover and kindle and nook to start judging by the listings I've found while surfing. Paperback usually comes out after a bit.

We often have authors who are WS members, and discussion or promotion of their works are decided on a case by case basis. Since this case began, ABro has been a valuable source of information for us. Tricia has been consulted on this matter ... she has no problem with ABro's book about this case being discussed or promoted on Websleuths.

Just thinking about who may be called as witnesses in CN's trial. I wonder if MB will be called to testify as she is linked to things that went on the night CN and DM hid evidence. We might actually see MB in a courtroom. That should be interesting. I also wonder if the some of the same cast of characters will be called for LB's trial. Everybody and everything is so interconnected. CN knew LB. AM knew her. Was MM with MS at the time of LB's disappearance? It goes on and on.

Just thinking about who may be called as witnesses in CN's trial. I wonder if MB will be called to testify as she is linked to things that went on the night CN and DM hid evidence. We might actually see MB in a courtroom. That should be interesting. I also wonder if the some of the same cast of characters will be called for LB's trial. Everybody and everything is so interconnected. CN knew LB. AM knew her. Was MM with MS at the time of LB's disappearance? It goes on and on.

I expect MB to be called for the WM trial, as she was one of the first on the scene when WM's "suicide" was discovered.

I am not sure how much MB would have to do with the LB situation. It seems to me that MB was only involved in the cover-up of the TB murder, but had no inkling of it before the fact. I doubt she knew much at all about LB - it would be DM and MS's buddies that knew all about that.

Just thinking about who may be called as witnesses in CN's trial.

I suspect even DM could be compelled to testify in CN's trial, though I have no idea if that's typical in AATF cases or what the likelihood of that would be. Would be interesting though.

I expect MB to be called for the WM trial, as she was one of the first on the scene when WM's "suicide" was discovered.

I am not sure how much MB would have to do with the LB situation. It seems to me that MB was only involved in the cover-up of the TB murder, but had no inkling of it before the fact. I doubt she knew much at all about LB - it would be DM and MS's buddies that knew all about that.
Agree. IMHO, MB won't materialize in the flesh until WM's trial and I think she may have to borrow some of CN's "Court Appearance" wardrobe because MSM may be more than anxious to get a glimpse of her. Honestly, I can't imagine being in the woman's shoes. For some reason, I don't believe her and DM were all that close until DM decided to bop his dad- then, the master manipulator DM needed to pull her in and she was more than willing to go into his little web of psychopathic madness. Was it for redeeming herself as a parent? The money? Hard to say until we get a read on her. IMHO, she may be a star witness in the CN trial. Wouldn't it be funny if her story about what happened that night isn't anything like CN's? Wonder if she remembers what her and CN did or will her only recollection be feeding her cats? Maybe, since DM has been found guilty, MB will throw CN under the bus? All my own imagination, feelings and opinions!

And I'm adding this because I just remembered that LE didn't know about MB and CN wiping down the trailer until CN testified- so I don't know if that's admissible at the CN trial or not. Would they need to get a statement from MB to make it admissible? There was that little tidbit CN thru in about MB directing her were to wipe, so CN did implicate her. All thoughts on the subject welcome! MOO

I suspect even DM could be compelled to testify in CN's trial, though I have no idea if that's typical in AATF cases or what the likelihood of that would be. Would be interesting though.

DM testifying at CN's trial...mmmmm...wonder what side of the psychopath will show up? IMO, DM doesn't need CN anymore. She can't provide him with any favours- she got him into even a bigger mess with the letters; she wasn't able to get incriminating testimony changed- what good would it be for him to try to bail her out? I'm thinking DM may be CN's worse nightmare. MOO

DM testifying at CN's trial...mmmmm...wonder what side of the psychopath will show up? IMO, DM doesn't need CN anymore. She can't provide him with any favours- she got him into even a bigger mess with the letters; she wasn't able to get incriminating testimony changed- what good would it be for him to try to bail her out? I'm thinking DM may be CN's worse nightmare. MOO
Not to mention she already said in court she hates him for dragging her into this mess. If he believes that it's even more reason to bring her down and not help her case IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties