Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just popped in today-seems like forever since I followed the thread! As much as I love true crime, it's been nice to get back to work without thinking about this trial. Justice has been served and life goes on. DM & MS have both been found guilty as charged- locked up with nothing to look forward to except appeals and future murder trials.

IMHO, there's nothing unusual about either of them appealing. They have the option available, so why wouldn't they utilize it? I doubt it will garner the same amount of excitement that the trial did. DM & MS got their 4 months of fame. I waffled many times on MS because I just couldn't bring myself to believe that there could be more than 1 evil person looking to get their jollies watching a body burn in an incinerator. I almost thought MS was telling the truth on the stand; I really wanted to believe that MS couldn't be that good on the stand if he was lying. But- then MS, with sincerity and conviction told a very big lie-under oath, in front of a Jury- he said he didn't own a gun. In my mind, that discredited absolutely everything he had said and I realized that I had underestimated MS. He's a "player" and DM was his "rich" playmate. Gotta give it to the guy- he was convincing at times. If anything at all, I hope DM stayed up at night worrying that MS may be able to get away with it.

IMHO, both of these guys are psychopaths with no respect for human life. Yep- they're appealing, but IMO, they'll stay behind bars and be found guilty on the other charges. Perhaps little Miss CN will be making a reservation at a nearby facility. MOO

MS lied to save himself - at this point, what's one more lie? Each man for himself and he had a chance to plant enough doubt in jury's minds that he was a dupe and had no idea what the plan was for that night (ya right...).

Glad the jury saw through the BS and came to the correct conclusion for both of these lowlifes. It would have been a travesty of justice if either one was allowed to walk free. The additional M1 charges for LB and WM should solidify DM's position in prison as a permanent one with zero chance of parole ever, and MS can also rot in prison for the LB conviction as LE wouldn't have charged him if they didn't have evidence of this crime and were able to tie MS into it conclusively.

Just MOO

Hi all! Hope everyone is keeping very well.

I just received a tweet to let me know that the U.S. Podcast about Tim Bosma is now available for download.

I can't seem to be able to copy the actual iTunes podcast link, but if you go to their website link below you will be able to access it from there.

I haven't listened to it myself yet. I hope it is well done. Having a wonderful time babysitting 'til tomorrow night!! Will listen then.

http://tiegrabber.com/index.php/true-crime-brewery/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all! Hope everyone is keeping very well.

I just received a tweet to let me know that the U.S. Podcast about Tim Bosma is now available for download.

I can't seem to be able to copy the actual iTunes podcast link, but if you go to their website link below you will be able to access it from there.

I haven't listened to it myself yet. I hope it is well done. Having a wonderful time babysitting 'til tomorrow night!! Will listen then.

http://tiegrabber.com/index.php/true-crime-brewery/

I'm about to listen to the podcast, I'll be back shortly with thoughts [emoji4]

Thanks for the link!

Thoughts as I listen, none of which are insightful (lol), just thoughts:

- The narrator says around 0:55 that the incinerator was found near Millard's home, but we know it was found at the farm not near his home (the podcaster corrects this in her intro later).

- I would have rather not heard the podcasters read out their reviews, but continued to listen in case I missed something.

- On the beer side, our part of Ontario has many excellent local breweries that could have been chosen. But that's not really a concern here, haha. The beer they chose sounds delicious though.

- Interesting that the male narrator says that although he doesn't know if DM has a psychiatric diagnosis, that he should be diagnosed (not verbatim, I didn't want to skip back for exact wording).

- They say either Millard family or Millardair went bankrupt in 1990 but recovered. Did we know this?

- I like their observation around 14:40 that Millard collected aimless young people. As we had discussed here before, he seemed to collect a lot of things but I hadn't thought of collecting in terms of people as well.

- "What is it with all these low-class white guys who think they wanna be rappers" (lol).

- 16:20 re: the gun being a dirty girl, the male podcaster says, "Oh jeez, what an *advertiser censored**hole" (lol, didn't most of us want to say that out loud?). The friends are also called "pretty *advertiser censored**in' stupid" by male podcaster.

- It is mentioned that, to the police, the hangar looked like a chop shop. We haven't heard much more about that, I wonder if we will after publication bans are lifted.

- They laugh at idea of needing incinerator for pet cremation business [emoji39]

- They observe (like we have) that after spending ~$20,000 on an incinerator he could have bought a truck, leading to discussion about the thrill kill aspect.

- They call this "an easy case to solve" with all of the pieces DM and MS left behind.

