Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AM has a couple of photos on his Instagram where you can clearly see his infamous Baja tattoo. If I didn't wish to be aligned with DM, I might have that tattoo removed, or at least not linked to my public profile. I might take photos of guns, shells & shooting off there as well.

View attachment 97783View attachment 97784

Michalski Photo: http://www.lfpress.com/2016/04/14/parties-with-drugs-women-and-bacon-the-millionaire-lifestyle-of-tim-bosmas-accused-killer-dellen-millard
Millard Photo: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/millard-looked-over-at-me-and-put-his-hands-up-jury-hears-of-suspects-arrest-for-bosmas-disappearance

I think when you see Justin Trudeau on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram...it confuses things for people. It makes it seem as if people only make themselves public online for public relations purposes.

What AM has there is more of an unedited diary. We're asking him to sculpt it into a PR message we'd like. I think anyone that got drawn in this case might take 10 years to see straight. If I were AM, I'd probably still be just coping, not really thinking about making an image for myself.

I think when you see Justin Trudeau on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram...it confuses things for people. It makes it seem as if people only make themselves public online for public relations purposes.

What AM has there is more of an unedited diary. We're asking him to sculpt it into a PR message we'd like. I think anyone that got drawn in this case might take 10 years to see straight. If I were AM, I'd probably still be just coping, not really thinking about making an image for myself.

It's also a different world for people of AM/DM/MS/CN's age group. They tend to live through their social media. They actually don't really know any other way because they grew up with it. Here I am in my 50's and I have everything locked down as tight as I think I can get it and yet younger people have their lives wide open for all to see. I have no secrets but like to keep my life private. Younger people tell all - including where when and how. I tind it incredible.

It's also a different world for people of AM/DM/MS/CN's age group. They tend to live through their social media. They actually don't really know any other way because they grew up with it. Here I am in my 50's and I have everything locked down as tight as I think I can get it and yet younger people have their lives wide open for all to see. I have no secrets but like to keep my life private. Younger people tell all - including where when and how. I tind it incredible.

20 years ago, a friend went to Japan and he was a real techie: he had one of those new digital cameras. He brought back the best vacation photos and because he was not burdened by the cost of film, he took photos of all of the food that he ate. I thought he was such a unique and interesting guy with such novel ideas!

You do have to keep in mind that AM was born into a different era. Older people saw these new technologies as something not to be trusted, as they saw all of their flaws laid open as they developed. AM and pals were born into a world where these technologies were widely trusted, and they never learned of the systems behind them (like cell phone tracking capabilities).

I think younger people are much more open to feedback: they want to know what other people think of them, because it helps them build their identity. Older people have an identity, and are not open to challenges to it.

I think Facebook or WS or some other media can also help create the illusion that you are part of a closed community when in reality you are broadcasting to the world.

I understand that for some people social media is a type of diary, for some it's PR or mix of both. If, for AM, it's an unedited look at his life- where are all the photos of him coming and going to court? Front-page news photos of him when he testified? Pretty big milestone.

From the trial, he struck me as someone who had sobered up to the truth. However, one of AM's latest tattoos on his Instagram page is a skull engulfed by (what looks like) flames. Another skull with flames or smoke blocking the right eye of a skull. It's not a stretch to connect those images to the deaths in this case.

I know the answer is to not look back again at what DM's crowd is doing and expect them to be doing better. I hope they will.

20 years ago, a friend went to Japan and he was a real techie: he had one of those new digital cameras. He brought back the best vacation photos and because he was not burdened by the cost of film, he took photos of all of the food that he ate. I thought he was such a unique and interesting guy with such novel ideas!

You do have to keep in mind that AM was born into a different era. Older people saw these new technologies as something not to be trusted, as they saw all of their flaws laid open as they developed. AM and pals were born into a world where these technologies were widely trusted, and they never learned of the systems behind them (like cell phone tracking capabilities).

I think younger people are much more open to feedback: they want to know what other people think of them, because it helps them build their identity. Older people have an identity, and are not open to challenges to it.

I think Facebook or WS or some other media can also help create the illusion that you are part of a closed community when in reality you are broadcasting to the world.

BBM Contrary to that, DM & his pals used at least one burner phone, deleted messages, removed sim cards, phones went missing, used & removed GPS tracking devices....

Adam Carter has tweeted that DM will appeal his conviction.

Adam Carter has tweeted that DM will appeal his conviction.

Millard's lawyer at the Bosma trial, Ravin Pillay, confirmed the news Monday.

"Mr. Millard intends to appeal the verdict and a notice of appeal will be filed shortly," he said.

Pillay did not elaborate about the grounds on which the appeal would be based.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/dellen-millard-appeal-bosma-1.3663873

I watched the verdict being announced on the CBC, and a lawyer said an appeal would be expected for a 1st degree conviction. It was a lengthy trial, with a lot of testimony which might give DM a greater chance at finding grounds to appeal.

He also said the person convicted might choose to appeal with a different lawyer in part to possibly criticize or poke holes in their representation.

It's just the next step in the process. They have to appeal within 30 days if they are going to appeal, and no one ever doesn't.

I felt the Sun's article yesterday was almost trolling for a reaction from Millard - and that came the very next day, in the form of the announcement that he'd appeal.

