Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I gather that DM is in personal bankruptcy - a process that is expected to take a year from filing.

He still "has" money - he offered a mortgage to the Helicopter people and the money is dribbling back to him.

There are numerous creditors listed in the bankruptcy, including the Bosmas and Revenue Canada.

Within a year from filing, the Bosmas can sue for what he's got. After that period he may be discharged from making payments to all creditors? He's considered even?

And then the mortgage money may still come dribbling in.

Anyone have a link to the bankruptcy docs?

Would be interesting to go back to CM net worth and then do some forensic accounting from 1999 at Millard Air hangers in Toronto. Everyone was living off Carl's real estate investments. WM and DM didn't earn money for decades. There was a bankruptcy in the 90's. If you start there and work forward, I believe a more realistic snapshot of finances would be revealed. I never bought into legal defense about multi millionaire. Was surprised everyone else did. I hope the Bosma civil suit claws at everything and anything that is available. Shame, shame on the leeches who felt so entitled.

I gather that DM is in personal bankruptcy - a process that is expected to take a year from filing.

He still "has" money - he offered a mortgage to the Helicopter people and the money is dribbling back to him.

There are numerous creditors listed in the bankruptcy, including the Bosmas and Revenue Canada.

Within a year from filing, the Bosmas can sue for what he's got. After that period he may be discharged from making payments to all creditors? He's considered even?

And then the mortgage money may still come dribbling in.

Anyone have a link to the bankruptcy docs?
Here's the link to the Notice and Statement of Receiver
http://www.zeifmans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Notice-and-Statement-of-Receiver-Nov-23-2015-2.pdf

The other doc's can be found under the filename Dellen Millard at http://www.zeifmans.ca/current-insolvency-files/

Would be interesting to go back to CM net worth and then do some forensic accounting from 1999 at Millard Air hangers in Toronto. Everyone was living off Carl's real estate investments. WM and DM didn't earn money for decades. There was a bankruptcy in the 90's. If you start there and work forward, I believe a more realistic snapshot of finances would be revealed. I never bought into legal defense about multi millionaire. Was surprised everyone else did. I hope the Bosma civil suit claws at everything and anything that is available. Shame, shame on the leeches who felt so entitled.
I guess there are levels of "multi-millionairism" and of course it all depends on how many people are eating out of the trough and how much their individual millionaire tastes amounts to. No doubt WM had enough money to keep himself living in luxury for the rest of his days but for some reason he felt obligated to find something for DM to excel at- even if it meant investing the bulk of his savings. IMHO there's still a million or two- it's just locked up in a murdered man's estate. MB? Hey, she's not fairing too badly. She collected out of the trough for a couple years by going on the Millardair payroll- that was all WM's money. MB and SS had the rule of the roost until things got frozen- so it's hard to say how much money went thru their little paws.

Yep- DM and MB both suffer from the entitlement gene. Leeches is right. As far as MB is concerned- visiting my son in jail, making court appearances to free up cash for his lawyers, dealing with accountants, hiding from the public, thinking of my son's upcoming murder trials is not a way I'd like to live- regardless how much money I had in my bank account. MOO

WM owned and rented out a second hangar to Air Transat at Pearson Airport until it was sold when the lease on the land expired and WM decided to build the new hangar. He and DM appeared to have continued to sell off the fleet of MillardAir aircraft and equipment either for parts or scrap metal after CM's death. CM's house on Derry road in Mississauga was sold for almost $800,000 before WM's death. Most likely it was being rented prior to that. There was an Etobicke six plex which was being rented out, a distillery condo which was listed as a rental property and eventually sold, a condo in Woodbridge (still not sure if rent was being collected on that) land on the Ayr farm was being rented out and it appears that DM may have been dealing drugs.

The bankruptcy was CM's, not WM's, and it appeared that he came out of that relatively unscathed thanks to some fancy accounting. Looks like the properties were kept separate from the business and were not affected. WM himself was very frugal so I doubt he was in any financial trouble (prior to the sale of the old hangar and the aquisition of the new one) and probably was making money off the investment of the rental income from both the hangar and the six plex since both were likely paid for and WM did not appear to be living too extravagantly in his later years. DM was making his own "fun money" from his properties and also claimed to be frugal. He didn't pay for anything he could steal it appears. We still don't know how much he may have stolen (and sold off) other than the few events he and his friends were forced to admit to because the stolen goods were found in the hangar.

So I think it's safe to assume that there were no real money problems or issues until WM decided to resurrect MillardAir after the lease at Pearson expired. And he may have paid for that decision with his life.

MOO

I guess there are levels of "multi-millionairism" and of course it all depends on how many people are eating out of the trough and how much their individual millionaire tastes amounts to. No doubt WM had enough money to keep himself living in luxury for the rest of his days but for some reason he felt obligated to find something for DM to excel at- even if it meant investing the bulk of his savings. IMHO there's still a million or two- it's just locked up in a murdered man's estate. MB? Hey, she's not fairing too badly. She collected out of the trough for a couple years by going on the Millardair payroll- that was all WM's money. MB and SS had the rule of the roost until things got frozen- so it's hard to say how much money went thru their little paws.