- The podcasters have a really hard time pronouncing peoples' names which is distracting, maybe something to practice beforehand.

- They equate Millard's friends/followers to a cult willing to protect him and to rats deserting a sinking ship once DM and MS were in jail.

- They don't think CN, MM or MB are innocent bystanders and that they all knew much more than they let on (which most of us seem to agree with).

I didn't get much out of the podcast, really. Not after following the case for over three years and knowing what we have known along the way. I'd recommend it to someone who had never heard about the case to give the broad strokes, but there was no sleuthing behind the podcast. Nothing one couldn't read in any MSM article, even before the lift of some of the publication bans. I'm interested to see what others here think, though.

On an unrelated note, the female voice reminds me of Molly Ringwald's voice.

It seems that they did the majority of their research on YouTube, which makes it surprising that they couldn't even pronounce DM and MS's surnames. I think they would be more sure of the details (e.g., Millard did NOT have a beard when he came to TB's) if they had read some news articles. Their take didn't really add anything but a lot of "I know"s and "Sure"s. I also don't agree that MM knew more than she let on. I think MB, CN and SS knew more than they let on, but I think MM spoke the whole truth that she knew.

- The narrator says around 0:55 that the incinerator was found near Millard's home, but we know it was found at the farm not near his home (the podcaster corrects this in her intro later).

- I would have rather not heard the podcasters read out their reviews, but continued to listen in case I missed something.

- On the beer side, our part of Ontario has many excellent local breweries that could have been chosen. But that's not really a concern here, haha. The beer they chose sounds delicious though.

- Interesting that the male narrator says that although he doesn't know if DM has a psychiatric diagnosis, that he should be diagnosed (not verbatim, I didn't want to skip back for exact wording).

- They say either Millard family or Millardair went bankrupt in 1990 but recovered. Did we know this? Yes, May 31, 1990 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millardair

- I like their observation around 14:40 that Millard collected aimless young people. As we had discussed here before, he seemed to collect a lot of things but I hadn't thought of collecting in terms of people as well. I thought that was interesting as well. DM's former classmates said that he didn't fit in at school with the other wealthy students. It's interesting that he then surrounded himself with younger, aimless followers as 'friends'.

- "What is it with all these low-class white guys who think they wanna be rappers" (lol).

- 16:20 re: the gun being a dirty girl, the male podcaster says, "Oh jeez, what an *advertiser censored**hole" (lol, didn't most of us want to say that out loud?). The friends are also called "pretty *advertiser censored**in' stupid" by male podcaster.I found that candor refreshing :)

- It is mentioned that, to the police, the hangar looked like a chop shop. We haven't heard much more about that, I wonder if we will after publication bans are lifted.

- They laugh at idea of needing incinerator for pet cremation business [emoji39]

- They observe (like we have) that after spending ~$20,000 on an incinerator he could have bought a truck, leading to discussion about the thrill kill aspect.

- They call this "an easy case to solve" with all of the pieces DM and MS left behind. It might seem easy to reporters looking at the case now, but the police did an excellent job piecing it all together - and IT, who also took MS & DM on a test drive, gave key evidence (the 'ambition' tattoo)

- The podcasters have a really hard time pronouncing peoples' names which is distracting, maybe something to practice beforehand.

- They equate Millard's friends/followers to a cult willing to protect him and to rats deserting a sinking ship once DM and MS were in jail.

- They don't think CN, MM or MB are innocent bystanders and that they all knew much more than they let on (which most of us seem to agree with).

I didn't get much out of the podcast, really. Not after following the case for over three years and knowing what we have known along the way. I'd recommend it to someone who had never heard about the case to give the broad strokes, but there was no sleuthing behind the podcast. Nothing one couldn't read in any MSM article, even before the lift of some of the publication bans. I'm interested to see what others here think, though.

BBM - my answers in red.

For a very complicated case, I think they did very well. They did mention that MS had the 'Lucas Bate' burner phone, which I believe was only used by DM.

I loved the podcast. I think they discussed the case candidly in a relaxed but educated way that fits the format.

After the trial, a few reporters that covered the case daily sat down in a cafe on camera and discussed the case (it might have been with CHCH tv - I forget). This podcast is similar to that style of case discussion.

ETA: I appreciated the respect they gave to TB & his family.

"

- They say either Millard family or Millardair went bankrupt in 1990 but recovered. Did we know this?

- I like their observation around 14:40 that Millard collected aimless young people. As we had discussed here before, he seemed to collect a lot of things but I hadn't thought of collecting in terms of people as well.