He also said the person convicted might choose to appeal with a different lawyer in part to possibly criticize or poke holes in their representation.
<rsbm>

So, do we smell a new lawyer coming up for appeal? LOL

No they haven't been convicted of anything, that's the problem. The trial saw a parade of witnesses that admitted to breaking the law numerous times, and none of them have faced any sort of consequences. If they are going to lead any sort of public life on the net, they better get used to being harassed as they certainly deserve it. I've got no sympathy for these people and neither should anyone else.

Does Canada's criminal code regarding cyberbullying and online harassment make exceptions for a situation like this?

<rsbm>

So, do we smell a new lawyer coming up for appeal? LOL

Perhaps DM will want to conduct his own appeal hearing. That's the only way he can attend and I suspect that he'd like to attend. He has a pretty remote chance of winning the appeal hearing, so at least it'd be an outing for him.

I sat in on an appeal hearing at Osgood Hall once, and the judges discussed evidence that was not heard by the jury at the trial. Can the judges discuss evidence that was squashed at the trial because it linked to the other two murders? Does anyone here know for sure? My guess is that they can.

My prediction is that the appeal court will support the conviction based on the evidence, and that even if there were some errors at the trial, they will be deemed to be minor and of no consequence.

Of course DM appealed. I would expect nothing less. Just another way to waste our tax dollars not to mention provoking more pain and upset to the Bosma Family. MOO

Police officers -- they're just like us. :D
On Sunday May 12th, 2013 Detective [J] received a phone call from Toronto Police Constable . Constable works in 22 Division as a field intelligence officer. Constable was aware of this investigation and knew that investigators were looking to identify Mark. Through open sources on the internet Constable located a Mark Daniel SMICH associated with Dellen MILLARD.

And this says something, IMO.
[JV] asked investigators to pause the interview video as he was very concerned about his own son’s safety when talking about Mark. [JV] asked that if he said anything what would happen. [JV] stated that he doesn’t trust Mark.

Link: http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2015/2015onsc6633/2015onsc6633.html (para. 17)

Did it come out at trial that police found a bag containing ammo at MS's house?
[46] The police executed the search warrant on May 22, 2013. While the post-facto fruits of the search of the residence cannot be used to sustain inadequate grounds in the ITO, the police seized items including but not limited to the applicant&#8217;s health card; a calendar with phone number 647-219-7086 written on it, a small plastic bag containing 11 22-calibre rounds, two laptops, a bag of marihuana and the yellow and black tool box.

I sincerely feel for MS's mother. This would have been terrifying and confusing.
[53] The police executed the search warrant on May 22, 2013. The police Emergency Response Unit entered first using a battering ram on the front door and employing a distraction device as they entered. According to the evidence, Officer [K] was positioned in the backyard. He saw the applicant&#8217;s mother, whom he described as &#8220;older&#8221;, in the backyard. He &#8220;hollered&#8221; for her to come to him, but she &#8220;ignored&#8221; him and went inside. The police entered the house to find the applicant&#8217;s mother coming in from the patio holding gloves and scissors. Officer ordered her to put the items down and to get on the ground. The applicant&#8217;s mother was hysterical and not following the instruction. Officer kicked a wooden coffee table out of the way and broke one of its legs against the fireplace. He told the applicant&#8217;s mother to sit on the couch, which she did.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2015/2015onsc6633/2015onsc6633.html

It's just the next step in the process. They have to appeal within 30 days if they are going to appeal, and no one ever doesn't.

I felt the Sun's article yesterday was almost trolling for a reaction from Millard - and that came the very next day, in the form of the announcement that he'd appeal.
Adrian Humphreys posted a very interesting tweet that was on Adam's wall but since gone it looks like (still on AH) saying he beat the CBC with the scoop on this 17 days ago.

Appears DM's buddies did know he had been arrested Friday (It was not on the news until Saturday)

On Friday May 10 at about midnight, Michalski received a phone call from Mark “that the cops got Dell”. Smich directed him to remove all the drugs from Dell’s homes.

First time I am hearing the shell casing had Bosma's blood on it
A shell casing with Bosma’s blood was found in Bosma’s truck, which was located in a trailer owned by Millard.

They have a guy charged with this Pimental murder, but I couldn't help but notice the DM-like gate and white shoes of the guy in this photo. I looked this up as someone mentioned he'd left the country Feb 2012 and he seemed to do that after a murder (assumption) so I was looking at unsolved cases. A guy was charged in 2015.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/..._in_2012_liberty_village_murder_released.html

Not to belabour the point, but in this combo of 3 photos, I think I see the man holding a murse to his side. I don't think it's the girl's because the girl in a front facing photo doesn't have a purse.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1750541/m...s-police-release-new-images-in-2012-homicide/

DM could still have his mohawk. He is in other photos wearing light wash jeans as this guy was described to have work, and he does wear them horribly baggy about the knee. What do you think?

Did it come out at trial that police found a bag containing ammo at MS's house?

I sincerely feel for MS's mother. This would have been terrifying and confusing.

Agreed.
They seem to have left out the part where they likely would have guns drawn. After all it was no knock at the door. They used a battering ram on the front door and she was hysterical with the officer kicking the coffee table. 60+ yr old woman who was battling cancer. Based on what I've read I'm not even sure English is her first language. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery