Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you think DM, MB, MS or CN will read this book?

(IMO DM's so vain, he's probably got it on pre-order)

DM and MS can get a hard copy. I think DM and MB, who spent a lot of time defending a certain image of DM, would be very interested in the public take on DM and family. Plus I think there is some family history about DM before the murders? (not sure.)

Of all named, I think DM is the most likely to read the book. He's got a huge ego - it would be impossible for him to ignore a book written about him.
I would think that if I were writing a book on someone, the first step would be to ask for an interview, and later, send a copy of the book and ask for an interview. Just seems like proper procedure (if I could stomach it), or at least good publicity/marketing. JMO.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Well that's what those text messages written on her cell phone while DM was driving in the dark prove she knew.

I wondered about those (likely) texts, too. But, if she did write texts on the drive, and those texts clearly showed she was aware that DM had committed murder, CN would have to know about those texts being in the possession of the Crown, because all that had to be disclosed to her lawyer. Even as egomaniacal as she seems to be, I don't see how she would have told such an easily provable lie on the stand at the B. trial. knowing that the Crown had such texts in their possession, that proved she was texting the whole time she said she was erotically engaged, and/or that she was privy to details of the murder.

Here's hoping that she IS that stupid. Because, if she lied on the stand in the B. trial, and it can be proven that she did so, she does stand to get prison time. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

I picked up a copy of DARK AMBITION last night. Websleuth's gets quite the write up. Some flattering ..some not. Specific member posts are even quoted.

Some users quoted in the first few chapters of the book include MOLLYMAE, CANADIANGIRL, LOYALSLEUTH and LORI McA.

Some users quoted in the first few chapters of the book include MOLLYMAE, CANADIANGIRL, LOYALSLEUTH and LORI McA.

Could I ask what the purpose of their being quoted was? ie to agree/disagree with their points of view, or to just show the intense community interest in this case, or ?

Could I ask what the purpose of their being quoted was? ie to agree/disagree with their points of view, or to just show the intense community interest in this case, or ?

IMO the references to the Websleuth community acknowledge the intense community interest and the value we add to the investigation but also how we sometimes get it wrong, for example, when CANADIANGIRL attempted to villainize TB for a tattoo on his fingers, which turned out to be incorrect.

IMO the references to the Websleuth community acknowledge the intense community interest and the value we add to the investigation but also how we sometimes get it wrong, for example, when CANADIANGIRL attempted to villainize TB for a tattoo on his fingers, which turned out to be incorrect.

You believe the reference to WS members was put into the book to show the value they add to the investigation? Really? I don't remember anything about a tattoo or anyone villanizing TB? Any idea where to look back for that?

You can't say things publicly and then say people need permission to repeat what you've said publicly.

Repeating what people have said in public is different than printing what people have written, especially if it is for your own profit and without their permission.

That's talking about the website as a whole. There is such a thing as fair use where up to 10% of copyrighted material can be cited. Given the thousands of pages of material on Bosma alone, a few pulled quotes are obviously fair use.

That is like saying that a publication like the Toronto Star, when taken as a whole, has so much content, that to copy entire stories must be less than 10% of their entire content and so must qualify as fair use.

But that's not the way it goes, you can't repost 10% of an entire site or even an entire thread and call it fair use. If you are taking the words that other people have written, specifically to republish for your own profit, you must ask permission of the original author, otherwise it is plagerism or a copywrite violation or both.

Does this mean that permission was not asked to use quotes from member here? Because that is what it is started to sound like.

Yes it does because it would have been nice to have been asked for my permission. That is called common courtesy.

I also use this nickname for other forums and I might not care for it to be in someone's book, especially when I think they are profitting from someone's death.

I agree completely, which is why I have that tag line at the end of all my posts. My thoughts expressed here were not for sale, nor do I want anyone to profit from them.