- 16:20 re: the gun being a dirty girl, the male podcaster says, "Oh jeez, what an *advertiser censored**hole" (lol, didn't most of us want to say that out loud?). The friends are also called "pretty *advertiser censored**in' stupid" by male podcaster.

- They call this "an easy case to solve" with all of the pieces DM and MS left behind.

"

I wish I would have read your article before I spent time listening to it.

I just popped in today-seems like forever since I followed the thread! As much as I love true crime, it's been nice to get back to work without thinking about this trial. Justice has been served and life goes on. DM & MS have both been found guilty as charged- locked up with nothing to look forward to except appeals and future murder trials.

IMHO, there's nothing unusual about either of them appealing. They have the option available, so why wouldn't they utilize it? I doubt it will garner the same amount of excitement that the trial did. DM & MS got their 4 months of fame. I waffled many times on MS because I just couldn't bring myself to believe that there could be more than 1 evil person looking to get their jollies watching a body burn in an incinerator. I almost thought MS was telling the truth on the stand; I really wanted to believe that MS couldn't be that good on the stand if he was lying. But- then MS, with sincerity and conviction told a very big lie-under oath, in front of a Jury- he said he didn't own a gun. In my mind, that discredited absolutely everything he had said and I realized that I had underestimated MS. He's a "player" and DM was his "rich" playmate. Gotta give it to the guy- he was convincing at times. If anything at all, I hope DM stayed up at night worrying that MS may be able to get away with it.

IMHO, both of these guys are psychopaths with no respect for human life. Yep- they're appealing, but IMO, they'll stay behind bars and be found guilty on the other charges. Perhaps little Miss CN will be making a reservation at a nearby facility. MOO

Great seeing you are still popping in every now and again MsSherlock. And it is awesome to see other members still holding down the fort and keeping up with and posting the latest information. Excellent point about MS owning a gun and then perjuring himself on the stand MsSherlock. What is so frustrating is that MS was allowed to lie and the defense was not allowed to bring forth the evidence to prove his lies. Or was it perhaps the Crown felt damn confident they had a slam dunk case with all the damaging evidence against these two psychos. If it was the case MS was allowed to perjury himself and the Crown couldn't bring forth the evidence because it was deemed inadmissible, this is such BS IMHO and shouldn't be allowed to happened in our courtrooms. As I said it's perjury. Text from MS to DM about "fireworks" and "hungry for a mission"...come on, we all know exactly what was on MS's minds. Through this article you can read so so many lies told by MS.

Such a relief to know the jury got it right in Tim's case and these won't be going anywhere where they won't be heavily guarded and under lock and key for the rest of their lives. CN...I hope she gets a sentence long enough so she cannot produce someone in her likeness. Sometimes genetics suck kwim. JMHO. Now off to listen to the podcast and thanks for sharing Mrs. TG. :)

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...xam-mark-smich-at-tim-bosma-murder-trial.html

Great seeing you are still popping in every now and again MsSherlock. And it is awesome to see other members still holding down the fort and keeping up with and posting the latest information. Excellent point about MS owning a gun and then perjuring himself on the stand MsSherlock. What is so frustrating is that MS was allowed to lie and the defense was not allowed to bring forth the evidence to prove his lies. Or was it perhaps the Crown felt damn confident they had a slam dunk case with all the damaging evidence against these two psychos. If it was the case MS was allowed to perjury himself and the Crown couldn't bring forth the evidence because it was deemed inadmissible, this is such BS IMHO and shouldn't be allowed to happened in our courtrooms. As I said it's perjury. Text from MS to DM about "fireworks" and "hungry for a mission"...come on, we all know exactly what was on MS's minds. Through this article you can read so so many lies told by MS.

Such a relief to know the jury got it right in Tim's case and these won't be going anywhere where they won't be heavily guarded and under lock and key for the rest of their lives. CN...I hope she gets a sentence long enough so she cannot produce someone in her likeness. Sometimes genetics suck kwim. JMHO. Now off to listen to the podcast and thanks for sharing Mrs. TG. :)

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...xam-mark-smich-at-tim-bosma-murder-trial.html

QUOTE=JPC;12702312]There is not a 'no contact' between CN and MWJ right? Pure speculation but wondering if the red shoes in court were a sign to DM that the gun was successfully disposed of? Long shot but who knows?

I'm sure there are many "code words" and signs that DM and MS used between themselves, and amongst their entourage of friends. We will never know the full extent of these people's knowledge, participation or admittance of what actually happened. Everyone is out to save their own *advertiser censored** at this point. Lies have been, and will continue to be, told.