Yep- DM and MB both suffer from the entitlement gene. Leeches is right. As far as MB is concerned- visiting my son in jail, making court appearances to free up cash for his lawyers, dealing with accountants, hiding from the public, thinking of my son's upcoming murder trials is not a way I'd like to live- regardless how much money I had in my bank account. MOO

I'm sure that having married a 'millionaire', she would have undoubtedly been collecting a handsome alimony from WM each month, for years (I don't believe she ever remarried?) When WM died, would that end the alimony, or would she also be entitled to part of his estate if she had up until that point been receiving alimony? In any case, I'm sure she was collecting out of that trough for decades, and then it may have run dry for her after WM's death until her son put her on the payroll. jmo.

WM owned and rented out a second hangar to Air Transat at Pearson Airport until it was sold when the lease on the land expired and WM decided to build the new hangar. He and DM appeared to have continued to sell off the fleet of MillardAir aircraft and equipment either for parts or scrap metal after CM's death. CM's house on Derry road in Mississauga was sold for almost $800,000 before WM's death. Most likely it was being rented prior to that. There was an Etobicke six plex which was being rented out, a distillery condo which was listed as a rental property and eventually sold, a condo in Woodbridge (still not sure if rent was being collected on that) land on the Ayr farm was being rented out and it appears that DM may have been dealing drugs.

The bankruptcy was CM's, not WM's, and it appeared that he came out of that relatively unscathed thanks to some fancy accounting. Looks like the properties were kept separate from the business and were not affected. WM himself was very frugal so I doubt he was in any financial trouble (prior to the sale of the old hangar and the aquisition of the new one) and probably was making money off the investment of the rental income from both the hangar and the six plex since both were likely paid for and WM did not appear to be living too extravagantly in his later years. DM was making his own "fun money" from his properties and also claimed to be frugal. He didn't pay for anything he could steal it appears. We still don't know how much he may have stolen (and sold off) other than the few events he and his friends were forced to admit to because the stolen goods were found in the hangar.

So I think it's safe to assume that there were no real money problems or issues until WM decided to resurrect MillardAir after the lease at Pearson expired. And he may have paid for that decision with his life.

MOO

What a horrible way to put it, but seems about right. I don't have the B lawsuit docs, but I believe that none of the corporations were included in the civil suit.. too bad, since DM and MB and CN and MS may not really have any money in their personal names. Would it have been possible for the B's to include Millardair and/or Millard Properties in their lawsuit, considering TB was transported using company vehicles, taken into company premises, and etc? ie the vehicles, equipment, real estate holdings and principals of the corporation(s) were used during the commission of this crime, so why not sue them as well?

Thanks everyone for all the details - you made this convoluted chain of ownership much more clear to me. I only hope the Noudga trial doesn't put up with her selective memory and that justice is served in a timely manner.

What a horrible way to put it, but seems about right. I don't have the B lawsuit docs, but I believe that none of the corporations were included in the civil suit.. too bad, since DM and MB and CN and MS may not really have any money in their personal names. Would it have been possible for the B's to include Millardair and/or Millard Properties in their lawsuit, considering TB was transported using company vehicles, taken into company premises, and etc? ie the vehicles, equipment, real estate holdings and principals of the corporation(s) were used during the commission of this crime, so why not sue them as well?

I had wondered the same thing myself as I believe in the case of the DUI accident that recently killed 3 children and their grandfather, the civil case names the company he worked for (his father's company) as well being as he was driving a company vehicle. JMO

Thanks everyone for all the details - you made this convoluted chain of ownership much more clear to me. I only hope the Noudga trial doesn't put up with her selective memory and that justice is served in a timely manner.

I have a feeling that CN will be very quiet at her trial. Her reputation precedes her and she has a VERY good lawyer this time around. I think she's going to be muzzled. Testimony that was given at the previous trial cannot be used against her and I think she was very aware of that and played around with her testimony as it suited her. She knew nothing she said could be used in her trial. She's a smart and devious cookie.

What helps me keep the faith in matters of CN is the fact that her bail was so high and I believe that LE has lots of evidence against her. I think she was more involved than we know.

I remember a point in the trial when a police officer was testifying about what was found in her room. They had to be careful as to what the officer described finding. I still think there are some bombshells to be dropped.

MOO

I have a feeling that CN will be very quiet at her trial. Her reputation precedes her and she has a VERY good lawyer this time around. I think she's going to be muzzled. Testimony that was given at the previous trial cannot be used against her and I think she was very aware of that and played around with her testimony as it suited her. She knew nothing she said could be used in her trial. She's a smart and devious cookie.

