Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... DM believes it was unfair that evidence of the incineration and from searches of his home, farm, and electronic devices was included in his trial. How convenient.

:boohoo:​

Does anyone know the criteria for entering a property to search/gather evidence in Ontario? A warrant, correct? I know it has been years since we all followed the search for Tim and subsequently the search for evidence, but I'm pretty certain we heard about the warrants and authorities having to wait before entering the farm.

According to DM's appeal, if we excluded home, farm and electronic evidence, Tim would still be regarded as "missing". I shake my head. I know DM is grasping at straws, but... gahhh.

I'm still making my way through the Canlii documents. I found the parts bolded below to be interesting (and new to me).

[7] By May 10, 2013 Hamilton Police received information from various reliable sources pointing to Millard as a person of interest, or suspect. Following a request to other police services for information related to individuals with a tattoo of the word “ambition”, Hamilton Police learned that Millard had such a distinct tattoo and matched the description provided by the witnesses in other material aspects. Other investigative queries received from the Toronto Police Service into the applicant’s father’s 2012 sudden death revealed that Millard was depicted as wearing an over-the- shoulder satchel type bag.
^^ I wonder if it is normal for police to note what other people are wearing when attending a residence for apparent suicide, or if DM specifically caught their interest. I'm sure we'll learn more as that trial begins.

[16] The Crown seeks to prove that the applicant’s utterances were voluntary beyond a reasonable doubt for use at trial. It is submitted the applicant was inviting conversation to determine what the police had on him. The police informed him they were investigating a “missing guy” from Hamilton. Millard was probing the police as much as they were probing him. The applicant was not detained in any manner, in fact or by belief.

[28] Although not verbatim, initially in the reception area, Millard advised the police that he thought they [the police] were going to ask to look through the hangar; that the hangar was only a year old and he inherited it from his father. Millard inquired twice why the police had come to see him at the hangar and when informed that the police received a tip that led them there, he replied: "is this about Tim and the truck. I think I see something about that on Facebook”. The officers opined that the applicant’s utterances were unusual.
^^ First-name basis, huh.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2015/2015onsc6704/2015onsc6704.html

I'm still making my way through the Canlii documents. I found the parts bolded below to be interesting (and new to me).

^^ I wonder if it is normal for police to note what other people are wearing when attending a residence for apparent suicide, or if DM specifically caught their interest. I'm sure we'll learn more as that trial begins.

^^ First-name basis, huh.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2015/2015onsc6704/2015onsc6704.html

Thanks, jash. Is there a main link where I can find all of the canlii documents?

Do you remember reading about this exchange between CN and TD? Somehow I missed this...

Then Dungey turned to Noudga’s own handwritten notes, seized when she was arrested and officers searched her home. Police found dozens of letters written by Millard in jail and smuggled to her. Also seized were draft letters to him and notes, like a diary, she said.

One of her notes is titled “Brilliant Ideas.”

Dungey then read a broken series of point-form notes about a scheme to profit from the criminal life of future boyfriends.

“Bonus: cannot kill me because I will have a signed confession … get money from them (another option).”

Dungey asked what she meant.

“If I date anyone else I should find out if they have a criminal life,” she explained.

That way I could blackmail them and receive something in return. It was too late for Dellen,” she said. It would be “a way for me to profit” from a boyfriend’s criminal activity.

“Through blackmail?” asked Dungey.

“Yes,” she said.

“So this is your criminal mind at work?”

She said she didn’t have a criminal mind.

“What would you call it?”

“A childish idea that I wrote down,” she said. “I tend to have a bad sense of humour.”

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/05/04...n-how-to-blackmail-future-criminal-boyfriends

I think someone on here was asking about the "brilliant ideas" notes on here. I tried finding the actual handwritten notes but this is pretty good info. Thanks for bringing it forward again. I do remember reading this.

The biggest thing that stands out to me is once again, DM has planned and prepared his appeal almost as if he already knew he would need it. And MS on the other hand well, wasn't prepared for his outcome perhaps? JMO

If MS is not guilty of M1, he has had 3 years to put together a more conclusive list why trial was unfair and specifically why he feels wronged.