CN will do her best to claim she knew nothing, and all the evidence on her will be explained away as she didn't understand the connection to moving evidence after crime, or had no idea who the stolen truck belonged to, and what had happened to TB. Her selective memory will of course be in her favour and unless LE have very strong evidence against her, she will most likely get away with it. Let's hope the evidence covered by publication ban will finally be what puts her away for a long prison terms. CN should NEVER be allowed to become a medical doctor, as she has betrayed the public's trust and cannot be allowed become a licenced doctor in Ontario, or any other province for that matter!

MJW aka "Isho" will play dumb and not admit he knew what DM wanted the guns for, and a "dirty girl" will be explained away as something completely innocent, leaving enough doubt in the jury's mind that he was not aware of anything to do with DM's three M1 charges.

MS will throw DM under the bus at the LB trial if there is anything that might solidify the case against DM, as he has nothing to gain now by helping DM, as he is now a convicted murderer, thanks to his missions with DM. Will be interesting to see what MS's involvement was with LB case.

All MOO of course...

BBM - my answers in red.

For a very complicated case, I think they did very well. They did mention that MS had the 'Lucas Bate' burner phone, which I believe was only used by DM.

I loved the podcast. I think they discussed the case candidly in a relaxed but educated way that fits the format.

After the trial, a few reporters that covered the case daily sat down in a cafe on camera and discussed the case (it might have been with CHCH tv - I forget). This podcast is similar to that style of case discussion.

ETA: I appreciated the respect they gave to TB & his family.

BBM

I finally listened to it, and I am glad that a few other WSers were able to listen too. And very interesting to read all of your comments. [emoji4]

I know that their type of podcast isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There wasn't anything that we didn't already know in the podcast, but I didn't expect that there would be, what with all our pub bans (rightfully so, IMO) here in Canada. I was very glad that some of Sharlene's words were included in the edited audio clips at the beginning of the podcast. And I found it to be emotionally engaging.

There were a few minor errors, but I think that, as Lexi said, the case was a complex one which we all know because we followed it for such a long time, and I can see how some things would get confusing during their research. I do appreciate all the time and effort that they did put into this podcast.

I am glad that followers of their U.S. podcast will hear about people/a case which so mattered to much of the Canadian public.

MOO

I wonder if DM or MS have access to this website. Imagine their reactions??

[video=twitter;756299251240566784]https://twitter.com/thespec/status/756299251240566784[/video]

Inmates do not have access to the internet.
I often wonder if MS and DM have been successful keeping their support networks going- like MB for DM or if everyone on the outside has gotten a wakeup call and stopped supporting these two in their bids to tamper with evidence- especially DM. Any idea what facility they're at? When it's said that DM doesn't have access to the internet, since he's representing himself in the LB case, would he not be able to use a computer and have supervised access to the internet?

Nice to see MWJ had a bit of bad luck- now if CN gets found guilty and is sent off to do her time, and DM & MS are found guilty of their other charges, I'll consider it a nice Grand Slam!

Juror No. 4 — who was excused for a family obligation just before deliberations began — spoke to the Spectator about her experiences in the lengthy, first-degree murder trial of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich.

Freed from her duty, she was suddenly able to read media coverage of the case — something she'd been barred from until that point.

Now knowing what the jury did not — for example, that Millard and Smich were facing other first-degree murder charges — she had a constant headache during the five days of deliberations, as she anxiously awaited the call from court staff that a verdict had been reached.

When the jury returned with their verdicts on June 17, she sat nervously, with the general public, in the packed courtroom gallery. As the two first-degree murder convictions were delivered — sending both men away to prison for at least 25 years — she smiled.

"Justice was served," she says.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...scribes-difficult-road-back-to-everyday-life/

[video=twitter;756299251240566784]https://twitter.com/thespec/status/756299251240566784[/video]
Juror 4 should have told the court on day one that she couldn't do it.
Weak people shouldn't go on juries.

I often wonder if MS and DM have been successful keeping their support networks going- like MB for DM or if everyone on the outside has gotten a wakeup call and stopped supporting these two in their bids to tamper with evidence- especially DM. Any idea what facility they're at? When it's said that DM doesn't have access to the internet, since he's representing himself in the LB case, would he not be able to use a computer and have supervised access to the internet?

That is a really good point. I don't know what access prisoners have to internet. I heard they do have access but it is supervised.

This is totally unrelated,
I wonder if, at the time, (May 9-10) DM knew he was going down, and he wanted to take CN down with him. If I can't have her nobody can. Psycho think ???
Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member