What helps me keep the faith in matters of CN is the fact that her bail was so high and I believe that LE has lots of evidence against her. I think she was more involved than we know.

I remember a point in the trial when a police officer was testifying about what was found in her room. They had to be careful as to what the officer described finding. I still think there are some bombshells to be dropped.

MOO

I think the evidence against her stands on it's own. It's when she puts her "I don't know, I was stoned and I didn't ask questions while performing sexual favours" spin on it that it starts getting convoluted. And unless she's willing to get up on the stand and spin it again, which would be amusing, then this time the judge will only see what she did and her lawyer's attempted spin...which is not evidence.

Should be interesting.

MOO

MOO
Oh I'm thinking we're going to see the same old CN. Confident, cocky, arrogant and feeling extremely empowered with her new legal representation. The one thing about the sexual favour defence is that it's so easy for her to remember- I doubt she wants to change that narrative now. Seeing her IG, it does look like she may have moved on romantically, but I still thinks she'll be a handful for Greenspan. I'm wondering if DM and/or MB will be on the stand? MOO

Oh I'm thinking we're going to see the same old CN. Confident, cocky, arrogant and feeling extremely empowered with her new legal representation. The one thing about the sexual favour defence is that it's so easy for her to remember- I doubt she wants to change that narrative now. Seeing her IG, it does look like she may have moved on romantically, but I still thinks she'll be a handful for Greenspan. I'm wondering if DM and/or MB will be on the stand? MOO

<rbbm>

If you're referring to the black and white picture from October 13, that's not her in the picture. The same photo can be found uncropped on an LA-based makeup artists IG - it appears that CN cropped and reposted it as her own.

<rbbm>

If you're referring to the black and white picture from October 13, that's not her in the picture. The same photo can be found uncropped on an LA-based makeup artists IG - it appears that CN cropped and reposted it as her own.

As if I needed to loathe her more - she's also a plagiarist!

<rbbm>

Links please

Testimony that was given at the previous trial cannot be used against her and I think she was very aware of that and played around with her testimony as it suited her. She knew nothing she said could be used in her trial. She's a smart and devious cookie.

Her testimony in the Bosma trial cannot be used against her in the upcoming trial, BUT if the evidence against her in the trial to come proves that she was lying under oath in the Bosma trial, her testimony there can then be used as grounds for perjury proceedings against her (both the Charter and the Canada Evidence Act specifically allow for this). So if she was lying through her teeth she may not be as smart as she thinks she is (join the club, CN).

Obviously the Crown has a great deal of evidence, but on the other hand the bar of proof is pretty high, and it is far more difficult to prove what someone knew as opposed to what someone did. That's what has me worried. But they may have cell and text data that is very incriminating, as well as redacted or withheld portions of DM's letters. It won't be enough to prove that she should have known, or could have known, they have to show that she did know that DM had committed a murder when she assisted him. That won't be a slam dunk. I hope it turns out to be, because I find CN a totally loathsome person.

But on another point, I don't expect DM to be called as a witness, since he has no credibility whatever. Perhaps, as in the Bosma trial, the Crown will subpoena MB but not necessarily call her as a witness; that will keep her out of the courtroom.

Links please

It's against the rules to link to a random person's social media, but hopefully this is allowed.

This is from CN's IG:

2iuxjtd.jpg

And this is the version found on the makeup artist's IG:

<modsnip>

Her testimony in the Bosma trial cannot be used against her in the upcoming trial, BUT if the evidence against her in the trial to come proves that she was lying under oath in the Bosma trial, her testimony there can then be used as grounds for perjury proceedings against her (both the Charter and the Canada Evidence Act specifically allow for this). So if she was lying through her teeth she may not be as smart as she thinks she is (join the club, CN).

Obviously the Crown has a great deal of evidence, but on the other hand the bar of proof is pretty high, and it is far more difficult to prove what someone knew as opposed to what someone did. That's what has me worried. But they may have cell and text data that is very incriminating, as well as redacted or withheld portions of DM's letters. It won't be enough to prove that she should have known, or could have known, they have to show that she did know that DM had committed a murder when she assisted him. That won't be a slam dunk. I hope it turns out to be, because I find CN a totally loathsome person.

But on another point, I don't expect DM to be called as a witness, since he has no credibility whatever. Perhaps, as in the Bosma trial, the Crown will subpoena MB but not necessarily call her as a witness; that will keep her out of the courtroom.

By acting ignorant and suffering severe memory loss on the stand while testifying in the B trial, wouldn't she have been protecting herself from a claim of perjury later? If she chooses to remain silent and not to testify in her own defence at her own trial, she won't be able to perjure herself, will she? Nobody could really prove what CN did or did not remember. She is fortunate to have chosen trial by judge only, that's all I know.

<rbbm>

Good catch, how did you ever find that? Did you find any other instances on her IG?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini_Mind
Back