The exception I would allow would be if 100% of the profits went to the victim's family. I am still waiting to hear what percentage of the book about the murderer of Tim Bosma will go to the Bosma family. I am hoping it is 20% or more, but even if it is just 5%, it is given as a sign of respect, and to me, it is the difference between honouring the memory of the deceased as opposed to exploiting the events for profit. I know others may disagree with my opinion, but this is my opinion only, and not a judgment or criticism of any authors. And since there are other authors here, I would love to hear their opinions on the matter of what percentage they think should go to the victim's family when a book is written about their murder or their killer.

All my opinion only.

You believe the reference to WS members was put into the book to show the value they add to the investigation? Really? I don't remember anything about a tattoo or anyone villanizing TB? Any idea where to look back for that?

Here...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Bosma-32-Hamilton-Ontario-6-May-2013-1/page7

Abro's comment:

The tattoo rumours fed the peculiar hope that this was not just a random crime, even if they did so at the expense of the victim's reputation and caused his family added distress.

That is like saying that a publication like the Toronto Star, when taken as a whole, has so much content, that to copy entire stories must be less than 10% of their entire content and so must qualify as fair use.

But that's not the way it goes, you can't repost 10% of an entire site or even an entire thread and call it fair use. If you are taking the words that other people have written, specifically to republish for your own profit, you must ask permission of the original author, otherwise it is plagerism or a copywrite violation or both.

Does this mean that permission was not asked to use quotes from member here? Because that is what it is started to sound like.

There's maybe 1/2 dozen one-line quotes from Websleuths to show public reaction in the whole book.

It's really not anything for anybody to get their panties in a knot over.

I think Abro likely discussed her plans with the owner on here. JMOO.

Also, anytime WS gets media coverage, it is usually seen as a positive thing for WS.

There's maybe 1/2 dozen one-line quotes from Websleuths to show public reaction in the whole book.

It's really not anything for anybody to get their panties in a knot over.

Pointing out a grand mistake in the concept of fair use is not getting my panties in a knot, and I think I resent the sexist term.

I still hope that permission was granted to use those quotes.

For your pleasure, every quote pulled from WS that appears in ABro's book:

loyalsleuth "I hope Tim gets home safe"

loyalsleuth: "Something tells me Timothy knew these people. Leaving in the dark with two strangers that 'walked' to my home in the country is too far-fetched, IMHO."

canadiangirl: "In one of those photos it looks like [Tim] may have some tattoos on his fingers."

loyalsleuth: "You're right! Pure assumption, but tattoos on fingers are something done in jail? Identifying marks for sure."

canadiangirl: "Photoshopped by the photographer perhaps?"

Lori McA: "[The man] sporting the knuckle tats has a wedding ring on. TB had no wedding ring on before the ceremony. AND the biggest clue it is not TB-the man pictured is wearing a dark vest. TB's vest was white/off white."

meterclicks: "Zing. MS is giving Sachak a taste of his own medicine this morning."

Kamille: "Oh snap LOL. MS should have been a comedian LOL."

Redheart: "Interesting. I'm starting the believe that MS is not as dumb as what I first thought."

Katpaws: "Smich is getting sassy. I'm still fully on the fence about MS's role, but I'm not a fan of Sachack's style at all...so I can't help but take a little delight in MS's quick comebacks. Clearly cleaning himself up has revealed a more clever and quick-witted guy than we initially realized."

Ooops I missed 2 on my cut n paste:

mollymae: "This is breaking my heart"

canadiangirl: "sooooo sad and the wife speaking just makes me cry"

I hope once all the trials are over, that we see the full picture and just how guilty they all are! They all belong in prison - DM, MS, CN, and all the lying friends who covered for them..... sad to see that human nature is what it is- protect the guilty regardless of what they have done. No conscience or moral compass - just look out for # 1...

I hope once all the trials are over, that we see the full picture and just how guilty they all are! They all belong in prison - DM, MS, CN, and all the lying friends who covered for them..... sad to see that human nature is what it is- protect the guilty regardless of what they have done. No conscience or moral compass - just look out for # 1...

12 days until CN's trial...3 weeks for the trial...she should be in jail for xmas. Merry Christmas everybody!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back