If MS is not guilty of M1, he has had 3 years to put together a more conclusive list why trial was unfair and specifically why he feels wronged.

Boohoo MS. I'm sure everyone who has been convicted of murder think their trial was unfair!

great post on Sharlene Bosma ...interview....I am glad this is over for TB wife...She rejoices that she never has to walk into another courtroom and talks about her daughter...Thanks for posting it...SnopperDuper....Robynhood!

Re CN-Dungey exchange on blackmailing
I remember the exchange; but not this lengthy and detailed of an explanation from her. so basically missing the first two sentences from this quote above from Snooper,
after Dungey asks her what she meant. The rest seems right.

Reading through the CanLII documents.... I found this:
[7] In particular, the media coalition seeks an Order that certain pre-trial motions are not subject to a statutory publication ban and that information regarding these motions may be published, subject to the Crown or defence meeting the “Dagenais/Mentuck” test. These particular pre-trial motions include:
a) Application for change of venue;
b) Application to allow the accused to sit at counsel table;
c) Motion to have lunch brought in by defence counsel for both accused.
d) Motion to unshackle the accused;
e) Motion for a shower and shave for Millard before court each day;
f) Motion to allow the accused to read case-related and spiritual material in their cells at the courthouse;
g) Motion to use pencil and paper during pre-trial motions in court.

As if there was a motion for DM to shower & shave before court. Wow.

Reading through the CanLII documents.... I found this:
[7] In particular, the media coalition seeks an Order that certain pre-trial motions are not subject to a statutory publication ban and that information regarding these motions may be published, subject to the Crown or defence meeting the “Dagenais/Mentuck” test. These particular pre-trial motions include:
a) Application for change of venue;
b) Application to allow the accused to sit at counsel table;
c) Motion to have lunch brought in by defence counsel for both accused.
d) Motion to unshackle the accused;
e) Motion for a shower and shave for Millard before court each day;
f) Motion to allow the accused to read case-related and spiritual material in their cells at the courthouse;
g) Motion to use pencil and paper during pre-trial motions in court.

As if there was a motion for DM to shower & shave before court. Wow.

All of the above motions are in the best interests of the accused (appearance (both personal grooming and outward appearance to jury), comfort, etc.).
Millard even wanted the incinerator and electronic device contents evidence suppressed as that made him look bad??? Hello - relevant evidence - how could that be banned, and still give a fair trial and justice for Tim???

These two are unbelievable, as are their defence lawyers. It's all about creating illusion of clean cut, and "normal" looking accused. Not in shackles or in prison uniform, as that would be prejudicial to them.

Even moreso if they are innocent I'm sure. The same could be said about Truscott and Morin.

If they are innocent, then where is Tim Bosma, and why isn't he at home with his family? Simplistic question, but you do understand where I am coming from, I hope?

MOO

If they are innocent, then where is Tim Bosma, and why isn't he at home with his family? Simplistic question, but you do understand where I am coming from, I hope?

MOO
When I said "they" , it was in reference to someone specific not being guilty. As in, if a person is innocent "they" (that person) would feel their trial was unfair as did many other innocent men. GPM. ST and DM to name a few. I hope you understand where I'm coming from as well, and innocent people who have been wrongly convicted. It does happen. Not just in Canada. I'd hate to be that person. Guilty by association isn't uncommon

When I said "they" , it was in reference to someone specific not being guilty. As in, if a person is innocent "they" (that person) would feel their trial was unfair as did many other innocent men. GPM. ST and DM to name a few. I hope you understand where I'm coming from as well, and innocent people who have been wrongly convicted. It does happen. Not just in Canada. I'd hate to be that person. Guilty by association isn't uncommon

They (DM and MS) did not deny that they were the 2 men who took Tim and his truck for a test drive. This test drive resulted in Tim's death by these two men. Therefore, they are guilty of Tim's death in some way, shape or manner. They are not innocent of that, period. I realize in their minds, they aren't guilty of M1, but no one agrees with that thinking, especially the jury.
I don't believe this is a case of convicting the wrong individuals who commited this crime which resulted in the death of Tim Bosma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking